BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
ChaneRZ's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
2,509
Posts

 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Iphone 4 drop test

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/i...results-video/
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #2
fdsasdasdf
Captain
fdsasdasdf's Avatar
30
Rep
779
Posts

 
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Just like any expensive phone - gotta get a case for it. This isn't a surprise at all. Apple isn't known to have durable hand-held products. Their laptops, on the other hand, are pretty darn solid.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
scollins's Avatar
No_Country
35
Rep
2,345
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (3)

I'm waiting for that guy to ask the question that is on everybody's mind......




Will it blend?

__________________
Scott
2010 E70 X5 35d
Alpine White on Black with Dark Bamboo trim
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
ejazbmw
blahhh
ejazbmw's Avatar
94
Rep
6,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (7)

damn i can't tell you how many times i dropped my droid on my drive way and its still running like a champ
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
Bobby_Light
Major
Bobby_Light's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Fragile!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
AW335TT
Lieutenant
Armenia
16
Rep
491
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
damn i can't tell you how many times i dropped my droid on my drive way and its still running like a champ
I think it just matters how it hits the floor, I dropped my 3gs sooo many times nothing happen, my friend dropped his twice and it was shatterd worse than that iPhone 4.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
ejazbmw
blahhh
ejazbmw's Avatar
94
Rep
6,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I think it just matters how it hits the floor, I dropped my 3gs sooo many times nothing happen, my friend dropped his twice and it was shatterd worse than that iPhone 4.
mine has hit screen first and didn't crack....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
AW335TT
Lieutenant
Armenia
16
Rep
491
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

^ lol you should be careful, you never know which fall is going to be the last. I left my frist iPhone on the roof of my car and drove off. I took a turn and it went flying, i pulled over found the phone saw it wasn't broken, as i was walking up to it a car ran over it and competely destroyed it. Screen still turned on, touch screen didnt work.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
227
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

great another iphone thread
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
BTM
Banned
United_States
172
Rep
10,314
Posts

 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
great another iphone thread
No one's forcing you to post in them

I guess all the strength improvements they've been striving for haven't been completely realized, obviously nothing will be break-proof but only 4 drops? I've dropped my 3GS more than that, but do have a pretty heavy duty screen protector
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Couch
Colonel
Couch's Avatar
41
Rep
2,903
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
My roommate just got his yesterday. He's been going on about how the glass was used for helicopters. I just said, yep, uh huh, okay. lol

I had to send this to him.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Feyd
Major
Feyd's Avatar
59
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
My roommate just got his yesterday. He's been going on about how the glass was used for helicopters. I just said, yep, uh huh, okay. lol

I had to send this to him.
Does Apple make helicoptors? I thought the glass compound was propriatary to them. Hmm.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
ejazbmw
blahhh
ejazbmw's Avatar
94
Rep
6,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
^ lol you should be careful, you never know which fall is going to be the last. I left my frist iPhone on the roof of my car and drove off. I took a turn and it went flying, i pulled over found the phone saw it wasn't broken, as i was walking up to it a car ran over it and competely destroyed it. Screen still turned on, touch screen didnt work.
yeah i should be more careful lol but i tend not to care about my phones since i always get full insurance so if it breaks i just a new one....and it always helps having your buddy be the manager at a verizon store
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
bluespeed117's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,529
Posts

 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: so-cal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
ive dropped my first gen itouch so many times. Still works, no cracks. This iphone is just weak.
__________________
Muffler Delete/ Tien S-tech Springs / De-badged /BBS LM Reps 19"/ Nexen tires/DTM M5 Front bumper/ Injen Intake/Blacklines/M-tech Rear/Custom Muffler Tips.... More mods to come
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
36
Rep
1,940
Posts

 
Drives: I Can not say
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: you must not know

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
and it always helps having your buddy be the manager at a verizon store
not if you have an iPhone
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #16
aut0sh0cker
meh
aut0sh0cker's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,758
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 91362

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
My roommate just got his yesterday. He's been going on about how the glass was used for helicopters. I just said, yep, uh huh, okay. lol

I had to send this to him.
It is. The glass screen on the phone is still pretty thin and flimsy so of course it will still break.

I used to make speakers out of lexan, which was used in astronauts' helmets and the windscreen for the space shuttle, it makes no difference. You had bet your ass if you dropped one, that shit gonna crack. It's physics.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #17
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
34
Rep
336
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Well, apple now includes a rubber case apparently with the new I4. Anyone seen the reception issues it has?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
Couch
Colonel
Couch's Avatar
41
Rep
2,903
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
It is. The glass screen on the phone is still pretty thin and flimsy so of course it will still break.

I used to make speakers out of lexan, which was used in astronauts' helmets and the windscreen for the space shuttle, it makes no difference. You had bet your ass if you dropped one, that shit gonna crack. It's physics.
I'm aware.

I just acknowledged b/c he was acting like it would be indestructible.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
jlstyle
Major
jlstyle's Avatar
23
Rep
1,380
Posts

 
Drives: 1995 Taurus Wagon
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: nj

iTrader: (0)

I've droppped first gen iphone too many times at various heights over course of almost 3 years now i believe? and it's still running like a day one.
Strongest phone ever.
All the phones I had started not working after year and a half or two, but this one never has a problem.
__________________
1995 Taurus Wagon
Emerald Green Exterior/Green Interior/4 Speed AT/ABS Brakes/Cassette Player/Dual Airbags/Alloy Wheels/Auto locks/Auto Windows/Sunroof Delete/Chrome model designation
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #20
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
Luvmybmw's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
747
Posts

 
Drives: '08 AW e82
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
Well, apple now includes a rubber case apparently with the new I4. Anyone seen the reception issues it has?
They do
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #21
BillLee
Major General
BillLee's Avatar
United_States
147
Rep
5,243
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
I'm waiting for that guy to ask the question that is on everybody's mind......




Will it blend?


[u2b]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLreo24WYeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLreo24WYeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #22
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
scollins's Avatar
No_Country
35
Rep
2,345
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
[u2b]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLreo24WYeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLreo24WYeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Bwahahahahaha!!!! At 1:50 when he says "don't taze me bro!" I was cracking up.

And the ending with the "iBlend" was hilarious!
__________________
Scott
2010 E70 X5 35d
Alpine White on Black with Dark Bamboo trim
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST