BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
cycler
Major General
cycler's Avatar
88
Rep
8,067
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

NYC Mosque controversy

The controversy of a 13 story mosque to be built 2 blocks from ground zero


Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
doc1911
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pinehurst, NC

iTrader: (0)

While it doesn't surprise me it saddens me that this would ever be an issue. The fact that this might happen goes to the core of some of the biggest problems we have as a country. I'm willing to bet someone out there is thinking of ways to blow this thing up if it gets built
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
cycler
Major General
cycler's Avatar
88
Rep
8,067
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

What is interesting is that the money used to buy the building is coming in a form of cash. $30 million. The money used to build it is going to be cash $100 million. The imam who is in charge of this project has been quoted in saying he wishes Sharia law to be brought to the United States. Do they really think this will be be a peaceful mosque. It in in the heart of the financial district and its a perfect breeding ground for terrorists and ways to covert others.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Topless 335i
Captain
Topless 335i's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
984
Posts

 
Drives: AW E93 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (2)

This is why this country is stupid.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Yearofthe1's Avatar
10
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: VFR1200F
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. Va.

iTrader: (1)

This is why this country has no balls when it matters.

We should take a clue from the Swiss, the French, and the Dutch. They can see the threat, and they weren't even the ones attacked.
__________________
135i Montego Blue, Grey Boston Leather, MT, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navi, Premium Sound, Heated Seats, iPod.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Dan in PA
Captain
Dan in PA's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
730
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthe1 View Post
This is why this country has no balls when it matters.

We should take a clue from the Swiss, the French, and the Dutch. They can see the threat, and they weren't even the ones attacked.




__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
zaheer
Captain
zaheer's Avatar
United Kingdom
25
Rep
861
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (1)

what threat....?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
bkM3
Lieutenant
8
Rep
576
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
double
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
Javi335
Troll but nice
Javi335's Avatar
Spain
35
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless 335i View Post
This is why this country is stupid.
Oh sure

You are living in the US because a unavoidable reason, i guess. Im wait to your answer before i call you a disgrafecul bastard.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Javi335
Troll but nice
Javi335's Avatar
Spain
35
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

iTrader: (0)

On the mosque subject, the only reason to build one is to put all the NY muslims inside and blow up the place, oberture 1812 and fireworks included.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
50
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
If the mosque is not built in this particular building what difference will it make for the Imam to go build one 10 miles away? End result will be the same... A bunch of brainwashed fuckers... but then again thats if this Imam is really above and beyond with his religious views.

I think most westerners are paranoid... The only Imams you should be worried about are the ones in Pakistan, and the entire Arab region.

No youth in the west will listen to preaching of Sharia law... with the exception of 1 or 2.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #12
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
What is interesting is that the money used to buy the building is coming in a form of cash. $30 million. The money used to build it is going to be cash $100 million. The imam who is in charge of this project has been quoted in saying he wishes Sharia law to be brought to the United States. Do they really think this will be be a peaceful mosque. It in in the heart of the financial district and its a perfect breeding ground for terrorists and ways to covert others.
That makes no sense. If we are going to worry what is being taught in mosques we should worry about what goes on in churches, or schools etc. There is no reason to worry just because it is a mosque and the location of it. What is wrong with that?

Also, spreading the message of Sharia law is nothing wrong. Look at the way the media is used today to spread the message of people like Bush trying to justify wars in other lands. At the end of the day, everyone wants to preach their message. It's freedom of speech. You might not agree with some teachings/opinions of people but they have the right to speak.

What pisses me off is that people still have a mental link in their minds about Islam and terrorism. Even in the media we hear the phrase "Islamic terrorist". We need to separate the two things so that terrorists know that they do not represent Islam and most muslims do not agree with what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
If the mosque is not built in this particular building what difference will it make for the Imam to go build one 10 miles away? End result will be the same... A bunch of brainwashed fuckers... but then again thats if this Imam is really above and beyond with his religious views.

I think most westerners are paranoid... The only Imams you should be worried about are the ones in Pakistan, and the entire Arab region.

No youth in the west will listen to preaching of Sharia law... with the exception of 1 or 2.
That is bullshit. I live in the west and there are plenty of young people who like to know about Islam in depth and believe in the Sharia law. Sure, most people don't follow their religions perfectly but they do believe in it.

Also, you're wrong about Pakistani and Arab Imams. For example, I have been to every mosque in my city and ALL Imams are Pakistani and there is NO preaching of violence but instead messages of how we can distance ourselves from terrorists.

What I'm basically saying is it is hard for us muslims to separate from terrorists because most people always create a link in their mind about Islam a nd terrorism.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
17
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (0)

There are other ways to look at Islam and moslems. I believe that radical Islam represents a backward looking and dangerous belief system (actually a method for societal control). It poses an existential threat to the west and western ways and values and it must be both understood and confronted. The reason there is that link between terrorism and Islam is because terrorists are the face of Islam and no "moderate" moslem ever says word one to counter it. When Islam begins to police itself maybe opinions will change. Until that happens moslems will continue to be looked upon with suspicion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
That makes no sense. If we are going to worry what is being taught in mosques we should worry about what goes on in churches, or schools etc. There is no reason to worry just because it is a mosque and the location of it. What is wrong with that?

Also, spreading the message of Sharia law is nothing wrong. Look at the way the media is used today to spread the message of people like Bush trying to justify wars in other lands. At the end of the day, everyone wants to preach their message. It's freedom of speech. You might not agree with some teachings/opinions of people but they have the right to speak.

What pisses me off is that people still have a mental link in their minds about Islam and terrorism. Even in the media we hear the phrase "Islamic terrorist". We need to separate the two things so that terrorists know that they do not represent Islam and most muslims do not agree with what they do.



That is bullshit. I live in the west and there are plenty of young people who like to know about Islam in depth and believe in the Sharia law. Sure, most people don't follow their religions perfectly but they do believe in it.

Also, you're wrong about Pakistani and Arab Imams. For example, I have been to every mosque in my city and ALL Imams are Pakistani and there is NO preaching of violence but instead messages of how we can distance ourselves from terrorists.

What I'm basically saying is it is hard for us muslims to separate from terrorists because most people always create a link in their mind about Islam a nd terrorism.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #14
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
50
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
That is bullshit. I live in the west and there are plenty of young people who like to know about Islam in depth and believe in the Sharia law. Sure, most people don't follow their religions perfectly but they do believe in it.

Also, you're wrong about Pakistani and Arab Imams. For example, I have been to every mosque in my city and ALL Imams are Pakistani and there is NO preaching of violence but instead messages of how we can distance ourselves from terrorists.

What I'm basically saying is it is hard for us muslims to separate from terrorists because most people always create a link in their mind about Islam a nd terrorism.

Anyone that believes in Sharia law is already on the extreme of Islam...
I'm not wrong about na-Paki or Arab Imams, I said those Imams that are overseas, not here in the west are the ones we should be worried about. The ones that have dyed their beards with Henna typically the Porkistani mullahs.

I agree I have yet to hear an Imam talking about anything extreme... like Sharia law in SoCal.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
14
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post

What I'm basically saying is it is hard for us muslims to separate from terrorists because most people always create a link in their mind about Islam a nd terrorism.


This is where u are wrong. The world at large cannot separate the two ideas because the religion itself will not step up and separate the ideas, and condemn publicly and privately the members involved in terrorist activities. Behind the curtain veiled off from the world eye, the Terrorists have full control over top people in the religion and therefore use it to spread their radical views and recruit young otherwise innocent people. And they use it to control the land in which that religion thrives.

Its as simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #16
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
50
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
This is where u are wrong. The world at large cannot separate the two ideas because the religion itself will not step up and separate the ideas, and condemn publicly and privately the members involved in terrorist activities. Behind the curtain veiled off from the world eye, the Terrorists have full control over top people in the religion and therefore use it to spread their radical views and recruit young otherwise innocent people. And they use it to control the land in which that religion thrives.

Its as simple as that.


From what I can remember, all the major Islamic organizations within the US condemned the actions of those persons involved with 9/11. The only groups that did not were from middle east and Central Asia.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #17
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
14
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Yea, they say that here, but still financially support them backdoor, and will not do anything to force out the joining of the terrorists and the religious leaders. Its a worldwide problem for them, and if you dont see that you are blind, or just refuse to see it.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #18
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
There are other ways to look at Islam and moslems. I believe that radical Islam represents a backward looking and dangerous belief system (actually a method for societal control). It poses an existential threat to the west and western ways and values and it must be both understood and confronted. The reason there is that link between terrorism and Islam is because terrorists are the face of Islam and no "moderate" moslem ever says word one to counter it. When Islam begins to police itself maybe opinions will change. Until that happens moslems will continue to be looked upon with suspicion.
Islam is "backward" and "dangerous" because it goes against what YOU believe is right and wrong. What is right and wrong anyway? Everyone and every country decides that for themselves.

That's why everyone has different values and every country has different laws. Noone universally can agree on what is right or wrong. So just because you say Islam is "backward" and "dangerous" that doesnt mean it actually is. It just goes against what you like to think.

Also, in regards to Islam policing itself, we do seperate ourselves from terrorists. We have scholars and teachers all over the world spreading our message of peace. We have TV channels where this stuff is talked about 24/7. We are always explaining that terrorism is wrong.

Anyway, why should we defend ourselves? Innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof does not lie with us. Just because certain MINORITY groups misuse our religion why should we have to defend our religion?

Dont be lazy. Pick up our book and read it if you want to learn about our religion. Don't tell us its our responsibility to teach it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #19
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Anyone that believes in Sharia law is already on the extreme of Islam...
I'm not wrong about na-Paki or Arab Imams, I said those Imams that are overseas, not here in the west are the ones we should be worried about. The ones that have dyed their beards with Henna typically the Porkistani mullahs.

I agree I have yet to hear an Imam talking about anything extreme... like Sharia law in SoCal.
"Extreme side of Islam"? Islam is one religion with one book and one set of beliefs. People choose to interpret it in different ways but the religion itself is clear.

Also, I know people who dye their beards but wtf has that got to do with anything.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #20
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
14
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
From what I can remember, all the major Islamic organizations within the US condemned the actions of those persons involved with 9/11. The only groups that did not were from middle east and Central Asia.
LOL, thats what that is, its funny. I can SAY anything I fucking want, Im damn Jesus, and I walk on water. If you believe it I suggest you get your head checked.

Saying, and acting are two different ideas. And that is all this is about. They never act, they will not act, because extremists use threats, and violence against their own just like everyone else. If they dont go along with them, they are non believers and they will kill them. They will not stand up as a majority and put an end to it until those in power stand up, but that wont happen because those in power are there because the extremest are the ones that get them into power for their agenda.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
50
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
LOL, thats what that is, its funny. I can SAY anything I fucking want, Im damn Jesus, and I walk on water. If you believe it I suggest you get your head checked.

Saying, and acting are two different ideas. And that is all this is about. They never act, they will not act, because extremists use threats, and violence against their own just like everyone else. If they dont go along with them, they are non believers and they will kill them. They will not stand up as a majority and put an end to it until those in power stand up, but that wont happen because those in power are there because the extremest are the ones that get them into power for their agenda.

One more time Staff sergeant... Major organizations in the US condemn extreme views of Islam. They have taken actions, you should get yourself checked if you dont believe or better yet goto a few mosques yourself...

The red bearded fucks in the Middle east/Pakistan are pumping these Wahhabi Islamic schools creating animals like the Taliban. It is these people that did not and will not condemn the attacks on 9/11.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #22
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
14
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Yeah... You arent saying anything outside of what I did. They condemn all they want to they are blue in the face, then back door support them. Not all, but more than a few. And it propogates this, and it will not end untill Islam wants it to. Or at least someone in power stops speaking for them and starts speaking for Islam.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST