BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
llis
octane chick
llis's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,135
Posts

 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [5.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Cool GT5 is fun and all, but misses the note

The '07 M3 Coupe sounds like a Nissan buzzing along. The 69 Vette has a throaty roar, the 61 E Type has a rich roar -- haven't heard either lately to know if they sound close.

But GT5 gives no audio respect to our sweet E92 note.

Just sayin'!
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

you are right and a lot feel the same way. check out inside sim racing reviews. they had the same issue with gt5. they do a lot of great video reviews.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
At least they got the M5 spot on... but yes they need work on a lot of their sounds.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
blue2fire
Brigadier General
blue2fire's Avatar
Cayman Islands
73
Rep
4,289
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

iTrader: (8)

Most of the cars have the same problem but it is easily fixed. Add a titanium exhaust to "return" the note back to it.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:49 AM   #5
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

It is not a good fix. try it with the Viper ACR. It sounds like a dump truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Most of the cars have the same problem but it is easily fixed. Add a titanium exhaust to "return" the note back to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

One other thing is that the front driver side line where the fender meets the hood seems bent and curved. Its possible that it could have been the result of some type of damage but I tried to make it worse or better with no difference.

Not a big deal, but once you see it it's always there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:58 AM   #7
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

The sounds are a hit and miss. Some muscle cars sound absolutely brutal when you apply full throttle at low RPMs, but some cars just sound like weed wackers.

There seems to be an inconsistent level of attention with the cars in this game. Some are spot on; others are completely off.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Don't even get me started on the Maserati Gran Turismo S, it sounds like a Nissan. That just pissed me off lol. And the standard Muscle cars sound like weed wackers only when you upgrade the exhaust, I've noticed. Just like in GT4 :|
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Sylon
Brigadier General
Sylon's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
There are some epic sounding cars in the game too, like my Race Mod '69 Camaro, that thing just sounds heavenly.

A few others I like:

- Modded GT-R Spec-V
- Stealth McLaren
- SLS AMG
- Zonda R
- Modded Gallardo
- That really old Jag, '69 I think?
- Chrome Line Murcielago

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head while I sit at work wishing I was playing instead.


But another car that sounds like a weed wacker is the modded Veyron. Not sure how they botched that one, making it a standard car instead of a premium one. They dropped the ball big time there.
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
There are some epic sounding cars in the game too, like my Race Mod '69 Camaro, that thing just sounds heavenly.

A few others I like:

- Modded GT-R Spec-V
- Stealth McLaren
- SLS AMG
- Zonda R
- Modded Gallardo
- That really old Jag, '69 I think?
- Chrome Line Murcielago

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head while I sit at work wishing I was playing instead.


But another car that sounds like a weed wacker is the modded Veyron. Not sure how they botched that one, making it a standard car instead of a premium one. They dropped the ball big time there.

that really is the way it went, premium cars got the upgrades across the board....standards weren't even touched
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #11
HoustonGuy
Banned
1
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Any Veyron modded or not should be premium....played some GT5 at the local best buy...felt like I was playing GT3 on my ps2...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

It will be upgraded to premium they said, along a with a bunch of other cars. I think they have plans to make a lot of additions to the games.

That being said I am going tonight to get F1 2010. i hear it is a great game. Then I am waiting for TDU2. that can be more of an online socializing game with the open world aspect and online casino they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGuy View Post
Any Veyron modded or not should be premium....played some GT5 at the local best buy...felt like I was playing GT3 on my ps2...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
MontegoblueE92
Captain
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
20
Rep
958
Posts

 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
It will be upgraded to premium they said, along a with a bunch of other cars. I think they have plans to make a lot of additions to the games.

That being said I am going tonight to get F1 2010. i hear it is a great game. Then I am waiting for TDU2. that can be more of an online socializing game with the open world aspect and online casino they are doing.
You getting F1 on PS3 or 360? If it's for the xbox I'd love to race.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
It will be upgraded to premium they said, along a with a bunch of other cars. I think they have plans to make a lot of additions to the games.

That being said I am going tonight to get F1 2010. i hear it is a great game. Then I am waiting for TDU2. that can be more of an online socializing game with the open world aspect and online casino they are doing.
F1 2010 is a good game, but it took me forever to get used to the driving physics of it all. Plus the whole role playing factor in it is cool... until your team gives you a truly shitty car.

Like at Catalunya I could only manage a 1:28, and I was getting smoked. No matter what setting I used it was terrible. Then I go in arcade mode and do a flying lap with the same car and I get a 1:22! Seriously, my virtual team gave me a car 6 seconds slower and I couldn't do anything to get it faster. That's when I stopped playing it.... that an GT5 came out. So unless your team gives you the shaft you'll enjoy it.


And the TDU2 car list had some nice cars in there, but everything else sucked. After I saw the list I was no longer excited about it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

Ya TDU2 has very little cars. They had licensing issues with a few car companies. That combined with the bike pack costing 1200 microsoft pts is just retarded. They are going to release future DLC's with more cars that should of been in the game in the first place.lol I am not going to spend $80+ to get a good varity of cars. Also they will have zero lambos, BMW's, no ZR1, and F1 Mclarens in the game. Just the new Mclaren which I could care less about. they are going to have a other non car DLC's. Some people will end up paying well over $100 to play this game which is crazy to me.

I know F1 2010 is harder game than most think, but it still may be worth it and Codemasters said they will be patching it and taking care of the issues like the one you mentioned. I know the car you get has a lot to do with your selection of how many seasons you set to participate in, and how well you do overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
F1 2010 is a good game, but it took me forever to get used to the driving physics of it all. Plus the whole role playing factor in it is cool... until your team gives you a truly shitty car.

Like at Catalunya I could only manage a 1:28, and I was getting smoked. No matter what setting I used it was terrible. Then I go in arcade mode and do a flying lap with the same car and I get a 1:22! Seriously, my virtual team gave me a car 6 seconds slower and I couldn't do anything to get it faster. That's when I stopped playing it.... that an GT5 came out. So unless your team gives you the shaft you'll enjoy it.


And the TDU2 car list had some nice cars in there, but everything else sucked. After I saw the list I was no longer excited about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
MontegoblueE92
Captain
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
20
Rep
958
Posts

 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
F1 2010 is a good game, but it took me forever to get used to the driving physics of it all. Plus the whole role playing factor in it is cool... until your team gives you a truly shitty car.

Like at Catalunya I could only manage a 1:28, and I was getting smoked. No matter what setting I used it was terrible. Then I go in arcade mode and do a flying lap with the same car and I get a 1:22! Seriously, my virtual team gave me a car 6 seconds slower and I couldn't do anything to get it faster. That's when I stopped playing it.... that an GT5 came out. So unless your team gives you the shaft you'll enjoy it.
Arcade mode usually has the simulation settings turned down, if not off. That makes every car equal, which is unrealistic, and usually tire sim is off too. It's not that in the career your team wants you to do bad or something. The career settings you have are more realistic then the arcade settings. Not to mention that Catalunya is the AI's best track by a fair margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
...Codemasters said they will be patching it and taking care of the issues like the one you mentioned. I know the car you get has a lot to do with your selection of how many seasons you set to participate in, and how well you do overall.
The patch has been out for a while now. And when you start a career, it asks you how long you will be in F1, and the longer your career is, the worse your starting team options are. If you choose a 7 year career, your teams are the three new ones. With a 5 year career it adds Torro Rosso and Sauber. And a 3 year career opens up Force India and Williams as options.

If you end up buying it for the 360 add me. My gamertag is LEDZEP0687
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #17
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

I want to get it for 360 but I have no wheel for it. I hate using the controller for driving games. I will add you though. My XBL is XxL0RD HELM3txX I am a spaceballs fan the O in Lord is actually a zero. The only other games I have right now are MW2 Red dead redemption, and BO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Arcade mode usually has the simulation settings turned down, if not off. That makes every car equal, which is unrealistic, and usually tire sim is off too. It's not that in the career your team wants you to do bad or something. The career settings you have are more realistic then the arcade settings. Not to mention that Catalunya is the AI's best track by a fair margin.



The patch has been out for a while now. And when you start a career, it asks you how long you will be in F1, and the longer your career is, the worse your starting team options are. If you choose a 7 year career, your teams are the three new ones. With a 5 year career it adds Torro Rosso and Sauber. And a 3 year career opens up Force India and Williams as options.

If you end up buying it for the 360 add me. My gamertag is LEDZEP0687
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
I don't see BBS rims in the game anymore...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #19
llis
octane chick
llis's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,135
Posts

 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [5.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
The M5 sounds almost M-like.

But what's the deal with no Porsche? Did they just say "nein"?
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #20
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

Their are poreches but they are the RUF CTR line. I have the Yellow Bird, CTR2, and RGT '00

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
The M5 sounds almost M-like.

But what's the deal with no Porsche? Did they just say "nein"?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #21
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I don't see BBS rims in the game anymore...
There are a few. It depends on the car you have
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #22
blue2fire
Brigadier General
blue2fire's Avatar
Cayman Islands
73
Rep
4,289
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

iTrader: (8)

I looked again. Try out the M3's titanium exhaust, it almost sounds like an old F1 car on the replays.

The E90 330i and the 135i are a bit hit and miss, they lack the tone and just sound rorty.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST