BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,260
iTrader: (0)

White noise loop site suggestions

I have serious problems when it comes to sleep. My friend helped me out by showing me this site called RainyMood.com. It's a 30 min loop of a storm that helps me pass out right away. I'm getting too used to the same audio clip though, so I was wondering if there's another quality site. Idk.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Dan in PA
Captain
 
Dan in PA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I was just going to come in here and suggest rainymood.


Bump for answers
__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Dan in PA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
Schm
Colonel
 
Schm's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arizona

Posts: 2,650
iTrader: (3)

Take sudafed pm if it's really bad, but not too often. Drink wine, smoke weed, all of these bad habits make you tired.
__________________
2006 E90 330i.
Schm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
Take sudafed pm if it's really bad, but not too often. Drink wine, smoke weed, all of these bad habits make you tired.
i WOULD NOT suggest smoking weed for sleep, bc you cant sleep without it and become dependent...

i take Tylenol PM, or Melatonin
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
I use an Iphone app called sleep machine. The free version offers like 8 or 10 sounds, and gives a timer too. I've been using waves or heavy rain on a 2 hour timer
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
lambtron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

you should invest in some guided sleep meditation cd's, they work like a charm.
__________________
lambtron is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
BillLee
Major General
 
BillLee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

Posts: 5,226
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
have you tried listening to music?



http://www.shutupwomangetonmyhorse.com/
BillLee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
Gotadime
Private First Class
 
Gotadime's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kentucky

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Seriously, don't take any drugs (tylenol, weed, alcohol, etc.) to sleep. That's just developing bad habits. I've got this app on my iPhone and it works wonders, not only for sleep but also for other things like euphoria, which is odd, but I swear it works. Here's a link...

http://itunes.apple.com/app/brain-wa...307219387?mt=8

Listening to music can also do the job.

Also, just follow normal sleep tips. Make sure your room is completely dark (I'm even talking about the little lights from your alarm clock...get rid of it if you can). If you can't make your room dark, try an eye mask. Make sure that your room is the right temperature and if you feel the need, maybe burn a candle or something with a pleasant scent before sleep. Taking a hot bath before hand can also work wonders. There's so many tips like this out there, you just have to search for them. There's never an easy way out, like tylenol, lol.
__________________

I specialize in Automotive Photography. Visit my site here.
Gotadime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
Take sudafed pm if it's really bad, but not too often. Drink wine, smoke weed, all of these bad habits make you tired.
Nah, they just exhaust you. I need to be sleepy instead. Bud makes my mind race, alcohol makes my head feel warm and buzzed to the point that it's hard to sleep, and you don't get a proper night's rest taking sleep aids like tylenol pm. I've tried all of these and they just make it worse. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
you should invest in some guided sleep meditation cd's, they work like a charm.
Highly considering it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
have you tried listening to music?



http://www.shutupwomangetonmyhorse.com/
I wanna kill the guy that made that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadime View Post
Seriously, don't take any drugs (tylenol, weed, alcohol, etc.) to sleep. That's just developing bad habits. I've got this app on my iPhone and it works wonders, not only for sleep but also for other things like euphoria, which is odd, but I swear it works. Here's a link...

http://itunes.apple.com/app/brain-wa...307219387?mt=8

Listening to music can also do the job.

Also, just follow normal sleep tips. Make sure your room is completely dark (I'm even talking about the little lights from your alarm clock...get rid of it if you can). If you can't make your room dark, try an eye mask. Make sure that your room is the right temperature and if you feel the need, maybe burn a candle or something with a pleasant scent before sleep. Taking a hot bath before hand can also work wonders. There's so many tips like this out there, you just have to search for them. There's never an easy way out, like tylenol, lol.
I'll give the candles a try. Haha I actually go through a lot of what you said. Temp at 74, any and all lights covered up and a hot shower before bed. Ugh.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
immiketoo
Colonel
 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

I have similar problems sometimes, and since I can't do many of the methods suggested above, I tried a form of meditation where I concentrate on nothing. It's extremely difficult at first, but calm your mind by thinking of a black image. Nothing else. When other things try and slip in, force them out and by the time you realize it, you are asleep. Been doing this for years.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
immiketoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST