BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GTB Performance

05-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Angioguy
United_States

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi COUPE

2011 M3 Convertible Questions

I'm very close to getting the '11 M3 'vert, a first for me (so apologies if these questions seem a bit remedial for all you M3 enthusiasts), but I would be grateful for the help...

1) On the BMW website, they make no mention of run-flats for either the stock 18" rims or the upgraded 19" wheels; they do mention the "M Mobility System." What does this mean exactly?

2) Aside from the $1900 price tag and 825 watt amp, how does the stock sound system differ from the "upgraded" premium sound system in terms of # of speakers, amp, etc? Other than the silver tone color (versus black in the standard system) of the speakers, I can't see a difference in terms of controls and overall layout. Does the stock sound system sound decent or should I take the plunge?

3) Other threads suggest that the M3 head restraints have the ability to tilt forward and back and allow for vertical adjustment, whereas the 3-series are only vertically adjustable-- is this true?

4) Does the new M3 'vert have fog lamps?

5) Any new exterior/interior color options on the horizon for MY '11 other than those shown on bmwusa.com?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
notwen

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe

I just took delivery yesterday of an '11 Vert, so a few things. If i miss something/get it wrong I'm sure someone will catch!

The tires are not run-flat, they are the regular conti's (on mine). They come with a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk which they give the fancy name of "bmw mobility system" to...

I have the premium sound, it sounds nice, but not great. Have not listened to the non-premium sound in an e93..

Yes you can move the headrests up/down and back/forward

no foglamps on the '11

there are a couple of new options coming that i know of. I believe these are all for September and later production

- new colors like Mineral White (I was close to ordering brilliant white...salesman told me I should wait because mineral white is coming)
- next upgrade for the idrive including album art for ipod connectivity (!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
signes
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: E90 M3

Responses below in blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angioguy View Post
I'm very close to getting the '11 M3 'vert, a first for me (so apologies if these questions seem a bit remedial for all you M3 enthusiasts), but I would be grateful for the help...

1) On the BMW website, they make no mention of run-flats for either the stock 18" rims or the upgraded 19" wheels; they do mention the "M Mobility System." What does this mean exactly? No runflat tires for the M3. You get an air compressor and tire goo that will temporarily plug certain puncture so that you can drive to a service station.

2) Aside from the $1900 price tag and 825 watt amp, how does the stock sound system differ from the "upgraded" premium sound system in terms of # of speakers, amp, etc? Other than the silver tone color (versus black in the standard system) of the speakers, I can't see a difference in terms of controls and overall layout. Does the stock sound system sound decent or should I take the plunge? I think the stock system is okay but I am no audiophile. $1900 seems steep to me, but I will say having an E46 vert, if you want good sound with the top down, the extra capability of premium audio might be nice to have.

3) Other threads suggest that the M3 head restraints have the ability to tilt forward and back and allow for vertical adjustment, whereas the 3-series are only vertically adjustable-- is this true? Headrests no longer allow for tilt.

4) Does the new M3 'vert have fog lamps? No, no E9x M3 has fogs (thankfully...)

5) Any new exterior/interior color options on the horizon for MY '11 other than those shown on bmwusa.com? No, apart from BMW Individual colors which will set you back $5k for paint and a similar amount (?) for Individual leather (if you can find a dealer that is familiar with the process.)

Thanks in advance!
It is a great car, hope this helps.
Appreciate 0