BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source

06-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
bobbyd1961
Banned

Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

noise in door driver door panel

i hear a very slight clicking noise in the panel. anyone have this issue and do you think the dealer can fix a random noise?
      06-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Finnegan
Major General

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
i hear a very slight clicking noise in the panel. anyone have this issue and do you think the dealer can fix a random noise?
Random noise and the dealer fixing it? Not likely to turn out well. Rattles, clicking, etc.--these cars all have little noises like that. Man, I wouldn't want them messing around with the door panel unless it's constant and driving you crazy. The result is likely to be either: a.) no fix; b.) worse; c.) damage.

The rule of thumb is the less the car sees of the any dealership the better. The only exception here would be if it's some kind of motor driven "click", in which case it might be the window caused by a loose wire, bad contact, or the electronics in some way. If it seems related to road vibration or bumps, etc., I'd leave it be or fix it myself. But w/o hearing it, I can't diagnose it, so it's your call.

IMO you'd be better off trying to track it down yourself and fix it with some felt and/or velcro if it's a standard rattle or noise caused by road vibration or bumps. I'm pretty sure there's a DIY or two on tackling the door and or rattles. Give search on that a try.
Finnegan is offline   United_States
      06-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
gthberg
Private

Drives: e90 M3 IB/FR

Garage List
2009 e90 M3  [0.00]
Check your panel all the way around the door. I had a similar issue, and discovered that one of my trim clips had come out so the door panel was vibrating a little. A quick bang of the hand got it back in place and all's well.
      06-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
zamm3k
Bla!

Drives: JB E90 M3

unfortunately i had to take mine to the dealer because I was getting rattling noises from what seems to be all of the 4 door seals. Hopefully I'll find my baby the way I handed her in.

zamm3k is offline   United_States
      06-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
gthal
Brigadier General

Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
My door seals were making noises that almost sounded like a creaking/rattle. It was very deceiving (i.e. thinking that that sort of noise was the rubber door seal). Anyway, I treated it to a thorough application of Gummipledge rubber care and it went away. Every month or so it will start to come back but a quick rubber treatment takes care of it. I would try this before taking it to the dealer.
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
gthal is online now   Canada