BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

08-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
What color is the silver interior?

I want to buy fabric to match my silver interior. But what is the specific name of that silver blue colored material? Is it a bmw only color? Its obviously not silver, but I need some idea of what the actual color name is.

And dont be a smartass and say the silver interior is silver, because its not!
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      08-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
elp_jc
Brigadier General

Drives: .

I have black seats myself, but I've seen the interior, and it matches the Silverstone II color to a 'T' IMO. So I'd call the color 'baby blue'. And yes, my car is that color .
elp_jc is offline   United_States
      08-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
In certain pics the silverstone II does look similar, but then on close ups it looks grayer then my interior.

I wonder if the fabric store will let me carry a bunch of samples out to the car to compare!?
      08-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
elp_jc
Brigadier General

Drives: .

It's going to be a pretty hard color to match, to be honest, but you can always try. May I ask what's in your mind? You're scaring me a little .
elp_jc is offline   United_States
      08-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
It's going to be a pretty hard color to match, to be honest, but you can always try. May I ask what's in your mind? You're scaring me a little .
Well I did do my 335 interior in white alcantara. However nothing that dramatic this time. I thought about wrapping trim in color matched fabric with a nice stitching on it how the carbon leather trim is stitched, but im probably not doing that.

Im going to do a cup holder delete, but the trim piece without the cup holder cut outs isnt available, so I have to make one, and im probably gonna do it in the silver interior color. So just that little cup holder strip........for now. I dont know, I just like doing custom stuff and want to play with the nice silver-blue color.
      11-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
asif163
Captain

Drives: '11 M3, '14 Range Rover Sport

Send a message via AIM to asif163 Send a message via MSN to asif163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Well I did do my 335 interior in white alcantara. However nothing that dramatic this time. I thought about wrapping trim in color matched fabric with a nice stitching on it how the carbon leather trim is stitched, but im probably not doing that.

Im going to do a cup holder delete, but the trim piece without the cup holder cut outs isnt available, so I have to make one, and im probably gonna do it in the silver interior color. So just that little cup holder strip........for now. I dont know, I just like doing custom stuff and want to play with the nice silver-blue color.
If you figure this fabric color match with the Silver Novillo PLEASE let me know. I'm kicking myself for not getting the extended leather option and now I really want it. I just can't find the OEM leather fabric from BMW at all!
asif163 is offline   United_States
      11-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
ersin
Brigadier General

Drives: 08 IB E92 M3

Unless its black, all the Novillo leather colors seem to be kept under wraps by BMW -- apparently it's an M specific color. I read (somewhere) that LeatherZ tried matching the Bamboo Beige but couldn't. I assume the Palladium Silver and Fox Red too. And they couldn't get "Novillo" leather either. I could be wrong so check with the LeatherZ folks.

I'm no expert on this but I would think that a good upholsterer should be able to get a decent fabric color match to Palladium Silver. Unfortunately, I know of no good vehicle upholsterer to recommend in the area. Good luck. And if you succeed post pics.

Cheers.

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
ersin is offline   United_States