BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Feyd
Major
 
Feyd's Avatar
 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,239
iTrader: (2)

Stupidest thing you've ever done?

This could have taken place at any time during your life.

You could define supid as risky, carelss, or just plan idotic.

Additionally whatever "incident" could be a direct result of just acting reckless/being too young to know the difference/being drunk/being high/or just plain 'ol being dumb.


When I was a kid (~7 or 8) I once tried multiple times to set a jar of gasoline on fire with a blow torch. (I grew up on a farm and had access to things like this.. *shrug*) It eventually did light and had this really cool blue flame. As my buddy and I were playing with sticks in the fire-jar my brother (4 years my junior) came over the top of us with a larger stick and knocked the jar over. Upon spilling the gas immediatly exploded into a fireball and caught the ground and my treehouse on fire. We had been playing "camp" in the treehouse that day and managed to quickly put out the fire with a blanket. None of us were hurt and no one ever found out.
Feyd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (1)

i'd rather not say, tbh
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary Canada

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

I was drunk and high after my high school grad and decided to try jumping off the second story balcony onto a trampoline. I missed the trampoline.....
gun6slinger9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

i remember when i was a kid i got a new mongoose bike and i tried to ollie off my front porch and i ended up over my handlebars because that bike was a lot heavier than i thought, just imagine me pulling up at the last second and gravity pulling the front wheel straight down
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,660
iTrader: (6)

Got a tattoo
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,658
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i remember when i was a kid i got a new mongoose bike and i tried to ollie off my front porch and i ended up over my handlebars because that bike was a lot heavier than i thought, just imagine me pulling up at the last second and gravity pulling the front wheel straight down
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,298
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Got a tattoo
omg i'm fucking cracking up
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (12)

fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Got a tattoo of a penis next to my mouth
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
thats exactly what happened, except it was on grass and i didnt faceplant because i put my arms down and rolled over
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
Feyd
Major
 
Feyd's Avatar
 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,239
iTrader: (2)

Like how the dad just stood there...
Feyd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Cyrax91
Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
 
Cyrax91's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG & 481whp WW Evo IX
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NM

Posts: 1,493
iTrader: (17)

I was masterbating and I came all over my own face.
__________________
C63 AMG - 481whp WW Evo IX GSR
Cyrax91 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
e92m3ftw
Registered
 
Drives: e92m3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VA

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Like how the dad just stood there...
The dad was probabily laughing at him too talk about parental guidance.
e92m3ftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
MCMLXXXIX
wat
 
MCMLXXXIX's Avatar
 
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oct 2008

Posts: 3,410
iTrader: (0)

ditched school with a friend on the last day in middle school (8th grade) and ran/rode our bikes home (dumb idea). got a call at home about a half hour later telling us to go back. his mom drove us back...LMAO so fucking stupid

BUT Not as dumb as the three idiots who ditched 2 minutes before the last bell rang LOL!
__________________

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
MCMLXXXIX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #14
py335
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '08 AW E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NoVA

Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

tried blazing my first time freshman year in college (i guess it was still like the beginning of fall semester). and didnt know how long that stuff stays in your system... i was supposed to get a job at one of the libraries and a lot of my friends said they'll prob do drug tests.... didnt meet with the library people for over a month and when i finally went they said nothing was available anymore.... oh... and they didnt do drug tests *face palm*
py335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
GFX MIK3
Second Lieutenant
 
GFX MIK3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bedford, Ny

Posts: 283
iTrader: (1)

i was playing paintball and decided to make a madd dash to the other side of the field but didnt realize their was a 7 foot hole in the ground and i ran right into it and got stuck
__________________
2008 e92 335xi 6mt monaco blue with saddle brown interior.
List of Mods: BBS lm reps, CSL Trunk, M-Tech rear bumper,Muffler delete with DiMisa 4" Tips, 10% Tint,
Black grills,Jb4, DCI, KW V1
GFX MIK3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
Seminole
Colonel
 
Seminole's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

Posts: 2,011
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
The dumbest thing I can't post.

The second dumbest thing was going skateboarding when I really didn't know how. I was all good at going in a straight line and all, but screw me when it came to turning, stopping, anything else. Anyways, Freshman year, thinking I'm a baller I decide to go skateboarding on campus. FSU has a lot of the sidewalks filled with pavers in the middle.

So I'm moseying on down the sidewalk and this brick was sticking up just a little bit. I don't see the brick. I hit the brick. The skateboard stops, I don't. My face is suddenly getting closer to the ground. I hit the ground, very painful. I get up and my face is all sore and my mouth felt like it had a lot of saliva in it so I spit. I feel stuff come out of my mouth when I spit. I run my tongue along my teeth. This is what I discovered:




I haven't gotten on a skateboard since.
__________________

Last edited by Seminole; 06-11-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Seminole is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #17
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,658
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
The dumbest thing I can't post.

The second dumbest thing was going skateboarding when I really didn't know how. I was all good at going in a straight line and all, but screw me when it came to turning, stopping, anything else. Anyways, Freshman year, thinking I'm a baller I decide to go skateboarding on campus. FSU has a lot of the sidewalks filled with pavers in the middle.

So I'm moseying on down the sidewalk and this brick was sticking up just a little bit. I don't see the brick. I hit the brick. The skateboard stops, I don't. My face is suddenly getting closer to the ground. I hit the ground, very painful. I get up and my face is all sore and my mouth feel like it has a lot of saliva in it so I spit. I feel stuff come out of my mouth when I spit. I run my tongue along my teeth. This is what I discovered:




I haven't gotten on a skateboard since.
Natural selection right there bro. You didn't think to soften your blow by putting your hands out as you were falling?

Lol, just kidding man...did you have to get veneers put over those teeth?
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #18
Seminole
Colonel
 
Seminole's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

Posts: 2,011
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Natural selection right there bro. You didn't think to soften your blow by putting your hands out as you were falling?

Lol, just kidding man...did you have to get veneers put over those teeth?
Tell me about it. It happened pretty fast and by the time I realized what was happening I hit the ground.

Here's the kicker... My front four teeth were/are veneers anyways (worst decision of my life to get them), so what you see is the veneers breaking off at where my real teeth end. My parents were so pissed off that I just destroyed two veneers costing a grand each that they made me go for two months like that before they would get them fixed. Have you ever not smiled for two months? It blows.
__________________
Seminole is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #19
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,658
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Tell me about it. It happened pretty fast and by the time I realized what was happening I hit the ground.

Here's the kicker... My front four teeth were/are veneers anyways (worst decision of my life to get them), so what you see is the veneers breaking off at where my real teeth end. My parents were so pissed off that I just destroyed two veneers costing a grand each that they made me go for two months like that before they would get them fixed. Have you ever not smiled for two months? It blows.
Must have been weird as hell eating with those jaggedy teeth...also I wouldn't be able to stop feeling them with my tongue.

Ok I've been wondering about this. When they put a veneer over your tooth what does it feel like? I can't imagine something being put over my tooth and acting like my actual tooth.

Mind = blown when I think about veneers.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #20
Dan in PA
Captain
 
Dan in PA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Must have been weird as hell eating with those jaggedy teeth...also I wouldn't be able to stop feeling them with my tongue.

Ok I've been wondering about this. When they put a veneer over your tooth what does it feel like? I can't imagine something being put over my tooth and acting like my actual tooth.

Mind = blown when I think about veneers.



I'm cringing severely atm....
__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Dan in PA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #21
Seminole
Colonel
 
Seminole's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977 N, 77.0366 W

Posts: 2,011
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Must have been weird as hell eating with those jaggedy teeth...also I wouldn't be able to stop feeling them with my tongue.

Ok I've been wondering about this. When they put a veneer over your tooth what does it feel like? I can't imagine something being put over my tooth and acting like my actual tooth.

Mind = blown when I think about veneers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
I'm cringing severely atm....

It wasn't fun and it hurt a lot.

As for what it feels like... Getting it sucked. I "had" to get veneers because even with braces my teeth weren't big enough to close all the gaps, so the dentist said 3 years of braces would be worthless unless I had it done. What they do is take a grinder and grind your real teeth down to little stubs. Then they take an imprint of your mouth and send it away to the lab. They make little fake temporary looking teeth out of the cement they use to hold braces on. The veneers are a full tooth shape all the way up to the gum line except a little part that what is left of your real tooth goes into. They put some cement on your tooth and slide the veneer on.

As for what they are like on, I can't tell they aren't real. Pretty much once I got them put on they felt like real teeth, only a tiny bit smoother. I've had them on for about 6-7 years now and they've held up really well. One of them did get a tiny chip on the bottom and so it has a little sharp edge that I can't stop running my tongue over. If I could go back and do it over I would never have done it though. I was just a teenager and was going along with what the doctors and my parents were telling me. Knowing my real teeth are just little stubs really sucks, but living with veneers isn't any different than real teeth.
__________________
Seminole is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #22
Dan in PA
Captain
 
Dan in PA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
It wasn't fun and it hurt a lot.

As for what it feels like... Getting it sucked. I "had" to get veneers because even with braces my teeth weren't big enough to close all the gaps, so the dentist said 3 years of braces would be worthless unless I had it done. What they do is take a grinder and grind your real teeth down to little stubs. Then they take an imprint of your mouth and send it away to the lab. They make little fake temporary looking teeth out of the cement they use to hold braces on. The veneers are a full tooth shape all the way up to the gum line except a little part that what is left of your real tooth goes into. They put some cement on your tooth and slide the veneer on.

As for what they are like on, I can't tell they aren't real. Pretty much once I got them put on they felt like real teeth, only a tiny bit smoother. I've had them on for about 6-7 years now and they've held up really well. One of them did get a tiny chip on the bottom and so it has a little sharp edge that I can't stop running my tongue over. If I could go back and do it over I would never have done it though. I was just a teenager and was going along with what the doctors and my parents were telling me. Knowing my real teeth are just little stubs really sucks, but living with veneers isn't any different than real teeth.




Dental procedures just make me squirm. Argh, the part about the grinding...:cringe: :cringe:
__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Dan in PA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST