BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
236
Rep
10,257
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
i am actually quite suprised "you" bought something from them. i would have figured you would have an Akrapovic or something of that nature
I didn't. I bought used and saved a BUNDLE.

I like nice mods and demand quality but I am not a brand snob. I'm also into minimizing my losses from modding.
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray on Fox Red | M-DCT | CF Roof | RAC RG63 Wheels | Brembo 380mm BBK |
| Vorsteiner Ti Exhaust | Matte Black Grilles/Side Gills/Rear Emblem/Mirrors |
| Alekshop Back up Camera | GP Thunders | BMW Aluminum Pedals | Elite Angels |
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #24
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
26
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

fair enough, just after reading your work in the diff thread i was stunned to read you bought a vorsteiner product when i personally have only seen overpriced crap from them but i guess they have started making better stuff

i'm no brand snob either but i refuse to put junk on my car whether it be 70k or 7k i search out a better product. people can say what they want about Dinan but after 3 M cars and over 100k miles on the products i have yet to find any flaws or problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I didn't. I bought used and saved a BUNDLE.

I like nice mods and demand quality but I am not a brand snob. I'm also into minimizing my losses from modding.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #25
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
236
Rep
10,257
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
fair enough, just after reading your work in the diff thread i was stunned to read you bought a vorsteiner product when i personally have only seen overpriced crap from them but i guess they have started making better stuff

i'm no brand snob either but i refuse to put junk on my car whether it be 70k or 7k i search out a better product. people can say what they want about Dinan but after 3 M cars and over 100k miles on the products i have yet to find any flaws or problems
Keep in mind the difference between a cosmetic mod and a performance mod. Since most cat back systems give you no real appreciable power gains (maybe a couple hp at best) I call them cosmetic. They can improve looks and sounds (both subjectively of course). My evaluation of the V. exhaust is that it does both exceptionally well. You can't call me wrong here since both opinions are entirely subjective.

On the other hand I'd never call a diff a cosmetic mod. Whether or not the Dinan diff is of exceptional quality is a secondary issue to whatever performance gains it provides. Let's try not to get too much thread "cross talk" here. Cheers.
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray on Fox Red | M-DCT | CF Roof | RAC RG63 Wheels | Brembo 380mm BBK |
| Vorsteiner Ti Exhaust | Matte Black Grilles/Side Gills/Rear Emblem/Mirrors |
| Alekshop Back up Camera | GP Thunders | BMW Aluminum Pedals | Elite Angels |
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 01:31 AM   #26
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
26
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

iTrader: (4)

def agree the cat back is more of a sound good mod then for power. good to hear the vorst one is of good quality i personally have never seen it in person just there other products

wasn't calling it wrong just was suprised that is all. agreed enough cross talk, later

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Keep in mind the difference between a cosmetic mod and a performance mod. Since most cat back systems give you no real appreciable power gains (maybe a couple hp at best) I call them cosmetic. They can improve looks and sounds (both subjectively of course). My evaluation of the V. exhaust is that it does both exceptionally well. You can't call me wrong here since both opinions are entirely subjective.

On the other hand I'd never call a diff a cosmetic mod. Whether or not the Dinan diff is of exceptional quality is a secondary issue to whatever performance gains it provides. Let's try not to get too much thread "cross talk" here. Cheers.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST