BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

GT Haus

07-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
1stM3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: e93 M3 Convertible

Air circulation on/off memory problem!

Everytime I start the car, the air circulation setting is automatically "OFF" and I have to press it to "ON" or "AUTOMATIC". Then the next time I start the car, it will be "OFF" again.

Is there anyway I can have it permanently "ON"? Because I will never have it on "OFF" due to the poor quality of air outside.

Thanx a bunch!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stM3 View Post
Everytime I start the car, the air circulation setting is automatically "OFF" and I have to press it to "ON" or "AUTOMATIC". Then the next time I start the car, it will be "OFF" again.

Is there anyway I can have it permanently "ON"? Because I will never have it on "OFF" due to the poor quality of air outside.

Thanx a bunch!
I'm pretty sure mine defaults to AUTOMATIC as that's where I leave it and never touch it. Then again I have a coupe and you have a vert. It might be that verts always default to OFF.
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
ilidon
Corporal
Philippines
Rep

Drives: E92 ///M

Garage List
2009 335i  [3.50]
Quote:

Thanx a bunch!
same thing for me... and still wondering how to save the setting.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

Mine stays where I leave it, until I change it again. Had it in 'auto', but my A/C started smelling bad, even when I shut compressor off before getting to my destination, so turned it off. Seems like the auto feature is quite sensitive, basically like if we had it in 'recirc' all the time. My Lexus cars had the 'auto' recirc feature programmable with 3 different sensitivity settings, but don't think BMW's is programmable.

If it reverts back to on every ignition cycle, just like DSC, there's probably nothing wrong with your car. Might be a 'new' feature, since my '08 stays where I put it. What I hate is it turns to 'recirc' when ignition is off. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
M3TiAg
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 M3 E92 TiAg, '07 K1200S

Quote:

Thanx a bunch!
The Owner's Manual says that Climate Control settings (among many others) are stored in the Personal Profile for each remote control. It sounds like your remote control is set to "OFF".
Appreciate 0