BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
BoxerGT2.5
Private
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chi-Town

Posts: 72
iTrader: (1)

Public Service Announcement.......

This is very important we need to stop the spread of this disease.

Information about Gonorrhea Lectim

The Center for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new virulent strain of this old disease. The disease is called Gonorrhea Lectim. It's pronounced "Gonna re-elect 'em," and it is a terrible obamanation.

The disease is contracted through dangerous and high risk behavior involving putting your cranium up your rectum. Many victims contracted it in 2008...but now most people, after having been infected for the past 1-2 years, are starting to realize how destructive this sickness is.

It's sad because Gonorrhea Lectim is easily cured with a new drug just coming on the market called Votemout. You take the first dose in 2010 and the second dose in 2012 and simply don't engage in such behavior again; otherwise, it could become permanent and eventually wipe out all life as we know it.

Several states are already on top of this, like Virginia and New Jersey , and apparently now Massachusetts , with many more seeing the writing on the wall.
BoxerGT2.5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,754
iTrader: (1)

That made me laugh.

IBT vagina whining.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

That shit was dumb. Not because it's particularly offensive to my policital view, but mostly because it's poorly written and tries too hard to be funny.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
lambtron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

I lol'd a bit.
__________________
lambtron is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
That shit was dumb. Not because it's particularly offensive to my policital view, but mostly because it's poorly written and tries too hard to be funny.
What's funny is that you call something like that out for "trying to be too funny". haha.

Yea, no shit, the whole thing is a joke built on wordplay, but funny nonetheless.

I thought it was clever; of course if someone came out with something pro-Obama, I wouldn't think it was so clever. So is life, so is politics.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
What's funny is that you call something like that out for "trying to be too funny". haha.

Yea, no shit, the whole thing is a joke built on wordplay, but funny nonetheless.

I thought it was clever; of course if someone came out with something pro-Obama, I wouldn't think it was so clever. So is life, so is politics.
I didn't say it was trying to be too funny. That would imply that it was funny to begin with. It was trying too hard to be funny, which it wasn't. It's not wordplay when you have to read it in redneck English to understand what the fuck is going on.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
No humor here, nothing to see, move along please...
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,754
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
No humor here, nothing to see, move along please...
Of course it's not funny if you don't agree with it.

If the same joke had come out about Bush, you would have laughed and the conservatives would have harrumphed.

Fortunately for me, I can't stand politicians for the most part, so all these jokes are funny.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
lambtron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Of course it's not funny if you don't agree with it.

If the same joke had come out about Bush, you would have laughed and the conservatives would have harrumphed.

Fortunately for me, I can't stand politicians for the most part, so all these jokes are funny.
+1. Too many people get their panties in a knot over harmless jokes.
__________________
lambtron is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
No humor here, nothing to see, move along please...
Just truth shrouded under a veil of satire, right?
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Just truth shrouded under a veil of satire, right?
No, just saying that I didn't find it that funny. If you want to say it's truth, you'd have to explain that to me.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
I chuckled. A lot better done than that other email thing that ended up as a quality of life shit sling (thanks in no small part to yours truly)
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Fortunately for me, I can't stand politicians for the most part
Wow after that initial thread I didn't think I'd find myself agreeing with as much as I have, first Gretsky, now politicians...
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
No, just saying that I didn't find it that funny. If you want to say it's truth, you'd have to explain that to me.
I've made myself clear enough over the past year without giving you fodder to tell me that I'm wrong because of this or that technicality or that my moral compass is pointing in the wrong direction.

There's been enough threads on this board in the past 6 months to fill up the BP dome, and you think that I'm going to step into the flaming inferno and give you a detailed response (which has been covered ad nauseam in other various threads) to a very generalized (albeit truthful, at least in my eyes) satire as to why I do not think Barack Obama and his policies have any place in this country?

No thank you, I can call it truth without wasting my time explaining something to you that you aren't even going to consider agreeing with and probably won't even read entirely before becoming distracted because you've set your Obama screensaver to come on too often
__________________

Last edited by bolinp78; 05-05-2010 at 04:02 PM.
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I've made myself clear enough over the past year without giving you fodder to tell me that I'm wrong because of this or that technicality or that my moral compass is pointing in the wrong direction.

There's been enough threads on this board in the past 6 months to fill up the BP dome, and you think that I'm going to step into the flaming inferno and give you a detailed response (which has been covered ad nauseam in other various threads) to a very generalized (albeit truthful, at least in my eyes) satire as to why I do not think Barack Obama and his policies have any place in this country?

No thank you, I can call it truth without wasting my time explaining something to you that you aren't even going to consider agreeing with and probably won't even read entirely before becoming distracted because you've set your Obama screensaver to come on too often
Ahhh isn't truthiness great
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #16
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,005
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Ahhh isn't truthiness great
And your response is a word coined by Colbert.

I won't even dignify that with a further comment, except to say that my position isn't supported solely by my gut.
__________________

Last edited by bolinp78; 05-06-2010 at 08:47 AM.
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
fdsasdasdf
Captain
 
fdsasdasdf's Avatar
 
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 779
iTrader: (0)

ITT: Republicans failing to be clever and butthurt democrats.
fdsasdasdf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST