BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Ryan239
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '11 135i, '13 Cayenne
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Anyone running Hankook R-S3s in 265f and 285r?

My oem PS2s have given up the ghost after 24k miles (the rears have, the fronts are still pretty decent) and I'm thinking about switching to the Hankook R-S3 in a 265/35 18 front and 285/35 18 rear. The stagger is 0.6in, which is the same as stock, and the overall diameter is a bit shorter, which I don't really prefer, but they don't have better option and I like these tires and the price.

Has anyone run these on the stock 18s; they should fit just fine by all accounts that I can see, but if you have some first hand feedback it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ryan239 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Victory Road
Major
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,323
iTrader: (6)

I run the RS-2 on my track car (supra) and have been very happy with them. They also do pretty well in the rain, although the PS2 is a bit better. I don't have any experience with the RS-3 yet.

Sizing should be very close to the PS2 sizing. If you are asking if they will fit on your OEM wheels you should have no problems.
Victory Road is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
JAJ
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 924
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan239 View Post
My oem PS2s have given up the ghost after 24k miles (the rears have, the fronts are still pretty decent) and I'm thinking about switching to the Hankook R-S3 in a 265/35 18 front and 285/35 18 rear. The stagger is 0.6in, which is the same as stock, and the overall diameter is a bit shorter, which I don't really prefer, but they don't have better option and I like these tires and the price.

Has anyone run these on the stock 18s; they should fit just fine by all accounts that I can see, but if you have some first hand feedback it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!
I have a set of all-season General UHP's in those exact sizes that I run in the late fall and early spring when it's too cold for the PS2's and but not quite snow-tire season either.

They're on 18x9.5" rims - square.

They work fine for what I use them for.
JAJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
calintexas
Major
 
calintexas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

Posts: 1,416
iTrader: (1)

24K Miles on OEM PS2's Rears!

You may be the mileage champ. Do you do lots of highway miles?
__________________
calintexas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
808MGuy
Colonel
 
808MGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 2,270
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
You may be the mileage champ. Do you do lots of highway miles?
Right now I'm at 27k miles on my original PS2s but the rears are pretty much done. I don't do too much highway miles because there aren't too many miles to travel on the highways when you live on an island.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

808MGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Ryan239
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '11 135i, '13 Cayenne
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
You may be the mileage champ. Do you do lots of highway miles?
Mostly commuting between Boston and NY so yes. I don't abuse the car or do burnouts or anything, so I think that has helped The rears are at the wear bars on the outer two channels and the fronts are about 1mm above the bars.

Appreciate the fitment feedback; doesn't look like anyone's run them on the stock wheels but I don't think I'll have an issue.
Ryan239 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
calintexas
Major
 
calintexas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

Posts: 1,416
iTrader: (1)

Tire Spec Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan239 View Post
Mostly commuting between Boston and NY so yes. I don't abuse the car or do burnouts or anything, so I think that has helped The rears are at the wear bars on the outer two channels and the fronts are about 1mm above the bars.

Appreciate the fitment feedback; doesn't look like anyone's run them on the stock wheels but I don't think I'll have an issue.
If Tire Rack carries the tires, they have data listed on each tire including nominal rim width and the rim width range that is acceptable for the specific tire.
265's: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

285's: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs
__________________
calintexas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
Ryan239
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '11 135i, '13 Cayenne
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, I saw that but I was specifically asking about fitment on the car; I know they'll fit on the wheels.
Ryan239 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST