BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

ESS Tuning

05-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
vividracing
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 DCT

Send a message via AIM to vividracing
Change exhaust tone - by phone? Armytrix ◄♦► Vivid Racing

We've been checking out the Armytrix exhaust system we're starting to sell and honestly, this is among the coolest systems we've worked with. The kind of stuff you can do with the exhaust is new to the market and the Armytrix app for your iPhone or Android makes it happen. You can change how your exhaust SOUNDS for one thing, opening and closing the valves on the exhaust for normal driving to open for high performance (also sound!)

Second, because the Armytrix dongle plugs into the OBDII port, you can also see diagnostic stats on your car including temperatures, fuel/air ratio, RPM's, and more. Being through Bluetooth, the changes are shown instantaneously and can be logged for tuning purposes!

No other exhaust on the market today has the capabilities like Armytrix, and having this system can connect you to your car more than ever before. We made a video about the things you can do with the Armytrix app, check it out below.

Read the post, see more pics and see the Armytrix exhausts on the Vivid Racing blog here.

Sean - Product Sales / 480-966-3040 x226 / sean@vividracing.com
RyanG - Forum Support / ryang@vividracing.com

Last edited by vividracing; 05-08-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Sick of hearing about how this and other Taiwanese exhaust are being whored out everywhere on everyone's exotic. Marketing= good... Fanboy taiwan mufflers= annoying

So gimmicky. Who needs all that crap? Just give me good mufflers that sound good.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
dgoldenz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Sick of hearing about how this and other Taiwanese exhaust are being whored out everywhere on everyone's exotic. Marketing= good... Fanboy taiwan mufflers= annoying

So gimmicky. Who needs all that crap? Just give me good mufflers that sound good.
Sounds pretty good IMO...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Sounds pretty good IMO...
Sounds alright.. But the price is silly, and the gimmicky iphone APP is ridiculous. Hold on while driivng, open app, open valves,
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
MFL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Obnoxiously loud and overpriced, Glad to see them incorporating technology more though.

However, I'd consider it if I REALLY hated my neighbors.
      05-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
WickedE93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
Obnoxiously loud and overpriced, Glad to see them incorporating technology more though.

I hate mine! Take my MONEY!!! lol jk, jk, at least this version has nice tips.
Gintani Supercharger/ Custom catless x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
dgoldenz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post

Isn't the point of having a valved exhaust to be able to close it and not be obnoxiously loud? I have Eisenmann race + catless xpipe, my neighbors must love me
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
vividracing
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 DCT

Send a message via AIM to vividracing
Quote:
Sounds alright.. But the price is silly, and the gimmicky iphone APP is ridiculous. Hold on while driivng, open app, open valves,
It is a little more involved than just opening and closing valves with the App. Agreed the sound output may not be for everyone, but there is definitely a following of "the louder the better" guys.

"the Armytrix dongle plugs into the OBDII port, you can also see diagnostic stats on your car including temperatures, fuel/air ratio, RPM's, and more. Being through Bluetooth, the changes are shown instantaneously and can be logged for tuning purposes!"

Sean - Product Sales / 480-966-3040 x226 / sean@vividracing.com
RyanG - Forum Support / ryang@vividracing.com
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #9
loveskiing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing
Quote:
It is a little more involved than just opening and closing valves with the App. Agreed the sound output may not be for everyone, but there is definitely a following of "the louder the better" guys.

"the Armytrix dongle plugs into the OBDII port, you can also see diagnostic stats on your car including temperatures, fuel/air ratio, RPM's, and more. Being through Bluetooth, the changes are shown instantaneously and can be logged for tuning purposes!"
+1
I agree there is a segment that thinks the louder the better at 110, 120 or even 130 dB...
What some may not realize is that anything over 85 dB you can begin to have auditory damage... the ears like the skin and so many other organs doesn't forget...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 11:46 PM   #10
Tracyis300
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Funny that he throws the remote away, because if he was in L.A.? He'll be looking for it, since it's illegal to operate a vehicle while using a phone!
Appreciate 0