BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Sparta Evolution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #45
KnightsCapone
A pure fighting machine with only one desire - Win
United_States
3
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 M5 & 2015 F15 X5 5.0L
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SLC, Utah

iTrader: (3)

Im reading that ED cars take longer to clear customs...anybody know about this?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #46
JLac
Private First Class
3
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

My CA is telling me that I will be getting my car about 2-3 days from the time the vessel arrives at the port. Keep in mind my dealer is about 50 miles from the port.

I'm hoping and I mean REALLY HOPING that I can get the car by this Friday.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | AW | FR | 6MT | ZCP | ZTP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #47
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLac View Post
My CA is telling me that I will be getting my car about 2-3 days from the time the vessel arrives at the port. Keep in mind my dealer is about 50 miles from the port.

I'm hoping and I mean REALLY HOPING that I can get the car by this Friday.
haha same here!!! It would be a great way to start off the weekend.

Great news is our cars are off the boats, since it did leave to long beach now.

Well just have to wait and see..

btw my dealer i believe is like 10 miles away from the port

we should all definately meet somewhere once we all have our cars.
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 03:01 AM   #48
JLac
Private First Class
3
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
haha same here!!! It would be a great way to start off the weekend.

Great news is our cars are off the boats, since it did leave to long beach now.

Well just have to wait and see..

btw my dealer i believe is like 10 miles away from the port

we should all definately meet somewhere once we all have our cars.
AWESOME NEWS! Let me know if you hear anything from your CA!

I just noticed that our cars are nearly identical too!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | AW | FR | 6MT | ZCP | ZTP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 03:07 AM   #49
JLac
Private First Class
3
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Wait a minute, does the vessel unload at two different ports? If that's the case my car may still be on the damn vessel waiting for offload at the Long Beach port! DAMN IT!!!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | AW | FR | 6MT | ZCP | ZTP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #50
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLac View Post
Wait a minute, does the vessel unload at two different ports? If that's the case my car may still be on the damn vessel waiting for offload at the Long Beach port! DAMN IT!!!
u just have to find out which port your car is due at...

mine is due at port heuneme(sp?)
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #51
AMP
Private First Class
AMP's Avatar
2
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: E34, E39, & E60 M5; E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLac View Post
Wait a minute, does the vessel unload at two different ports? If that's the case my car may still be on the damn vessel waiting for offload at the Long Beach port! DAMN IT!!!
AFAIK BMWs only go to Hueneme for the West coast. It's either unloading another make at Long Beach or picking up something.
__________________
'12 Alpina B7 Alpina Blue/Black
'11 1M Coupe Alpine White
'11 M3 Coupe Silverstone/Black (sold)
'08 M6 Coupe Stratus/Black
'03 M5 Sedan Imola Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #52
M3TiAg
New Member
M3TiAg's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 E92 TiAg, '07 K1200S
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
AFAIK BMWs only go to Hueneme for the West coast. It's either unloading another make at Long Beach or picking up something.
Roger that. Port Hueneme is the only place in So Cal for BMWs to clear customs. You should look the satellite view of it in Google maps, it's huge!

My CA told me mine was released
to the carrier and should be at the dealship this weekend!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #53
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TiAg View Post
Roger that. Port Hueneme is the only place in So Cal for BMWs to clear customs. You should look the satellite view of it in Google maps, it's huge!

My CA told me mine was released
to the carrier and should be at the dealship this weekend!
woohOO!!!

where is ur dealer located
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #54
M3TiAg
New Member
M3TiAg's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 E92 TiAg, '07 K1200S
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
woohOO!!!

where is ur dealer located
I'll just say LA County until we hear from a few others. The EDs get extra attention from Customs because they where out of the "chain of custody" before they were loaded on the ship.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #55
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TiAg View Post
I'll just say LA County until we hear from a few others. The EDs get extra attention from Customs because they where out of the "chain of custody" before they were loaded on the ship.
is yours an ed ?

but god damn 1 day is very quick!
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #56
M3TiAg
New Member
M3TiAg's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 E92 TiAg, '07 K1200S
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
is yours an ed ?

but god damn 1 day is very quick!
No, mine went directly from the factory (Regensburg) to the train to Bremerhaven all with bonded couriers, so no red tape.

I just don't want to start any trouble and have somebody complain to my dealer if they have a longer wait.

BTW, the dealers have an incentive to get the cars ASAP because it's the end of the month and end of the quarter. They want to book the sales in June if possible.

Last edited by M3TiAg; 06-24-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #57
Xylarax
Enlisted Member
Xylarax's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i Montego
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bellevue,WA

iTrader: (0)

I've been told July 1-5. Any others in Seattle hearing something different?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #58
JLac
Private First Class
3
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

My car has arrived at my dealership!

Will be ready for me tomorrow afternoon!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | AW | FR | 6MT | ZCP | ZTP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #59
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLac View Post
My car has arrived at my dealership!

Will be ready for me tomorrow afternoon!


awesome post piks !
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #60
M3TiAg
New Member
M3TiAg's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 E92 TiAg, '07 K1200S
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Well, my CA said that my M3 will arrive at the dealership sometime today. He's recommended that I take delivery on Monday or Tuesday.

I put off clearing a space in my garage long enough.

Happy motoring JLac! I think we have the same dealership. My CA doesn't work on Sunday.

Last edited by M3TiAg; 06-26-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #61
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

My ca hopesit gets here today but he told me expected delivery is the 28th or 29th... We shall see

My mods sitting in my closet have been lonely enough! I'm really hoping for today as I'm free this whole weekend... But we shall see

The excitement is slowing building up, can't believe how fast time flew.
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #62
M3TiAg
New Member
M3TiAg's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 E92 TiAg, '07 K1200S
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
My ca hopesit gets here today but he told me expected delivery is the 28th or 29th... We shall see

My mods sitting in my closet have been lonely enough! I'm really hoping for today as I'm free this whole weekend... But we shall see

The excitement is slowing building up, can't believe how fast time flew.
I think they do some final prep at the dealer, things like CD changer cartridges, tinting, etc. So depending on their backlog, they may need a couple of days.

I see that they've added a bunch of Accessories to the Build Your Own webpage that weren't offered in March. I wonder if these can be added by the dealer.

Last edited by M3TiAg; 06-26-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #63
KnightsCapone
A pure fighting machine with only one desire - Win
United_States
3
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 M5 & 2015 F15 X5 5.0L
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SLC, Utah

iTrader: (3)

Anybody have news on ED cars clearing customs, VDC and on trucks?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #64
outie
Lieutenant
5
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlibra1974 View Post
Anybody have news on ED cars clearing customs, VDC and on trucks?
No, no news yet. ED cars can take up to 2 weeks to clear customs.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #65
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
1cleanm3's Avatar
Armenia
136
Rep
3,610
Posts

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

iTrader: (7)

i got my car

one word : wow
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #66
JLac
Private First Class
3
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

I got my car on Saturday! Everything went very smoothly at my dealership. 10/10 rating for South Bay BMW.

The car is a beast. The sound of the exhaust note is intoxicating. I'm going to quote my friend in saying that the car is just "JIZZTASTIC". I haven't really had a chance to take pics. I'll try to snap some shots tomorrow.

My only gripe about the e92 m3 is that it does require quite a bit gas to get it going, but once it's rolling the car will go with ease. Coming from a turbo E36 M3, I can't say the e92 M3 is an absolute speedster, but you can tell that the power is definitely there. The best way to describe the car is that it is very balanced. The handling is definitely better than my modded E36 M3 even though it's substantially heavier. The center of gravity feels extremely low when taking corners. All in all, I am very happy with the car. You guys will experience all this for yourselves soon...
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | AW | FR | 6MT | ZCP | ZTP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST