BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #45
regensburg94
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
158
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
+1 That's the difference between Americans and the Europeans. Most Americans get cars and never know anything about them or let alone ever actually look at the MANUAL that it came with. Europeans on the other hand usually tend to read the thing cover to cover. I have the Manual in the car and one on the computer that I read page after page while I was anticipating my cars arrival.
The Run Flat Tire issue officially turns into an international incident sparking WW III.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #46
BigHat
Lieutenant
BigHat's Avatar
6
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3 E93
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
+1 That's the difference between Americans and the Europeans. Most Americans get cars and never know anything about them or let alone ever actually look at the MANUAL that it came with. Europeans on the other hand usually tend to read the thing cover to cover. I have the Manual in the car and one on the computer that I read page after page while I was anticipating my cars arrival.
Quite the gross, totally baseless generalization. And you're posting that from PA? You contradict your own post. I suspect many US owners pour over the manuals the best they can prior to ownership. Of course, the combo manual for all 3 series cars is all that I ever found available in the owner's section on line. That contains as much disinformation as information until you get the car and have the M car supplement. Agree though that someone really has to be NOT paying attention to think they have RFTs once they pickup the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #47
VanM3Lover
First Lieutenant
VanM3Lover's Avatar
7
Rep
395
Posts

 
Drives: 4.0 V8
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Van

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazedog View Post
yesss they are run flats. you can go up to 50 miles on them traveling no faster than 50mph i think. but they def are.
Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazedog View Post
i also have the 19's w/ the Continental ContiSportContact 3 tires. When i got my flat the dealership told me to just ride on over. i was only 15miles away. But gettin flatbeded is always a plus!
Failed dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #48
Georgeair
Captain
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: McKinney, TX

iTrader: (2)

But, but, saying it over and over must make it SO.

Good grief.....
__________________
Objects in mirror are slower than they appear.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #49
SchnellM3
Digger
SchnellM3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
2,616
Posts

 
Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pa

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
Quite the gross, totally baseless generalization. And you're posting that from PA? You contradict your own post. I suspect many US owners pour over the manuals the best they can prior to ownership. Of course, the combo manual for all 3 series cars is all that I ever found available in the owner's section on line. That contains as much disinformation as information until you get the car and have the M car supplement. Agree though that someone really has to be NOT paying attention to think they have RFTs once they pickup the car.
I'm not seeing how my post in conflicting. Just because I am currently living in Pennsylvania does not mean that I am American, and even if I am I did not state that all Americans never read over any section of the manual. I am just saying that when it comes to this aspect of vehicle ownership, most people overlook the important information that they usually have at their disposal.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #50
Lemon Jelly M3
Lieutenant
Lemon Jelly M3's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
478
Posts

 
Drives: M3 (E90,ZCP,6MT)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

I know 2008 model M3's don't come with runflat tires.

2008 M3 - hell no
2009 M3 - maybe
2010 M3 - I don't no
2011 M3 - I don't no













Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #51
schnell325
Bored at work....
schnell325's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
3,875
Posts

 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonOne View Post
I know 2008 model M3's don't come with runflat tires.

2008 M3 - hell no
2009 M3 - maybe
2010 M3 - I don't no
2011 M3 - I don't no














__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #52
Finnegan
Major General
Finnegan's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
6,507
Posts

 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

iTrader: (18)

51 posts on whether we have RFTs or not? And now I've just made it 52....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #53
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
51 posts on whether we have RFTs or not? And now I've just made it 52....
My exact thoughts.....
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #54
asp17
First Lieutenant
asp17's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 F10 550i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MIA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to asp17
Soooo No RFTs on my M?
__________________
ASP
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #55
comebackid
First Lieutenant
United_States
15
Rep
317
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I can't believe this thread made it to three pages...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #56
pittsy
Captain
pittsy's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
860
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

M cars DO NOT come with run flats...end of thread
__________________
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #57
asp17
First Lieutenant
asp17's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 F10 550i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MIA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to asp17
Ok Ok no RFT on the M. I get it.
__________________
ASP
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #58
New_m3
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Yes! There aren't any runflats on Ms!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST