BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

E92 Lighting

06-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

New Accessories Available to Order?

One of my coworkers brought this up to me. On the BMW USA site when you are building the M3 new options are now available (new to me as I ordered in May). Has anyone else seen this? Carbon fiber mirror caps and the front splitter are available to order and the performance steering wheel with shift lights. I would have ordered the mirror caps and steering wheel had it been an option so it could paid monthly with my lease instead of buying after deliver but oh well. Here are the accessories below:

Exterior and Wheels
BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps $339
BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps $339

An easy way to customize your BMW and accentuate its sporty characteristics. These high quality mirror covers are handmade using a carbon fiber weaving process. Clear coated to protect them form discoloration caused by UV rays.
Each price is the suggested retail price and is subject to change. Price excludes installation and taxes.
Carbon Fiber Front Splitter $815
Carbon Fiber Front Splitter $815

Enhance the road-hugging look of your BMW with this carbon fiber reinforced upgrade.
Each price is the suggested retail price and is subject to change. Price excludes installation and taxes.
Technology
Blackberry Bold Snap In Adapter $121
Blackberry Bold Snap In Adapter $121

The system provides a safe and secure place to dock your Blackberry curve while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running. The adapter also provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. For vehicles equipped with the BMW Assist and Bluetooth system SA 639. Must be used in conjunction with the vehicle base plate or Eject Box which is installed in the center console.
Performance
BMW Performance Steering Wheel with Shift Lights and Performance Display. $1,104
BMW Performance Steering Wheel with Shift Lights and Performance Display. $1,104

Both the design and function of the BMW Performance Steering Wheel capture the feel and spirit of the racetrack. By giving you access to a wide range of functions without having to take your hands from the wheel, this unique accessory lets you set the pace of every drive. Built-in race computer displays lap times, 1/4 mile times, stopwatch, oil temp, water temp as well as lateral and longitudinla g-force. LED gear-shift indicator flashes according to adjustable engive RPM settings. Buttons built into the grip area allow for direct control of all steering wheel functions. Grip area is wrapped with Alcantara and is combined with the finest leather on the top and bottom of the steering wheel. Not for vehicles with Double-Clutch Transmissions. Note: Heated steering function will no longer be active after installation. Air bag unit and multifunction buttons can be carreid over from the sport or M sport steering wheels (cannot be carried over from the basic standard steering wheel).
Interior
Illuminated Door Sills $699
Illuminated Door Sills $699

Illuminated Door Sills light your way, every time you step in or out of the car.
Carpeted Floor Mats with BMW Lettering Heel Pad $139
Carpeted Floor Mats with BMW Lettering Heel Pad $139

Precision-cut mats with special VelcroŽ retention system are made to match the carpet color of your 3 Series. Resists water and staining while adding cushioned comfort. Detailed with BMW lettering. Available in Anthracite, Gray and Beige. Sets of 4.
Transporters
BMW Roof Box 350 $572
BMW Roof Box 350 $572

An innovative opening system allows this smaller roof box to open on both sides. Dimensions (L x W x H) 55"x35"x15". Unladen weight approximately 37 lbs. Capacity approximately 12 cu. ft. BMW Base Support System required. Vehicle must be equipped with roof rails.
Racing Cycle Holder, Lockable $145
Racing Cycle Holder, Lockable $145

Suitable for racing cycles with quick release skewers on the front wheel. A holder for securing the front wheel to the BMW Base Support Systgem is also available. Lockable. (shown with the BMW Base Support System) BMW Base Support System required. Vehicle must be equipped with roof railings.
Vehicle Programs
BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade $3,295
BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade $3,295

This upgrade option, when purchased, extends your standard BMW Maintenance Program period by an additional 2 years/50,000 miles, providing a total maintenance program period of 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This upgrade option also extends the standard BMW Roadside Assistance Program benefit period by an additional 2 years/unlimited mileage for a total of 6 years/unlimited mileage.

Please see your center for details or visit:www.bmwusa.com/mpupgrade.

The standard BMW Maintenance Program covers all factory-recommended maintenance for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The standard and upgraded Maintenance Program period both begin on the original in-service date, certain limitations and exclusions apply to this program. Price excludes taxes.
BMW Assist Convenience Plan $199
BMW Assist Convenience Plan $199

Trust BMW Assist to help you with your busy life through the optional Convenience Plan, available to all Safety Plan subscribers. When you're on the road, the Convenience Plan offers a helping hand 24/7.

Whenever you need it, receive personalized Directions, Traffic and Weather reports, BMW Search and Concierge services to not only recommend restaurants and hotels, but then send the destination address and phone number right to your BMW. You can make up to four operator-assisted calls per year with Critical Calling if your cell phone is not available or its battery is discharged.

For details visit:www.bmwassist.com/convenienceplan.
*Requires BMW Assist and Bluetooth System and active BMW Assist Safety Plan enrollment.
      06-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drives: very well

Very Nice but nothing I would have ordered.

2008 SmartCar - 2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Poleposition is offline   United_States
      06-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
and the new Performance Steering Wheel's development is at a standstill in Germany, ETA is the end of the year.
      06-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
and the new Performance Steering Wheel's development is at a standstill in Germany, ETA is the end of the year.
I think it is only available with the 6MT as well or am I wrong about that? I would have loved for them to have had the carbon fiber spoiler available to order but not too big of a deal. They will have more misc. stuff coming out for next year most likely.
      06-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
I have the Smartphone Integration option in my E92, didn't know I had to buy a $150 adaptor to make it work. LOL @ BMW.

Also, I think they only make a cradle for the old BlackBerry Bold, not the new 9700...

Wonder when we'll see that? Probably when the next Bold comes out... LOL
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
kaykay is offline   United_States
      06-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I have the Smartphone Integration option in my E92, didn't know I had to buy a $150 adaptor to make it work. LOL @ BMW.

Also, I think they only make a cradle for the old BlackBerry Bold, not the new 9700...

Wonder when we'll see that? Probably when the next Bold comes out... LOL
My sales guy told me not to get smartphone integration because it was meant for iPhone or something and I have the Storm which is a garbage phone anyways. LOL the cell phone cradles will always be behind the times considering how fast phones come out.

Congrats on your car by the way just saw your thread on that.