BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
Valentino_RS
Captain
 
Valentino_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 776
iTrader: (17)

Yokohama ADVAN Sport vs Nitto INVO

Hi guy, question for those who had experienced Yokohama ADVAN Sport & Nitto INVO. Which tire is better?

Thank you!
Valentino_RS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
Advan Sport Hands down.
We sell a lot of Nitto Invo but i think that this really has more to do with the price.
The Advan Sport compound in my opinion is very comparable to the PS2.
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Valentino_RS
Captain
 
Valentino_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 776
iTrader: (17)

Thanks. Anyone else?
Valentino_RS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
noxredna
Captain
 
noxredna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe, 2012 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philadelphia & Singapore

Posts: 669
iTrader: (0)

Advan sports is a solid tire for what it is, relatively quiet, fantastic compound, decent wear and unbelievable for high speed cruising.

Nittos are good tires, but not at this segment..
noxredna is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ilia@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,172
iTrader: (3)

I agree with Julius. The Advan Sport is a much better tire than the invo.
__________________
Ilia@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
INVO's suck from all aspects except noise IMO. Even in wear, for some reason my AD08's are wearing better than the INVO's I had. I'd go Advan Sport all the way between those two.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
rzm3
Moderator
 
rzm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,601
iTrader: (14)

I had Advan Sport on my car before. They performed well on the track (benefited from a stiffer side wall vs. PS2) and no complaints on the road at all.
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
rzm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
Trier Germany
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (1)

Yokohama all the way!
Trier Germany is offline   Luxembourg
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Valentino_RS
Captain
 
Valentino_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 776
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
INVO's suck from all aspects except noise IMO. Even in wear, for some reason my AD08's are wearing better than the INVO's I had. I'd go Advan Sport all the way between those two.
How many miles are on your AD08 now?
How would you compare AD08 with PS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I had Advan Sport on my car before. They performed well on the track (benefited from a stiffer side wall vs. PS2) and no complaints on the road at all.
What brand model are you using now?
How to you compare Advan Sport with PS2?



Thanks for all the helpful information guys.

Last edited by Valentino_RS; 07-30-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Valentino_RS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
808MGuy
Colonel
 
808MGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 2,279
iTrader: (3)

Definitely Advan Sport. I tried to stay away from Invos because to me they really seem like a compromise tire. They are relatively cheap and most of the people running them on 20s are only doing so because the rounded off shoulder allows them to run wider sizes. If I didn't get the Vredesteins, I would have gone with Advan Sports or Conti DWs.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

808MGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
Valentino_RS
Captain
 
Valentino_RS's Avatar
 
Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 776
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Definitely Advan Sport. I tried to stay away from Invos because to me they really seem like a compromise tire. They are relatively cheap and most of the people running them on 20s are only doing so because the rounded off shoulder allows them to run wider sizes. If I didn't get the Vredesteins, I would have gone with Advan Sports or Conti DWs.
Vredesteins
Attached Images
 
Valentino_RS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 04:10 PM   #12
FruitCake
Banned
 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,680
iTrader: (19)

Not even close, Advan > Invo by MILES

you get what you pay for with tires, there are no exception, not even with Vreds
FruitCake is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
808MGuy
Colonel
 
808MGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 2,279
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino_RS View Post
Vredesteins
If you're looking to go that route, the lowest price I found was about $1200 shipped for performanceplustire.com. Ordered this past Monday and it arrived yesterday.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

808MGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
808MGuy
Colonel
 
808MGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 2,279
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
Not even close, Advan > Invo by MILES

you get what you pay for with tires, there are no exception, not even with Vreds
What has your experience with the Vreds been? Just curious since there are tons of reviews not only on this forum but others of people who have gone with Vreds and been ecstatic about their performance.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

808MGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
Not even close, Advan > Invo by MILES

you get what you pay for with tires, there are no exception, not even with Vreds
Disagree in the case of the Vreds - at least equal to PS2s at far less cost, from my experience.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #16
FruitCake
Banned
 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,680
iTrader: (19)

I've tried them before, a long time ago on my E46, they were okay on the street as its hard to tell, but on the track they are not as good as the PS2s. For a street compound, I still find PS2s the best on the track. Again, on the street its pretty close but Vreds chunk and shread on the track while PS2s blister.
FruitCake is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #17
RingriderM3
Banned
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Coquitlam, BC

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Advan Sport......I had a set on my 335I last year....LOVED THEM!!!
now that I have an M3....it was one of the first changes i did to my car...added the BBS CHR's and the yoko's!....sticky tire....great wear.....and great in the wet as well!
RingriderM3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #18
Finnegan
Major General
 
Finnegan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

Posts: 6,400
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
I've tried them before, a long time ago on my E46, they were okay on the street as its hard to tell, but on the track they are not as good as the PS2s. For a street compound, I still find PS2s the best on the track. Again, on the street its pretty close but Vreds chunk and shread on the track while PS2s blister.
Any chance the Vred's compound has changed since you ran them (if it was a long time ago)? (I have no idea btw.)

Guess it depends on intended use as well as for the street the Vreds vs. PS2s sound fairly equivalent; track, not so much.
Finnegan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
FruitCake
Banned
 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,680
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Any chance the Vred's compound has changed since you ran them (if it was a long time ago)? (I have no idea btw.)

Guess it depends on intended use as well as for the street the Vreds vs. PS2s sound fairly equivalent; track, not so much.
No they have not. Im not saying they're bad tires by any margin, they are great and espcially for the price its unbeatable. I just want the absolute best, and you still can't beat PS2. Its OE equipment on the Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari 599 GTO, all new street Porsche's for a reason. For a street tire, I believe the PS2 seriously cannot be beat. The track, thats a different story. I run Yokohama AD08 on the track, but Michelin also makes the CUP (not CUP+), and they're even better but Im not up to that level yet.
FruitCake is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
bikesbikes
Private
 
Drives: 2011 E92 AW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

The Advan Sports are definately better then the Invo's. Although I do prefer the PS2 over the Advan Sports. Maybe it was my setup but I fount the PS2 had a better ride quality to them. Perhps the Advans have a stiffer side wall. Both have an excellent compound.

Not to jack the thread or anything but has anyone tried the PS3 yet?
bikesbikes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
Kreissieg
New Member
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Yokohama Japan

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Kreissieg
Advan Sports(V103) is my favorite tire for street application.
I personally prefer this tire over PS2, and many others.
PS2 are good too but its sidewall feels much softer.

It has great road feel and ride at same time it offers excellent dry/wet grip.
Kreissieg is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #22
Finnegan
Major General
 
Finnegan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

Posts: 6,400
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
No they have not. Im not saying they're bad tires by any margin, they are great and espcially for the price its unbeatable. I just want the absolute best, and you still can't beat PS2. Its OE equipment on the Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari 599 GTO, all new street Porsche's for a reason. For a street tire, I believe the PS2 seriously cannot be beat. The track, thats a different story. I run Yokohama AD08 on the track, but Michelin also makes the CUP (not CUP+), and they're even better but Im not up to that level yet.
Good to know! Thanks!
Finnegan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST