BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
BB_cornelius
Private
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Speakers went out...

Hey guys the speakers in my M3 keeps dying out, has anyone experienced this? This has happened several times, it completely dies out with no sound coming from the speakers then after a few days or sometimes hours it returns to normal again.

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I think should mention it. There were 2 instances when this happened and when I was about to pull out the key after turning the car off the speakers came back on. It was strange.

The first time it happened I thought it was because I blasted my music too loud. But I've stopped doing that but it still keeps doing this. Anyone?
BB_cornelius is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

sounds like the amp is overheating
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Doctor J
Captain
 
Doctor J's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver BC

Posts: 718
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cornelius View Post
Hey guys the speakers in my M3 keeps dying out, has anyone experienced this? This has happened several times, it completely dies out with no sound coming from the speakers then after a few days or sometimes hours it returns to normal again.

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I think should mention it. There were 2 instances when this happened and when I was about to pull out the key after turning the car off the speakers came back on. It was strange.

The first time it happened I thought it was because I blasted my music too loud. But I've stopped doing that but it still keeps doing this. Anyone?

could be a loose ground wire -- or your voicecoils are going

take it to the dealer
__________________
2010 BMW M3 vert with DCT & Akra
Doctor J is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Laurel, MD

Posts: 354
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cornelius View Post
Hey guys the speakers in my M3 keeps dying out, has anyone experienced this? This has happened several times, it completely dies out with no sound coming from the speakers then after a few days or sometimes hours it returns to normal again.

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I think should mention it. There were 2 instances when this happened and when I was about to pull out the key after turning the car off the speakers came back on. It was strange.

The first time it happened I thought it was because I blasted my music too loud. But I've stopped doing that but it still keeps doing this. Anyone?
I routinely have the entire passenger side speakers go out when I have the suspension set for its stiffest setting. No idea why. Change it back to comfort and they always come back on. Never had all of them go out.

However, this only happens when using the iPod connector. Never have any problems with radio or CD.
SonnyJack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
Doctor J
Captain
 
Doctor J's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver BC

Posts: 718
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
I routinely have the entire passenger side speakers go out when I have the suspension set for its stiffest setting. No idea why. Change it back to comfort and they always come back on. Never had all of them go out.

However, this only happens when using the iPod connector. Never have any problems with radio or CD.
try a new iPod connector
__________________
2010 BMW M3 vert with DCT & Akra
Doctor J is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Laurel, MD

Posts: 354
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post
try a new iPod connector
Yea, if it ever gets on my nerves enough I'll have to do that. So far it's just a minor annoyance.
SonnyJack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
BB_cornelius
Private
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post
could be a loose ground wire -- or your voicecoils are going

take it to the dealer
Yeah I would but I need the car for daily commute. Especially now since school/work is at its peak. How I wish I could get a rental from the dealership while the car is at the shop. Apparently I'm not old enough
BB_cornelius is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
ISAR
Private First Class
 
ISAR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lansing Mi

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Yep. Same here. The BMW dealership in Okemos couldn't find the problem so they contact BMW HQ someplace and they weren't sure why this happens.
__________________
ISAR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST