BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #67
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Basically we need to see the invoice pdf to solve this issue . Anyone managed to get their hands on one?
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #68
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Update: I just got a report with trim and leather included at no charge with Zp2. Just keep trying. I think the system is starting to correct itself .
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #69
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
I think that once ZP2 starts showing ZPP and Power/Memory Seats as the only items in that package then we will know that the system is being corrected. ZP2 should not be ordered if ZPP is not shown and ordered in the first place...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #70
shawshank772
Captain
shawshank772's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
900
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Correct itself??!!! Is it SKYNET? off topic....here come the machines.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #71
cali2121
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Basically we need to see the invoice pdf to solve this issue . Anyone managed to get their hands on one?
+10000000000
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #72
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
Correct itself??!!! Is it SKYNET? off topic....here come the machines.


LOL you know what I meant. I stll feel uneasy that the words "Power Seats" or something along those lines doesn't appear under ZP2. Other than that everything looks good on my side.

My ZP2 lists everything like it should including leather and trim, minus the words power seats.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #73
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Spoke with my CA and he says his computer still shows $2,000 for the extended leather option. Called BMWNA and the rep pulled up my order which showed the extended leather at $1,100... Someone's computer is wrong and I'll put money on my CA's!
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #74
asif163
Captain
asif163's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3, '14 Range Rover Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to asif163 Send a message via MSN to asif163
Just talked to my CA and my order shows that the Premium Package 2 includes everything that Premium Package did with the addition of power seats. Carbon Leather was included in the PP2 price as well.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 / Acquired: 11.08.2010
2014 Range Rover Sport / Acquired: 06.08.2013
Retired: 2011 BMW X3, 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro, 2008 E92 335i, 2005.5 Audi S4 V8
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #75
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif163 View Post
Just talked to my CA and my order shows that the Premium Package 2 includes everything that Premium Package did with the addition of power seats. Carbon Leather was included in the PP2 price as well.
Can you please post a screenshot showing the words "power seats" or something in the ZP2 package description. Mine shows everything but doesnt show the words power seats.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #76
asif163
Captain
asif163's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3, '14 Range Rover Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to asif163 Send a message via MSN to asif163
Here's a scan of my order with invoice pricing for the new packages:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf scan0099.pdf (360.6 KB, 228 views)
__________________
2011 E92 M3 / Acquired: 11.08.2010
2014 Range Rover Sport / Acquired: 06.08.2013
Retired: 2011 BMW X3, 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro, 2008 E92 335i, 2005.5 Audi S4 V8
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #77
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif163 View Post
Here's a scan of my order with invoice pricing for the new packages:
Thanks. My ZP2 shows up exactly like that also. I'll go ahead and assume then the power seats will come with it even though it doesn't specifically state it.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #78
asif163
Captain
asif163's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3, '14 Range Rover Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to asif163 Send a message via MSN to asif163
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Thanks. My ZP2 shows up exactly like that also. I'll go ahead and assume then the power seats will come with it even though it doesn't specifically state it.
Congrats on your order man! Seems like we ordered at the roughly the same time and we may be on the same ship!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 / Acquired: 11.08.2010
2014 Range Rover Sport / Acquired: 06.08.2013
Retired: 2011 BMW X3, 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro, 2008 E92 335i, 2005.5 Audi S4 V8
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #79
cali2121
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif163 View Post
Here's a scan of my order with invoice pricing for the new packages:
So looking at your pdf file, it looks like you got $1000 over invoice right? Is 'wholesale' any different from 'invoice'? If you guys could clarify, that would be great!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #80
asif163
Captain
asif163's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3, '14 Range Rover Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to asif163 Send a message via MSN to asif163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2121 View Post
So looking at your pdf file, it looks like you got $1000 over invoice right? Is 'wholesale' any different from 'invoice'? If you guys could clarify, that would be great!
Yup, $1k over invoice. I believe wholesale and invoice are synonymous.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 / Acquired: 11.08.2010
2014 Range Rover Sport / Acquired: 06.08.2013
Retired: 2011 BMW X3, 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro, 2008 E92 335i, 2005.5 Audi S4 V8
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #81
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif163 View Post
Congrats on your order man! Seems like we ordered at the roughly the same time and we may be on the same ship!
Yeah looks like it. I'm doing ED though so it might not be on the same boat. Are you doing ED? Mine is on Sept. 27th.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #82
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Spoke with my CA and he says his computer still shows $2,000 for the extended leather option. Called BMWNA and the rep pulled up my order which showed the extended leather at $1,100... Someone's computer is wrong and I'll put money on my CA's!
CA responded to my email, apparently the system is now showing the extended leather as an $1,100 option, not the $2,000 originally shown...
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #83
enigma01
Fight On!
enigma01's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: M3 e93/e92, Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice13 View Post
In vert I cant get comp pkg, So only way to get EDCin vert is an extra 1 k. I knew this was gonna cost me more. The dealer told me maybe I will do better with the new pkg, I laughed and said not a chance.
Your dealer is right. For the vert customers, the new pricing *MAY* benefit them. Consider a hypothetical customer with the following options:

Old:
Base = $67050
ZTP (Tech Pkg) = $3250
302 Anti-theft alarm system = $400
507 PDC = $380
6FL iPod and USB adapter = $400
Dest = $875
GGT = $1700
Grand Total = $74055

New:
Base = $67050
ZCV (Conv Pkg) = $2900
223 EDC = $1000
Dest = $875
GGT = $1700
Grand Total = $73525

Total Saving of New over Old: $530
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #84
cheesy9
Private First Class
United_States
8
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
Your dealer is right. For the vert customers, the new pricing *MAY* benefit them. Consider a hypothetical customer with the following options:

Old:
Base = $67050
ZTP (Tech Pkg) = $3250
302 Anti-theft alarm system = $400
507 PDC = $380
6FL iPod and USB adapter = $400
Dest = $875
GGT = $1700
Grand Total = $74055

New:
Base = $67050
ZCV (Conv Pkg) = $2900
223 EDC = $1000
Dest = $875
GGT = $1700
Grand Total = $73525

Total Saving of New over Old: $530
Not just hypothetical. For my configuration the previous MSRP as configured online was $82450, new MSRP according to dealer is $82170, AND I'm getting anti-theft as part of ZCV, which would have been $400 extra. That's effectively a savings of $680.

However, I noticed the configuration my dealer gave me is missing "Smartphone Integration", which I'm not sure exactly what that is. What is it? Is it included in ZCV now?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 06:30 AM   #85
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
Your dealer is right. For the vert customers, the new pricing *MAY* benefit them. Consider a hypothetical customer with the following options:

Old:
Base = $67050
ZTP (Tech Pkg) = $3250
302 Anti-theft alarm system = $400
507 PDC = $380
6FL iPod and USB adapter = $400
Dest = $875
GGT = $1700
Grand Total = $74055

New:
Base = $67050
ZCV (Conv Pkg) = $2900
223 EDC = $1000
Dest = $875
GGT = $1700
Grand Total = $73525

Total Saving of New over Old: $530
GGT = $1300
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #86
dardeca
Lieutenant
dardeca's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy9 View Post
Not just hypothetical. For my configuration the previous MSRP as configured online was $82450, new MSRP according to dealer is $82170, AND I'm getting anti-theft as part of ZCV, which would have been $400 extra. That's effectively a savings of $680.

However, I noticed the configuration my dealer gave me is missing "Smartphone Integration", which I'm not sure exactly what that is. What is it? Is it included in ZCV now?
Smartphone integration is a $150 option that provides for more direct synching between the car and phone. Without smartphone integration, the car and phone synch through the bluetooth setup. With smartphone integration, the phone is actually docked in a tray in the car and all synch is done via hardwire. The smartphone integration also allows you phone to be charged in the tray. I'm sure there are probably a few more capabilities that are extended with the smartphone integration, but I haven't read that section of the manual yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #87
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
Smartphone integration is a $150 option that provides for more direct synching between the car and phone. Without smartphone integration, the car and phone synch through the bluetooth setup. With smartphone integration, the phone is actually docked in a tray in the car and all synch is done via hardwire. The smartphone integration also allows you phone to be charged in the tray. I'm sure there are probably a few more capabilities that are extended with the smartphone integration, but I haven't read that section of the manual yet.
That's incorrect.

The 6NF option adds a second USB/AUX port to option 6FL, allowing the iPhone music to be accessed thru that second port while the phone is docked. The Bluetooth phone connection is kept as it always have been by design, wireless.

The 6FL USB is the priority USB connection, i.e., whatever music device plugged into the 6FL USB will make the 6NF iPhone music not possible to be accessed.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #88
dardeca
Lieutenant
dardeca's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
458
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Your invoice will be inflated if the ordering system is set to charge extra for options that are already part of packages. So unless these issues are resolved you will not know what is the real invoice. Thus for example $500 over invoice doesn't tell you anything about the $1500 in the invoice that should not be there in the first place.

I think that we are not getting the idea here... if you are willing to pay whatever then you should not have any issue with this current ordering system. If you are a customer -like me- that likes to pay the absolute minimum necessary then you should wait until this is sorted out.
That statement is ridiculous. The window sticker will reflect the correct, final MSRP pricing. The ordering system's primary function is to build the cars according to customer or dealer requests, and cannot allows be an indication of MSRP....as my CA told me, the ordering system puts up wrong pricing more often than not.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST