BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

Race Precision Motorsport

07-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Steveo
Lieutenant

Drives: M4

ECU Remap, where?

Hoping to get a remap done this Friday and have heard good things about the Evolve remap, where can I get the best deal ( sure there was a 499 offer for the vmax version not long ago) and are there any alternatives?
Steveo is offline   Scotland
      07-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
tomvcarter
First Lieutenant

Drives: bmw E92 M3

Send a message via MSN to tomvcarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Hoping to get a remap done this Friday and have heard good things about the Evolve remap, where can I get the best deal ( sure there was a 499 offer for the vmax version not long ago) and are there any alternatives?
You can get the ESS tune done, i forget where, but check the ESS website for UK suppliers.
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
tomvcarter is offline   United Kingdom
      07-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Hayzi
Private First Class

Drives: 09 E92, BMW S1000 RR Bike

Having mine done with DMS, came yesterday to do it but once the pulled the map from mine they told me that BMW have changed the map as I had the car updated by BMW about 2 months ago as they replaced the HDD.

DMS have gone away to work on the map as soon as Rob @ DMS gets back from Singapore but I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

Just want some more torque and better power delivery.

They did me a good deal as they did my new 2010 RR Sport TDV8 yesterday as well.

Tops guys and they give great service
Hayzi is offline   United Kingdom
      07-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Ant Man
Major

Drives: E92 M3 Jerez black / Fox red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzi View Post
Having mine done with DMS, came yesterday to do it but once the pulled the map from mine they told me that BMW have changed the map as I had the car updated by BMW about 2 months ago as they replaced the HDD.

DMS have gone away to work on the map as soon as Rob @ DMS gets back from Singapore but I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

Just want some more torque and better power delivery.

They did me a good deal as they did my new 2010 RR Sport TDV8 yesterday as well.

Tops guys and they give great service
Will you be getting it dyno'd before and after map to confirm and power or torque gains?

I'll be considering a remap next year but gains are very small and my priority is more torque across the whole rev range so probably I'll need the Evolve or Akro exhaust for that.
Ant Man is offline   England
      07-30-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
Hayzi
Private First Class

Drives: 09 E92, BMW S1000 RR Bike

I'm not going to get it put on the dyno as to be honest I don't have the time. DMS did invite me down there to dyno the car and see before and after.

Thought about an exhaust and i don't want to go down the route of keep chasing horses are torque as i have done it before. I get bored quick so if i put an exhaust on for some more gains the following month i will be on to pullys and then before i know it a G-Power will be fitted and I will quite a few grand lighter.

Reason why I chose DMS is due to the work they have done for me in the past on various cars, always been happy, always done me a deal and the service is 5 star
Hayzi is offline   United Kingdom