BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #133
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen
 
ellipsis212's Avatar
 
Drives: MB 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC > RVA

Posts: 964
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Further, the American dream is something completely arbitrary and different to everyone - don't assume your own interpretation is commonly accepted. For many, the American dream is living in a nice small town, working and living off the land, and otherwise living a humble and out of the spotlight existence. It's not mine, certainly isn't yours, but for these people's American dream, NYC is far from an ideal locale
copy that. the American dream IS different for everyone though i guess what i meant was probably the American "ideal" which is to say that America is a place where people from all backgrounds, colors, languages, and creeds can come and live together in peace and harmony blah blah etc. NYC happens to be a pretty good example of that ideal (if one even agrees that we are about that)

does it work? barely, but it does work.

when i go home to the South i realize that a lot of otherwise "good" people that i know are really closet racists and xenophobes. to them America is a white Christian nation and everyone coming into it is supposed to assimilate with the prevailing culture, but what if the prevailing culture changes? will white Christians accept change as part of what the country is (a dynamic entity) or do they act as though they are being infringed upon? will they forget how they came to possess this land in the first place?

i think if NY'ers (and other city-dwellers) have 1 advantage over other people it's that they are forced to live alongside others with whom they have nothing in common. it's often difficult and frustrating but here you have to make it work. it makes you a better person if not a more nasal sounding and obnoxious one. too bad for that!
ellipsis212 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #134
Javi335
Troll but nice
 
Javi335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

Loor to Vladimir Putin



He do know how to deal with the Islamist scum who murdered his people, unlike our weak leaders. Nothing compared with the shows that got in the West.



Russia's policy towards the Islamic terrorist scum is annihilation. They understand that to deal with these savages is nonsense wasting time judging them, but it is much easier, faster and finish them effective anti-terrorist operations of punishment and national security. Nothing to do with Spain, where we have prisons full of son of Mohamed planning another 11-m, and in the end legalizing al-Qaeda as" Cultural Association "with the subsidy paid rigor of our pockets.
But the Russians, they do not go around with nonsense.
Javi335 is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #135
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

too bad the russians support iran...oh arent they run by radical muslims?
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #136
Javi335
Troll but nice
 
Javi335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
too bad the russians support iran...oh arent they run by radical muslims?
Russia support many sanctions against them too, but the oil bussines is complicated ... ask Bush and Laden family
Javi335 is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #137
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
Russia support many sanctions against them too, but the oil bussines is complicated ... ask Bush and Laden family
right...
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #138
Javi335
Troll but nice
 
Javi335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

Its human nature. At the end we are just animals hunting, protecting and expanding our territory. For eat, for oil ... it makes no difference. No LHC cant beat our instincts.

Javi335 is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #139
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S. FLA

Posts: 262
iTrader: (1)

whoa
mfeltiii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #140
Javi335
Troll but nice
 
Javi335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

Santiago y cierra España!!! Al ataqueeeeeeeeeee!!!
Javi335 is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2010, 04:00 AM   #141
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

In my country, something similar happened over the last 500 years.

Many temples were destroyed and mosques were built on their spots - this is a symbol of conquest.

And anyone who reads the Quran will know that there is no such thing as peace. Their duty is to be at war with the non-believers - i.e the rest of the world.
zetaxi165 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #142
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures
 
Mr Tonka's Avatar
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
I think people are fucking confused. They're taking an entire religion: an entire religion, and are considering them ALL terrorists because some select extremists in that religion caused 9/11. It's stupid. People say that it's a religion full of hate, lack of rights, etc.

If I were to cut down the Bible piece-by-piece, I'd find some ridiculous things in there too that makes Christianity seem like an extremely restrictive and hating religion. But people like to pick-and-choose, so they'll conveniently ignore those little quotes from the Bible

Dear America: stop being fucking ignorant and retarded.
There is a slight difference between Christian extremists and Islamic extremists. World wide, in modern times, Islamic extremists kill more people in a few months than Christian extremists in a few decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
In my country, something similar happened over the last 500 years.

Many temples were destroyed and mosques were built on their spots - this is a symbol of conquest.

And anyone who reads the Quran will know that there is no such thing as peace. Their duty is to be at war with the non-believers - i.e the rest of the world.
Seems like this would be obvious to everyone...
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #143
AdmiralAdama
New Member
 
Drives: 128i Coupe. Color TBD.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: venice, ca

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

One of the least pleasant parts of this argument has been the refusal of mosque proponents from ascribing anything other than "racism" or 'islamophobia" to the 60-70% of Americans who would like the mosque to be built elsewhere.

So I ask a question: when the Pope asked the Carmelite Nuns who wanted to build a convent right next to Auschwitz to move, was he being an anti-Catholic bigot?
AdmiralAdama is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #144
Zell
Captain
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 779
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
There is a slight difference between Christian extremists and Islamic extremists. World wide, in modern times, Islamic extremists kill more people in a few months than Christian extremists in a few decades.
That is true, though. It's unfortunate that is what happens when people twist their religion into something terrible. Unfortunately, some Muslims out there have done that. To me, it's not necessarily the religion but it is the person that creates such hate to kill others. People can perform a lot of mental gymnastics to justify what they are doing. I just hate it when people think that they are so correct about something that they need to go convert everyone else, and if they refuse to convert then they'll kill 'em. Shit's messed up.
Zell is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #145
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures
 
Mr Tonka's Avatar
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
That is true, though. It's unfortunate that is what happens when people twist their religion into something terrible. Unfortunately, some Muslims out there have done that. To me, it's not necessarily the religion but it is the person that creates such hate to kill others. People can perform a lot of mental gymnastics to justify what they are doing. I just hate it when people think that they are so correct about something that they need to go convert everyone else, and if they refuse to convert then they'll kill 'em. Shit's messed up.
Totally messed up.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #146
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures
 
Mr Tonka's Avatar
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAdama View Post
One of the least pleasant parts of this argument has been the refusal of mosque proponents from ascribing anything other than "racism" or 'islamophobia" to the 60-70% of Americans who would like the mosque to be built elsewhere.

So I ask a question: when the Pope asked the Carmelite Nuns who wanted to build a convent right next to Auschwitz to move, was he being an anti-Catholic bigot?
Good point.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST