BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #67
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,626
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
As usual, all these posts and no one points out that the ZCP package also includes M dynamic traction control. You can't add that aftermarket. The dynamic steering is also ZCP specific, but is perhaps less of a benefit.
All M3s have M Dynamic Mode for DSC. ZCP merely has a different program that is less intrusive. As for the steering maps - they are identical for ZCP and non-ZCP cars.
__________________
-
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #68
Gee-klaw
Private First Class
 
Gee-klaw's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Midlands UK

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
As usual, all these posts and no one points out that the ZCP package also includes M dynamic traction control. You can't add that aftermarket. The dynamic steering is also ZCP specific, but is perhaps less of a benefit.
Sorry mate - if you state facts you need to be sure they are correct.

"Dynamic Steering ZCP specific" - are you making this up or what?!!

Plus, can I refer you to this:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=554248&page=3

post 57

Sorry if I sound harsh but I think people should post opinion or fact. If you claim it is fact get it right.

So much BS sometimes - people really show themselves up as ignorant.

I am new here - my E92 has less than 300 miles on the clock. This is a great place to share info, learn some stuff, make friends and source parts. It's like a computer tho. Put shit in get shit out. Opinions are fine - we all know what they are worth. But inaccurate info purported as fact is actually quite damaging.

Not picking on anyone in particular - just frustrated with in accuracies and mis-guided posts.
__________________
Cayman R

Last edited by Gee-klaw; 08-10-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Soften the blow!
Gee-klaw is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #69
rye m3
Lieutenant
 
rye m3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York

Posts: 489
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I would not be surprised to see this as a dealer flash option later on.
Can't think of an example of that happening in the past. I suppose it's possible.
__________________
E92 M3 MR on Red/Black ZCP Sound
Carbon

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
rye m3 is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #70
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^^ Why would BMW do that though? Would decrease the value of their ZCP option.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #71
stefan
Colonel
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
^^ Why would BMW do that though? Would decrease the value of their ZCP option.
I hear you, but the "performance reflash" option comes to mind for the N55. At one point it was exclusive to the performance kit in the N54, then a $2000 option, and now a $500 option for the N55 IIRC. So I wouldn't rule it out.
__________________
///M Power - 2011.75 LMB M3 6MT (fuelly)
stefan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #72
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baton Rouge

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
Can't think of an example of that happening in the past. I suppose it's possible.
Something tells me an aftermarket company would crack and redistribute this code before BMW would offer it as a purchasable upgrade.

Besides the market for a "slightly less intrusive" traction control system is very small. M3 buyers (opinion coming...) tend to be in two camps. They are either track junkies who want as many nannies off as possible, or they are "status symbol" owners who probably ned as many nannies as they can get for the few times they decide to test out what the car is capable of so they don't increase the chance of wrecking their car.

There are a few people who float in the middle and would like the little extra room to play. But most people who avoid the ZCP package either love the car the way it is (Camp Status) or plan their own series of modifications to have fun with the car (Camp Junkie). And those in the middle probably had enough foresight at purchase to get the ZCP package and be done with it.
shaq diesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #73
checkmate
Major
 
checkmate's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

I didn't order the Comp Pkge because I didn't care for the ZCP wheels or EDC.

I plan on putting coilovers after the warranty is done so the EDC would've been more a pain to deal with. Plus struts with EDC cost much more than w/o EDC so it definitely helps financially.

The 220M forged wheels complement the car so well that I could not pass it up for the ZCP.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red E90 M3. Sunroof Delete/DCT/No power seats/Square Apex ARC8s+ PSS /ACM Exhaust Mod+ EAS Tips
Click Picture below for Journal


checkmate is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #74
ChrisK
Brigadier General
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,855
iTrader: (4)

ZCP gives you the following:

1) 10mm drop
2) 359M Wheels
3) Electronic Damping Control (EDC) Sport+ mode is now Dynamic (Non-ZCP has a Static map for Sport+)
3) Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) (Slightly Tweaked)


If you are going to track the car, probably a good buy. Otherwise the car is exactly the same.

Now, in retrospect - if I could have gotten comp wheels in black right out of the gate, I may have gotten ZCP.
__________________

2011 E92 M3: AW/BLK • DCT
Europäische Lieferung am 6. August 2010
ChrisK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST