BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
DrockNJ
New Member
 
DrockNJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

iPhone coming to verizon !!!!

BAM...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...clusivity.html
DrockNJ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Nedim
Captain
 
Nedim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA

Posts: 711
iTrader: (4)

Cool
Nedim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,130
iTrader: (6)

If the phone didn't hate lefties, I would be excited.
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Kensta335
Brigadier General
 
Kensta335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (4)

Wow, glad I didn't updgrade to the iphone 4g yet.
Kensta335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
iBoost
Brigadier General
 
iBoost's Avatar
 
Drives: slow as f*ck
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: City of Sin

Posts: 3,003
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Wow, glad I didn't updgrade to the iphone 4g yet.
+1!!! I was thinking about getting it soon... I prefer Verizon around here but idk about waiting till January...
iBoost is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
so what will happen t all the phones on att?
lopealle is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Kensta335
Brigadier General
 
Kensta335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
+1!!! I was thinking about getting it soon... I prefer Verizon around here but idk about waiting till January...
Yeah, that will be a while. I'm just gonna buy the iphone 4g itself without renewing the contract and sell it when I hop over to Verizon.
Kensta335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Maestro
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 848
iTrader: (0)

Not...

Apple and VZ will never do business together, VZ hates what Apple has done to their business, it use to be about the network and now apple as made it about the phone and all the great extras you get with an iphone, Plus why would Apple invest all the money into a phone they can only sell to VZ when a GSM phone they can sell world wide. Apple makes one phone and sells it everywhere in the world. Plus VZ customer have an expectation of getting phones free, hell they are giving droids away now.
Maestro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
silvergray545
Skittles
 
silvergray545's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 443
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Not...

Apple and VZ will never do business together, VZ hates what Apple has done to their business, it use to be about the network and now apple as made it about the phone and all the great extras you get with an iphone, Plus why would Apple invest all the money into a phone they can only sell to VZ when a GSM phone they can sell world wide. Apple makes one phone and sells it everywhere in the world. Plus VZ customer have an expectation of getting phones free, hell they are giving droids away now.
How are you so confident about this information you just posted? Are you a Verizon or Apple employee?

Towards the end of this year and beginning of next year, Verizon is switching from CDMA to LTE. There is a good chance the iPhone will make it to Verizon. LTE requires sim.

They're giving away droids because there is a new one coming out next month and another one coming out in August.

Not sure where you're getting your facts from but I would advise you to check their credibility.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Seminole
Colonel
 
Seminole's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

Posts: 2,011
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
It's just a rumor and speculation, like the hundreds of iPhone on Verizon rumors we've heard before.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/v...ims-bloomberg/

Quote:
Stop us if you've heard this one before: Bloomberg says Verizon will get the iPhone... sometime in January. Yep, it's another fuzzy rumor sourced from "two people familiar with the plans," and while we really do believe Big Red will eventually get the iPhone in our lifetimes, at this point we're beyond cynical about pieces like this -- chatter about a Verizon iPhone now regularly reaches deafening levels before crashing down in yet another cloud of AT&T-exclusive dust. However, if you must insist on living this impossible dream, Bloomy's latest rumor does at least line up with the piece from the Wall Street Journal in March claiming that CDMA iPhone would begin production in September, giving Apple plenty of time to ramp up for a January launch.

Of course, we have to wonder if it's the smartest move to announce the hotly-anticipated Verizon iPhone right after the holiday buying season, and we can't imagine all those iPhone 4 buyers who were just enticed into signing new two-year AT&T contracts are going to be happy to discover they could have waited and escaped the Blue, but we'll have to wait and see -- Apple just told us that they "don't comment on rumors and speculation" when we pinged them and asked for comment. Fingers crossed, we suppose.
__________________
Seminole is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
silvergray545
Skittles
 
silvergray545's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 443
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
It's just a rumor and speculation, like the hundreds of iPhone on Verizon rumors we've heard before.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/v...ims-bloomberg/
Yep. We won't know for sure until it's close to launch date, if it even does make it to Verizon. We all know Apple likes to keep things hush hush until right before the item is to be released.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
darkcloud
Colonel
 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Not...

Apple and VZ will never do business together, VZ hates what Apple has done to their business, it use to be about the network and now apple as made it about the phone and all the great extras you get with an iphone, Plus why would Apple invest all the money into a phone they can only sell to VZ when a GSM phone they can sell world wide. Apple makes one phone and sells it everywhere in the world. Plus VZ customer have an expectation of getting phones free, hell they are giving droids away now.

All VZ cares about is customers anymore. If they were forced to sell one phone that WILL sell MILLIONS that didn't include any VZ garbage the iPhone will be that phone. The amount of new contracts they'll add from people bailing ATT will more then make them forget.

VZ customers are only used to free phones that are either junk or been out for a decent amount of time. Typically in a buy one get one sale. The iPhone's only sale will the reduced price for a new contract or any sale dictated by Apple. VZ customers that want the iphone won't care.

If this happens there is no way it's taking place in January 2011. They'll release (if this even happens) toward fall 2011 with the annoucement prolly in next years keynote speach.

1. Apple wouldn't want to miss the holiday buying crowd
2. With the 4G just coming out the griping will be kept at a minimun since the phone will have been out a year already.
3. ATT will be hemorrhaging customers like no tomorrow.
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
Bimmer-Pilot
NY Yankees #1
 
Bimmer-Pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AW E92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach Gardens,FL

Posts: 1,175
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 Ferrari F-430  [0.00]
06 X-3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
All VZ cares about is customers anymore. If they were forced to sell one phone that WILL sell MILLIONS that didn't include any VZ garbage the iPhone will be that phone. The amount of new contracts they'll add from people bailing ATT will more then make them forget.

VZ customers are only used to free phones that are either junk or been out for a decent amount of time. Typically in a buy one get one sale. The iPhone's only sale will the reduced price for a new contract or any sale dictated by Apple. VZ customers that want the iphone won't care.

If this happens there is no way it's taking place in January 2011. They'll release (if this even happens) toward fall 2011 with the annoucement prolly in next years keynote speach.

1. Apple wouldn't want to miss the holiday buying crowd
2. With the 4G just coming out the griping will be kept at a minimun since the phone will have been out a year already.
3. ATT will be hemorrhaging customers like no tomorrow.
Where do you guys get your info from....LOL
__________________
Bimmer-Pilot is offline   Cuba
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #14
e92ttaz2
Private
 
Drives: 335i Jet Black
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.S.A.

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
How are you so confident about this information you just posted? Are you a Verizon or Apple employee?

Towards the end of this year and beginning of next year, Verizon is switching from CDMA to LTE. There is a good chance the iPhone will make it to Verizon. LTE requires sim.

They're giving away droids because there is a new one coming out next month and another one coming out in August.

Not sure where you're getting your facts from but I would advise you to check their credibility.
He's probably PMSing. He knows nothing and is probably not even in communications industry
e92ttaz2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #15
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,130
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Pilot View Post
Where do you guys get your info from....LOL
Still not confirmed though...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...clusivity.html
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #16
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post


2 random schmucks 'leaked' something.... is everyone that's getting happy completely new to the 'leaked' world? 99% of the time it doesn't mean shit.... you REALLY think apple would let something like this leak through after the iphone 4 disaster? yea fucking right... this would be so locked down, no one shy of the top execs would know about it this early on
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
Maestro
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 848
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
How are you so confident about this information you just posted? Are you a Verizon or Apple employee?

Towards the end of this year and beginning of next year, Verizon is switching from CDMA to LTE. There is a good chance the iPhone will make it to Verizon. LTE requires sim.

They're giving away droids because there is a new one coming out next month and another one coming out in August.

Not sure where you're getting your facts from but I would advise you to check their credibility.

Lets put this way I work in the industry, less relevant but I does provide insight, I worked for Apple at one time for 7 years so I am very familiar with their business practice and how Steve does things.

You are correct the new droid is coming out, but VZ been giving them away for month, it part of their marketing strategy, they give away product to lock in customer to them and devalue the phone and put more value on the network and extra services they want to market to people like pay for down load, pay for ring tones, and the list goes on.

Yes VZ is moving to LTE, but it will not be widely deployed until 2013, and maybe then Apple will have a product for LTE, but they are not going to make two product, unless they both sell in high volumes.

This rumors are attempts by VZ to delay people exit from them or market makers trying to drive up or down VZ stock or possible Apple's stock. This is no different than the rumors a few months ago that VZ was getting and Iphone or Ipad, well the iphone was in fact the Droid X, and the ipad will be another competitors products.

Lastly the two companies have two completely different business model and go to market strategies, we know Jobs will not change so will VZ change, probably not, since they have not figured out what the iphone is doing so well, they still think it about the network.

Last edited by Maestro; 06-30-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Maestro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
silvergray545
Skittles
 
silvergray545's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 443
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Lets put this way I work in the industry, less relevant but I does provide insight, I worked for Apple at one time for 7 years so I am very familiar with their business practice and how Steve does things.

You are correct the new droid is coming out, but VZ been giving them away for month, it part of their marketing strategy, they give away product to lock in customer to them and devalue the phone and put more value on the network and extra services they want to market to people like pay for down load, pay for ring tones, and the list goes on.

Yes VZ is moving to LTE, but it will not be widely deployed until 2013, and maybe then Apple will have a product for LTE, but they are not going to make two product, unless they both sell in high volumes.

This rumors are attempts by VZ to delay people exit from them or market makers trying to drive up or down VZ stock or possible Apple's stock. This is no different than the rumors a few months ago that VZ was getting and Iphone or Ipad, well the iphone was in fact the Droid X, and the ipad will be another competitors products.

Lastly the two companies have two completely different business model and go to market strategies, we know Jobs will not change so will VZ change, probably not, since they have not figured out what the iphone is doing so well, they still think it about the network.
I'm not exactly sure what point you are trying to make about Verizon giving away Droids. Almost all of their phones are buy one, get one free. That includes Blackberries, Palms, etc. All Android based phones except the Incredible are buy one, get one free. It's a simple incentive to get new customers to sign up and previous customers to renew their contract. It's pretty straight forward. I don't see what the problem is?

Yes, LTE will not be fully implemented until 2013. It's a 3 year step by step process. The first people that are going to get to enjoy the new network are BlackBerry users. The new BlackBerries all have SIM cards in them, so they are ready to go.

They only way to really know if Verizon is ever going to get the iPhone is to just wait and see. We all know how Apple and Verizon are. There's no way to really tell if it is or isn't going to happen.

I would like to apologize for doubting you in my previous post. You do have some knowledge in this area.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #19
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Lets put this way I work in the industry, less relevant but I does provide insight, I worked for Apple at one time for 7 years so I am very familiar with their business practice and how Steve does things.

You are correct the new droid is coming out, but VZ been giving them away for month, it part of their marketing strategy, they give away product to lock in customer to them and devalue the phone and put more value on the network and extra services they want to market to people like pay for down load, pay for ring tones, and the list goes on.

Yes VZ is moving to LTE, but it will not be widely deployed until 2013, and maybe then Apple will have a product for LTE, but they are not going to make two product, unless they both sell in high volumes.

This rumors are attempts by VZ to delay people exit from them or market makers trying to drive up or down VZ stock or possible Apple's stock. This is no different than the rumors a few months ago that VZ was getting and Iphone or Ipad, well the iphone was in fact the Droid X, and the ipad will be another competitors products.

Lastly the two companies have two completely different business model and go to market strategies, we know Jobs will not change so will VZ change, probably not, since they have not figured out what the iphone is doing so well, they still think it about the network.
i didnt agree w/ your first post but this one makes a lot more sense

there have been rumors of a CDMA iPhone but this was mainly targeted for china but people like to assume this mean its coming to verizon

the only way i ever see this working for apple is if they come out w/ ONE iPhone that accepts GSM/LTE/CDMA, until all the networks have made the switch to LTE

and im not sure if thats the route they will choose to do
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,675
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
If the phone didn't hate lefties, I would be excited.
What, it's a conservative phone or something?
__________________
Mark - Randomography

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #21
twoturboz
Captain
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CA

Posts: 738
iTrader: (0)

im just gunna get the droid X in a month. i was thinking about switching to get the iphone but

I was at EDC with over 100k people. all my friends phones didn't work since att towers were loaded. we needed to contact our limo driver to avoid being stranded. the rule of thumb is 1-10 calls go through and they usually cut out within a few seconds. well, low and behold, my shitty alias makes 3 calls in a row first try.

thanks verizon. ill be sticking with you.
__________________
twoturboz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
interesting info thx.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST