BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source

08-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #23
Gyoung
Private

Drives: E92 M3 & C219 CLS55

Too many special editions...
Gyoung is offline   United_States
      08-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
erio
Captain

Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Yeah but this is the first one to get a power bump excluding the GTS which is set up more for club sport use and not an ideal daily driver.
erio is offline   United_States
      08-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #25
zamm3k
Bla!

Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I guess it is racist if your logic is South Africa = lots of black africans, lots of black africans = poor people, black africans = how can they afford special edition M3s?
If so, yes your thinking is racist in a way, but reflective of how the social structure of SA is and people's ignorance of the world other than their little neighborhood (IE People think the Republic of Georgia, is Georgia, like Atlanta Georgia). There's a large white population there that were decendents of the landowners and industrialists and believe me, they got money, they run the economy.

That said, you should probably brief yourself on the history of South Africa before making a comment like this. You'll find out that there's plenty of money in South Africa. Out of all the countries in Africa it's the biggest economy, there must be a reason why the World Cup was held there, don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_africa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita
He wasn't trying to be racist. He clearly stated it. And I don't find him to be ignorant either. I thought the same thing when I read South Africa. I've always thought the M3 was aimed more at the North American market more than anything, so it's no surprise, that people ARE surprised this special edition will be released in South Africa only.

BTW, I highlighted part of your statement, that makes it sounds like the only wealthy people in South Africa are white people. Sounded a bit racist.

zamm3k is offline   United_States
      08-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #26
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned

Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

ROFL at sensitive people. Grow up.

I am excited to see the performance numbers this thing puts down compared to a stock car.
      08-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #27
I_LUV_M_PWR
Registered

Drives: Black and very fuel efficient

Hey I'm from South Africa. And TBH we don't really care about all this racist crap. Sure it will NEVER go away but we learn to live with it and are desensitized to it already. It exists all over the world. So it's all good.

We're called the rainbow nation and we all live happily together. Yes there's a large percentage from all races that don't want to get along but you find that all over the place. Everyone deserves to NOT be painted with the same brush.

Wow I typed an extremely long reply that went way off topic. I decided against it. It became tiresome.

But just to add, sadly majority of the high earners in our country are indeed white. Nothing wrong with that but a decent head start was created after Nelson Mandela was released. So for a long time they'll have "one up" on us. But I (as a person of mixed race origin) don't hate them for it. I'll go out and make my own money We've been given the tools so now we learn to use them ourselves.

Anyway, back on topic.

The reason it's launched in SA most likely is because of the large factory we have here. Your E36 4 door M3 probably came from here. And in addition to this there's many things we don't get that you guys did (like the E30 M3), so give us this one

Fortunately for us it's not true that we live in trees and ride to work on elephants. In fact I have NEVER seen a wild animal (excluding of course zoos and nature reserves)

I sadly cannot afford this or even the normal E9X M3 but I can dam well try

I had an E36 M3 at one point but sold it and got married and bought a house etc. I now drive a Fiesta 1.6. I will however own a premium car again. Soon.

PS this was my first post here after years of lurking. So hello everyone

And yes we do have internet

Just kidding, just playing with those people who are afraid of sounding racist LOL
      08-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #28
e46e92love
Brigadier General

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LUV_M_PWR View Post
Hey I'm from South Africa. And TBH we don't really care about all this racist crap. Sure it will NEVER go away but we learn to live with it and are desensitized to it already. It exists all over the world. So it's all good.

We're called the rainbow nation and we all live happily together. Yes there's a large percentage from all races that don't want to get along but you find that all over the place. Everyone deserves to NOT be painted with the same brush.

Wow I typed an extremely long reply that went way off topic. I decided against it. It became tiresome.

But just to add, sadly majority of the high earners in our country are indeed white. Nothing wrong with that but a decent head start was created after Nelson Mandela was released. So for a long time they'll have "one up" on us. But I (as a person of mixed race origin) don't hate them for it. I'll go out and make my own money We've been given the tools so now we learn to use them ourselves.

Anyway, back on topic.

The reason it's launched in SA most likely is because of the large factory we have here. Your E36 4 door M3 probably came from here. And in addition to this there's many things we don't get that you guys did (like the E30 M3), so give us this one

Fortunately for us it's not true that we live in trees and ride to work on elephants. In fact I have NEVER seen a wild animal (excluding of course zoos and nature reserves)

I sadly cannot afford this or even the normal E9X M3 but I can dam well try

I had an E36 M3 at one point but sold it and got married and bought a house etc. I now drive a Fiesta 1.6. I will however own a premium car again. Soon.

PS this was my first post here after years of lurking. So hello everyone

And yes we do have internet

Just kidding, just playing with those people who are afraid of sounding racist LOL
Welcome to the forums!!!

I like your post Very matter of fact and got me to chuckle.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
      08-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #29
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Drives: metrocard

not totally off topic...... Robin Rhode was the South African artist who commisioned the "Expression of Joy" with the new Z4 driving around with paint on its wheels.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
      08-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #30
Malbolge
Major General

Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
Sorry not trying to be racist but of all places South Africa?
lol, not racist but ignorant yes.

SA factory produced a fair bit of very rare special BMWs and actually have been assembling BMWs for quite some time, easily before the US. For example it's often you'll find reading up on some model history that SA had some special edition of the same model with bigger engine or more power. Not just M cars, but other examples as well, like 3 5 and 7ers with bigger motors, etc. South Africa also has very good roads for sports car test drives - hence quite few issues I've seen where some SLR or such was driven on bright white roads of SA.

They also used to have grand prix in SA in back in the days. World Cup is all fine but there is more to that country....

Back on topic, i think this is a nice looking combo though red brakes look a bit vulgar.

Last edited by Malbolge; 08-04-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
      08-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #31
MUFCbmwbear
1. Man Utd 2. BMW 3. Beer

Drives: 14 M235i 6MT

I was in south Africa for world cup.... in the nicer areas there were A LOT of bimmers including tons of M cars. I saw several e46 CSL running around the SANDTON area, a ritzy area outside of Johannesburg. There was an Aston Martin store and the BMW of Sandton was right next to the FIFA building where we picked up our match tickets.

Lake Zurich raised, Wrigleyville, Southport Corridor,CHICAGO
MUFCbmwbear is offline   United_States
      08-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #32
BGM
Colonel

Drives: F21 118d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
I've always thought the M3 was aimed more at the North American market more than anything...
funny guy
BGM is offline   United Kingdom
      08-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #33
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 e92 m3

The murdered out look is fine with me, but matte finishes are going out of style now...

No offense to the matte black fans, but M3's should have that wet look.

Shiny M3's FTW!
      08-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #34
A-Man
Captain

Drives: e92 M3

BMW has a large share of the south african market, along with other major car brands. For example, johannesburg has one of the biggest porsche dealership in the world. Thats gotta show something.

Back to the topic, personally like the fact of the special edition M3, but that red calipers are not cool..
      08-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #35
madman23
Lieutenant

Drives: 1988 325 IX

LOL. thats awsome that they get such a better ltd then the US.
      08-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #36
Kinzer S13GT
Avid enthusiast... is to put lightly!!

Drives: Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman23 View Post
LOL. thats awsome that they get such a better ltd then the US.
...SERIOUSLY!!! This one totally poops on the one we were offered. Ours is a joke, no real performance mods. Come on BMW! And that interior is so much classier and gorgeous! All its needs is a better brake kit, and its done! lol
      08-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #37
ArabianSensation
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Sounds better than the Frozen Grey package we got in the US, this at least has performance upgrades by ACS...
      08-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #38
iDrvSlw-GP
iDrvSlw

Drives: E90 Lci

South African Edition

Hi Guys

To the dude with the "racist issue" dont stress man in S.A where the car community is concern we not racist we have black and some white cars too and im not black either
there is a power bump because we in S.A are not getting the GTS and as soon as the unit is availible i will post some pics.
so from sunny South Africa keep it ///M.
iDrvSlw-GP is offline   South Africa
      08-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #39
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
      08-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #40
sippinblkgold
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 330i black 6spd

i love it!! really does make our "editions" look like afterthoughts, which they most assuredly were . reminds me of the clk amg black series
      08-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #41
Imola.ZHP
No car payments...

Drives: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Send a message via AIM to Imola.ZHP Send a message via MSN to Imola.ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to Imola.ZHP
lol

Marcus
-- 330i ZHP
-- Build Date 03/03/03
Imola.ZHP is offline   United_States
      08-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #42
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

Even Speaking the word Africa is racist...

if you're white.
      08-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #43
Convertible
Private First Class

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k
"I've always thought the M3 was aimed more at the North American market more than anything..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
funny guy

M3's are aimed as much to US market as Buick's are for mongolians....
E30 M3 Convertible
Convertible is offline   Finland
      08-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #44
templarklimek
templarklimek

Drives: 13' X6M, 14' M6 CP, M235 OTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I guess it is racist if your logic is South Africa = lots of black africans, lots of black africans = poor people, black africans = how can they afford special edition M3s?
If so, yes your thinking is racist in a way, but reflective of how the social structure of SA is and people's ignorance of the world other than their little neighborhood (IE People think the Republic of Georgia, is Georgia, like Atlanta Georgia). There's a large white population there that were decendents of the landowners and industrialists and believe me, they got money, they run the economy.

That said, you should probably brief yourself on the history of South Africa before making a comment like this. You'll find out that there's plenty of money in South Africa. Out of all the countries in Africa it's the biggest economy, there must be a reason why the World Cup was held there, don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_africa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_GDP_(nominal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita
South Africa is in a massive decline, what wealth and opportunity remains are created by the remaining whites. It is on it's way to becoming Zimbabwe. Quickly call me a racist and send the thought police to throw me in a gulag.
templarklimek is offline   United_States