BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

GT Haus

06-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
asaulo1
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, alp white

Recommend So. Cal. Dealer for Service on my 08 E92 M3

i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good dealer for me to take my 08 E92 M3 for it's 9000 mile service. I am in Valencia and am very hesitant in bringing it to Valencia BMW for service.... I researched some horror stories on them from the E90 forum. Anyone want to recommend a good dealer near the Valencia area for service aside from Valencia BMW? thanks.
      06-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
FStop7
I like cars

Drives: M6

BMW Santa Barbara rocks for service. The SA to ask for is Joe. Ask him if Andy can do the service, he is a master tech who used to have an E90 M3.

Take your car there, spend the day enjoying the town.

The only down side is that their service department is closed on Saturday.

The other dealership I would suggest is Long Beach BMW, but they're just as far from Valencia as Santa Barbara is, and it's not half as pretty.

BTW I also live in Valencia. I don't see many M3s around here. Mostly trucks.
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
      06-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
MSoldier
Private

Drives: 2008 M3 E92

I live within 4 miles of the Santa Monica BMW but never go there after reading horrible reviews. I go to South Bay BMW, 18800 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance, CA 90504, I highly recommend if you're willing to make the drive. The only other dealership I can think of is Center BMW, I can't speak of there service, I've been there once to get some oil and they gave me a bottle for free when I was low and passing by.
      06-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
OMID INC
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E70 X5

the problem is i have heard horrible things about just about every dealership in socal. and i have heard wonderful things about every dealership in socal.

i take my car to new century and have had no problems so far. john velarde is my service adviser.
      06-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
SpencerM3
Sauce

Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Dude, EVERY service center has horror stories and people hating on them, then others praise them. Unless you live close to a place everyone loves and or have a bad experience at your own place, just stick with Valencia BMW.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States
      06-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.

Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

Send a message via AIM to M3_LIN Send a message via MSN to M3_LIN
Southbay BMW, ask for ALEX CAICEIDO!

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
M3_LIN is offline   United_States
      06-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Golf Cart

if your near camarillo (steve thomas BMW) just PM and ill personally set the appointment for you.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Our Parts Store--> http://www.bmwpartspros.com
      06-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
SunnyD
Lieutenant

Drives: 11 Lexus ISF

I heard great things about New Century BMW. I believe it was rated one of the top BMW dealerships for service.

2009 AW/Blk 135 6MT - Gone
2006 ///M5 - Gone
2007 ///M Coupe - Gone
      06-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
kwike92
Major

Drives: 2009 m3 coupe | 2011 STi

crevier in santa ana. ask for dan canfield
kwike92 is online now   United_States
      06-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
henryyxyu
Lieutenant

Drives: AW E90 M3

When it comes to dealerships, its really a chance thing. YMMV so to speak. Monrovia was so-so (ask for Matt, pretty outgoing dude). New Century was pretty good for the times I paid out of my pocket to service my '89 325i. The rest of the times when I brought my car in for issues covered by warranty, horrid service (go figure ). As some already mention before, South Bay is pretty good. I've heard that McKenna and Crevier are also pretty good.
henryyxyu is offline   Taiwan
      06-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #11
shoei
Major

Drives: 2010 E92 M3 AW...

Beverly Hills BMW, i only use Jeff Baker, except, he might not be available to the general public anymore... =(
      06-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #12
xiliy
Lieutenant

Drives: Ride BMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaulo1 View Post
i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good dealer for me to take my 08 E92 M3 for it's 9000 mile service. I am in Valencia and am very hesitant in bringing it to Valencia BMW for service.... I researched some horror stories on them from the E90 forum. Anyone want to recommend a good dealer near the Valencia area for service aside from Valencia BMW? thanks.
I have been taking my car to Valencia BMW for a few years now. There is only one SA that you should deal with. His name is Fernando A. Very cool guy, he knows which mechanics are good and which are not. My personal expirience with bmw service goes back to 1996 when i got my first bimmer, and this guy is by far people friendly SA. Hope it helps
xiliy is offline   United_States
      06-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #13
skdoosh
Private

Drives: 09 m3 coupe dct

I would suggest taking to the guy you bought the car from, that is the only way you can get what you want, and be treated with respect. Guys on mfest say center in van nuts is good, well I've only had crap experience from them, I bought my car at Crevier in santa Ana, and only take it to them, even though I live 1 yes 1 block from center BMW

The car is mine......The house, not yet. oaky not ever!
      06-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
Kyosho
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3

Chris Zappia @ Sterling BMW in Newport Beach
Great service every time! He always arranges a shuttle waiting for me to take me home from the dealership, and to give me a ride to pick up my car.
Also helped me warranty a couple of things :]
Great communication and fast service. I always made same day appointments with him and I usually get my car back the same day or next day at the latest.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Kyosho is offline   Taiwan