BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

08-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #67
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Shizzle, Have you read the Quran?
      08-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #68
KingOfJericho
Major General

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Someone should open a gay bar in Iran and see how that goes. See how many people over there would defend such an idea. It's really exploitation of our freedoms to open a mosque 2 blocks from where they killed 3,000 people for having just such freedoms.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
      08-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #69
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Someone should open a gay bar in Iran and see how that goes. See how many people over there would defend such an idea. It's really exploitation of our freedoms to open a mosque 2 blocks from where they killed 3,000 people for having just such freedoms.
people wouldn't care. the government would probably hang everybody.
      08-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #70
KingOfJericho
Major General

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
people wouldn't care. the government would probably hang everybody.
exactly... and the people would care but if they showed it they would be hung as well.

08-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #71
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
exactly... and the people would care but if they showed it they would be hung as well.
Have you been to Iran?
      08-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #72
KingOfJericho
Major General

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Nope. I used to have Iranian (Persian?) neighbors and they were very nice. I just feel quite bad that they live under such an oppressive government.

08-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #73
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU

Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

I'm not sure why there is all this controversy about putting a Mosque at ground zero.

We've said all along that the US is NOT at war with the Muslims, and that we are at war with just the religious extremists/terrorists. So what is the difference whether we put a church, synagogue or mosque on that site?

I think some people just look for any excuse to bitc% about somnething, honestly.
BlueZ4AZ is offline   United_States
      08-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #74
KingOfJericho
Major General

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
That might be easy to say from Arizona but for those of us directly affected by the events of 9/11, it's a highly sensitive issue. The attacks were planned from mosques.

08-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #75
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU

Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
That might be easy to say from Arizona but for those of us directly affected by the events of 9/11, it's a highly sensitive issue. The attacks were planned from mosques.
I can totally understand your feelings, but it's the logic I don't understand. If they planned the attack in a Starbucks, would you be against them putting a Starbucks at the site?
BlueZ4AZ is offline   United_States
      08-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #76
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
I can totally understand your feelings, but it's the logic I don't understand. If they planned the attack in a Starbucks, would you be against them putting a Starbucks at the site?
dont fuck with my starbucks man...
      08-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #77
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:
I'm not sure why there is all this controversy about putting a Mosque at ground zero.

We've said all along that the US is NOT at war with the Muslims, and that we are at war with just the religious extremists/terrorists. So what is the difference whether we put a church, synagogue or mosque on that site?

I think some people just look for any excuse to bitc% about somnething, honestly.
+1

Thats how I see it.
      08-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #78
KingOfJericho
Major General

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
That's neutral territory and they weren't crashing planes into buildings in the name of Starbucks. I understand what you're getting at but it's not the same. They crashed into our financial center where people I know worked and died in the name of religion and now want to build a 13 story center devoted to that same religion just 2 blocks away. There are plenty of other places where this can be built but they're exploiting the very freedoms that our system, which the religion is completely against, guarantees and that they are not afforded on their home land. It's insensitive to the lost lives, plain and simple.

08-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #79
Comet
Troll Harder

Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
That's neutral territory and they weren't crashing planes into buildings in the name of Starbucks. I understand what you're getting at but it's not the same. They crashed into our financial center where people I know worked and died in the name of religion and now want to build a 13 story center devoted to that same religion just 2 blocks away. There are plenty of other places where this can be built but they're exploiting the very freedoms that our system, which the religion is completely against, guarantees and that they are not afforded on their home land. It's insensitive to the lost lives, plain and simple.
So what if a bunch of Starbucks employees did it in the name of Starbucks, but they are acting on their own?
would you blame Starbucks?
      08-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #80
KingOfJericho
Major General

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Eh, I really don't give a shit anymore. I still think it's fucked up but going back and forth gets us nowhere.

punching out...

08-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #81
zaheer
Captain

Drives: E93 335i

the only people who are brainwashed are the americans...by the fake threat that George Bush made u guys to believe.
      08-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #82
KingOfJericho
Major General

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Yes, and we all wear cowboy hats...

08-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #83
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer View Post
the only people who are brainwashed are the americans...by the fake threat that George Bush made u guys to believe.
fake threat? wtf.
      08-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #84
sawzall
Major

Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
Shizzle, Have you read the Quran?
Yes, I have. Have you read the bible?
sawzall is offline   Canada
      08-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #85
sawzall
Major

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
I always find it hilarious when non-Christians point to Old Testament verses. Most Christians know (or should know) that we're in the New Testament age. And, as far as I know, nowhere in the New Testament does it state that non-believers should be killed. In fact, the concept of a "believer" (or a "Christian", for that matter) did not exist in the Old Testament age, so the comment above is a non-sequitur.
You make a good point. By no means do I profess to be an expert in Christianity; My understanding was that many Christian branches consider the Old Testament as part of biblical canon. All I did was take an obscure (possibly irrelevant) passage out of the Bible, and in taking it out of context, I used it to show that Christians are 'bad'. I'm just as guilty in this case as those who take similar passages out of context out of the Qur'an to suit their beliefs (which was my original point in the first place).

Last edited by sawzall; 08-13-2010 at 06:40 PM.
      08-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #86
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

I think that explains the whole situation.
      08-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #87
roozie2001
Just some guy

Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
I say scrap the Mosque idea and erect a Starbucks there instead. We don't have enough Starbucks!!!!
I'm pretty sure both Christians and Muslims drink coffee, so no controversy.
+1. a starbucks and a Pei Wei would be nice as well. Or a Chick-fil-A. Why would anyone wanna blow up Chick-Fil-A??? that shit is delicious.

Quote:
Thats what i think. Its a slap in the face anytime those people or their family or friends go to ground zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
So what if a bunch of Starbucks employees did it in the name of Starbucks, but they are acting on their own?
would you blame Starbucks?
Cuz starbucks was involved in many terror attacks. The crusades. killing jesus. Anti Gay rhetoric. Dragging blacks cuz its unholy. NO
its all in the name of christianity, islam and juddism. Not saying the religion is to blame but the people taking it out of context are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer View Post
DUDE go cuddle with the french.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
You make a good point. By no means do I profess to be an expert in Christianity; My understanding was that many Christian branches consider the Old Testament as part of biblical canon. All I did was take an obscure (possibly irrelevant) passage out of the Bible, and in taking it out of context, I used it to show that Christians are 'bad'. I'm just as guilty in this case as those who take similar passages out of context out of the Qur'an to suit their beliefs (which was my original point in the first place).
Its all crap. Just be good. It should make u feel better inside as a person. All this stuff is man made. Whether u believe in GOD and stuff great. But the rest is man made stuff to control humanity. In a doomsday scenario we all revert back to animals anyway. The ego and the super ego go right out the window and the Id is all that left. Bible and Koran are great books to read, but so is To kill a mockingbird. take it for what it is and move on. Just do whats right for u and ur fellow man.
      08-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #88
sawzall
Major

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post

Its all crap. Just be good. It should make u feel better inside as a person. All this stuff is man made. Whether u believe in GOD and stuff great. But the rest is man made stuff to control humanity. In a doomsday scenario we all revert back to animals anyway. The ego and the super ego go right out the window and the Id is all that left. Bible and Koran are great books to read, but so is To kill a mockingbird. take it for what it is and move on. Just do whats right for u and ur fellow man.
+1 This is one of the smartest things I've read on this thread!