BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
22

 
JoosyJoos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Johns Creek, GA


Posts: 1,292
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to JoosyJoos
5 Week Business Training in Mumbai

Hey guys,

So I've been assigned to business training for my new technology consulting job in Mumbai in June. I was just wondering if anyone has visited, lived there etc. and could give me a few tips on what there is to do, what to avoid, etc.

Should be an interesting experience to say the least... so help prepare me if you can!

Thanks
__________________

1998 M3 Vert
1995 M3 Track Car
2008 335i - Retired
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Bimmer-Pilot
NY Yankees #1
Cuba
27

 
Bimmer-Pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AW E92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach Gardens,FL


Posts: 1,174
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 Ferrari F-430  [0.00]
06 X-3  [0.00]
Here's my tip don't go.............J/k
[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKqdIDxoWBE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKqdIDxoWBE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
DevJ
Colonel
34

 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK


Posts: 2,711
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
Hey guys,

So I've been assigned to business training for my new technology consulting job in Mumbai in June. I was just wondering if anyone has visited, lived there etc. and could give me a few tips on what there is to do, what to avoid, etc.

Should be an interesting experience to say the least... so help prepare me if you can!

Thanks
That sucks..lol this is coming from an Indian. Watch out for the crooked ass customs officers. If they hassle you, give them a few ruppees. Believe me, it's worth it. Don't be shocked if you see many children beggars around the main streets, this is typical..be aware of shady ass Indians that could steal your shit also. Be careful of what you order at restaurants and what you eat. Also, if it's a shitty restaurant, check the bottle caps of the water bottles, sometimes those fucks glue the caps back on and fill them up with tap water.

Other than that, you should be fine. Try to enjoy the time you spend there.
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
choicez
Major
53

 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA


Posts: 1,065
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
That sucks..lol this is coming from an Indian. Watch out for the crooked ass customs officers. If they hassle you, give them a few ruppees. Believe me, it's worth it. Don't be shocked if you see many children beggars around the main streets, this is typical..be aware of shady ass Indians that could steal your shit also. Be careful of what you order at restaurants and what you eat. Also, if it's a shitty restaurant, check the bottle caps of the water bottles, sometimes those fucks glue the caps back on and fill them up with tap water.

Other than that, you should be fine. Try to enjoy the time you spend there.
Guess Slumdog Millionaire was on point...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
samwoo2go
Banned
75

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal


Posts: 782
iTrader: (12)

its dirty as shit, bums and thiefs everywhere. rude ass fuckers always hit you with their mopeds. All in all, a real piece of shit place, and I have been to some shitty places. It's really a disservice to India for it to be the financial capital of India.
DON'T give the kids anything, and I say that not to be me mean but once you do, they NEVER STOP COMING...in herds, and they get increasingly aggressive, getting their grubby little hands all over your shit, talking shit and spiting on you if you stop giving, and if you ever think about physically pushing them away, their "watchers" will jump out and beat the shit out of you. Then the cops will come investigate and if you don't pay them, you will get a second beating. Then the ambulance will come, and if you don't pay them, you will get a third beating and they will leave you there bleeding to death. Then the little street kids will come back and point and laugh at you, then proceed to piss on you for 1 final insult.
As you lay there on the streets of Mumbai covered with curry piss and bleeding to death, you will use your last ounce of energy to pull out you phone, get online, go to E90post/OT and reply here "I wish I didn't go to Mumbai..." that's when a 80 years old snake charmer comes over rubs some cow dung all over your face claiming it's spiritual medicine and takes your phone as "payment".

Have a good trip, don't drink the water bro.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #6
choicez
Major
53

 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA


Posts: 1,065
iTrader: (12)

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 02:38 AM   #7
SoCali E36
OOOOWEEEEE!
United_States
50

 
SoCali E36's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 E36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...


Posts: 3,076
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
its dirty as shit, bums and thiefs everywhere. rude ass fuckers always hit you with their mopeds. All in all, a real piece of shit place, and I have been to some shitty places. It's really a disservice to India for it to be the financial capital of India.
DON'T give the kids anything, and I say that not to be me mean but once you do, they NEVER STOP COMING...in herds, and they get increasingly aggressive, getting their grubby little hands all over your shit, talking shit and spiting on you if you stop giving, and if you ever think about physically pushing them away, their "watchers" will jump out and beat the shit out of you. Then the cops will come investigate and if you don't pay them, you will get a second beating. Then the ambulance will come, and if you don't pay them, you will get a third beating and they will leave you there bleeding to death. Then the little street kids will come back and point and laugh at you, then proceed to piss on you for 1 final insult.
As you lay there on the streets of Mumbai covered with curry piss and bleeding to death, you will use your last ounce of energy to pull out you phone, get online, go to E90post/OT and reply here "I wish I didn't go to Mumbai..." that's when a 80 years old snake charmer comes over rubs some cow dung all over your face claiming it's spiritual medicine and takes your phone as "payment".

Have a good trip, don't drink the water bro.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #8
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
74

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH


Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Don't forget the pepto.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
Peanuto
Private First Class
9

 
Peanuto's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

What Samwoo said. Think of the beggars as whores and watchers pimps. They send the kids out to beg, and the kids return and give the money to the watchers in return for shelter/food etc... The money is really going to their sleazy begging pimp, who when he can afford it, will hire a shitty street doctor to cut a kid's arm off so he gets more sympathy from people and thus more money.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
wwjbd24
Private First Class
2

 
Drives: e92 07 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mid Atlantic


Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

it's gonna be monsoon season, right? good luck, from an indian who frequents mumbai
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
34

 
jeveryday's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Sparkling Graphite 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island, New York


Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (6)

Heard nothing but great things about that place.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
immiketoo
Colonel
68

 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
its dirty as shit, bums and thiefs everywhere. rude ass fuckers always hit you with their mopeds. All in all, a real piece of shit place, and I have been to some shitty places. It's really a disservice to India for it to be the financial capital of India.
DON'T give the kids anything, and I say that not to be me mean but once you do, they NEVER STOP COMING...in herds, and they get increasingly aggressive, getting their grubby little hands all over your shit, talking shit and spiting on you if you stop giving, and if you ever think about physically pushing them away, their "watchers" will jump out and beat the shit out of you. Then the cops will come investigate and if you don't pay them, you will get a second beating. Then the ambulance will come, and if you don't pay them, you will get a third beating and they will leave you there bleeding to death. Then the little street kids will come back and point and laugh at you, then proceed to piss on you for 1 final insult.
As you lay there on the streets of Mumbai covered with curry piss and bleeding to death, you will use your last ounce of energy to pull out you phone, get online, go to E90post/OT and reply here "I wish I didn't go to Mumbai..." that's when a 80 years old snake charmer comes over rubs some cow dung all over your face claiming it's spiritual medicine and takes your phone as "payment".

Have a good trip, don't drink the water bro.
That's the funniest thing you've ever said!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
71

 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location


Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

No hookers.
Dont drink the water.
Dont eat the food unless it is from a respectable establishment.
Dont visit crowded tourist hotspots (they seem to have a problem with terrorists who try to blow up foreigners)
Dont use public transport, fun for the first minute but it wears off (Dont drive/ hire a car with the driver)

Take a raincoat. You will be damp and uncomfortable all the time.

Should be fun, i liked it.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
16

 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

My family and I went there several years back. We stayed for four days and decided to cut our trip short; VERY short. While we were walking around a market place, a man on a bicycle cycled to my mom and tried to snatch her necklace. My father caught him in mid snatch. My father is a ninth degree black belt in Judo and a black belt in six other martial arts. That was the first time I have ever seen a grown man cry.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
akack79
riDIRKulous
70

 
akack79's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: T E X A S


Posts: 3,051
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2014 F32 435i  [0.00]
Watch Slumdog Millionaire if you haven't already.
__________________
2014 F32 435i EBII / Coral Red
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
46

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

Screw pepto... be smart get immodium AD.. that way you can eat whatever you want and keep taking it until you find a decent place to shit.... and believe me they will be few and far between. But most of all have fun!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
Peanuto
Private First Class
9

 
Peanuto's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Screw pepto... be smart get immodium AD.. that way you can eat whatever you want and keep taking it until you find a decent place to shit.... and believe me they will be few and far between. But most of all have fun!
This is how I have survived Mexico and Costa Rica
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
46

 
Drives: X6 50i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,437
iTrader: (0)

I did a month in South East Asia. Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand.. and then a few weeks in China. I brought a couple bottles of the stuff. The other people I was with begged me for it. I laughed while they were forced to wipe their ass with their socks... Nothing is more shocking than being in a "bathroom" in thailand and seeing a bucket a hole and a hose. I remember saying to myself, I can wait a little bit longer and popped another immodium AD. I love asian curry but... I mean damn it can get painful unless you take proper precautions. Your ass can get downright RAW if you don't know what you are getting yourself into. Match the food up with a steady stream of alcohol and you will find yourself in a world of pain.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #19
Peanuto
Private First Class
9

 
Peanuto's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Don't drink too much on the immodium diet though. You're body wont handle the "toxins" in the alcohol well and won't let it out of your system properly. It gives new meaning to hangovers.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
22

 
JoosyJoos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Johns Creek, GA


Posts: 1,292
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to JoosyJoos
This sounds like a blast so far lol... what a way to launch a career.
__________________

1998 M3 Vert
1995 M3 Track Car
2008 335i - Retired
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #21
dth656
First Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: cali


Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

if you work for an infosy, wipro, TCS or similar large company, i wouldn't worry too much. they will prolly keep everyone on-site on one of their campuses, where you'll basically be in a bubble (nice hotel, western food available, relatively clean, a/c, etc), and any visits off campus will be company managed 'field trips'.
__________________
go bears
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
38

 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
if you work for an infosy, wipro, TCS or similar large company, i wouldn't worry too much. they will prolly keep everyone on-site on one of their campuses, where you'll basically be in a bubble (nice hotel, western food available, relatively clean, a/c, etc), and any visits off campus will be company managed 'field trips'.
lol that sounds like heaven compared to what everyone else is describing. Hope for OP's sake he gets the bubble.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST