BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #23
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
who's the guy with the bow-tie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing
Virgin Racing Test Driver Andy Soucek
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #24
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
5,320
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
and apparently he needs a new shaver....
i dun get why f1 drivers like to leave their facial hair on?

its like the engineers design to squeese every little ounce to make things lighter....then there's facial hair.....

why dun they just clean shave and bald?

just saying.....=/
I LOATHE shaving so I can't fault him for the scruff. I doubt that hair weighs enough to impact the driving.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2014 CC R-Line DSG | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
119
Rep
5,320
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
and apparently he needs a new shaver....
i dun get why f1 drivers like to leave their facial hair on?

its like the engineers design to squeese every little ounce to make things lighter....then there's facial hair.....

why dun they just clean shave and bald?

just saying.....=/
I LOATHE shaving so I can't fault him for the scruff. I doubt that hair weighs enough to impact the driving.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2014 CC R-Line DSG | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #26
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
pics...

new updates for the merc cars and we can see Pirelli representatives are presenting their proposal to the FIA this weekend.
Attached Images
               
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #27
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

That air intake looks pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #28
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
11
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: Estoril Bue 435i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

first time i've seen something like that air intake... ever.

that's a bad shot of rosberg lol... webber calls him britney lol

soucek, eh? did anybody else kinda get depressed when new F1 drivers started being younger than you?
__________________
435i Coupe
Estoril Blue on Black
X Drive, M Sport Package Stage II, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #29
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
first time i've seen something like that air intake... ever.

that's a bad shot of rosberg lol... webber calls him britney lol

soucek, eh? did anybody else kinda get depressed when new F1 drivers started being younger than you?
Neh, Ferrari has done it in 1989 already...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #30
cb4
Captain
cb4's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
868
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (1)

What's the forecast? Rain I hope.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #31
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
11
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: Estoril Bue 435i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Neh, Ferrari has done it in 1989 already...
I see I see... I have to confess I've only been watching since 98...
__________________
435i Coupe
Estoril Blue on Black
X Drive, M Sport Package Stage II, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #32
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
I see I see... I have to confess I've only been watching since 98...
I watched races in early 90's only...then has some blank period when TV in Hong Kong doesn't show F1 anymore (Star TV Asia)....until 2006-2007 when i started watching when I got cable TV and SPEED.....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #33
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4 View Post
What's the forecast? Rain I hope.
Forecast rain on Friday and Saturday, overcast but cool temperature on Sunday....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #34
BudVlad
Old Geezer
BudVlad's Avatar
Czech_Republic
54
Rep
1,015
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
First practice

McLaren set the top two times, with Hamilton half a second ahead of Jenson Button.

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:21.134
2. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 0.538
3. Schumacher Mercedes + 0.582
4. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 0.877
5. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 0.892
6. Rosberg Mercedes + 0.936

Second practice

Red Bull on top
1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:19.965
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 0.210
3. Schumacher Mercedes + 0.792
4. Alonso Ferrari + 0.854
5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 1.226
6. Kubica Renault + 1.237



BTW: I just realized how old am I compared to you guys. I saw first F1 race at Mosport in 1967. I was lucky to see Jim Clark racing live. Next year at Mont Tremblant I got even luckier. I was racing in the morning pre-race events and mat Graham Hill, Jackie Steward, Jacki Ickx, Bruce McLaren Ö The garages were tents at that time! What a change!
__________________

Last edited by BudVlad; 05-07-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #35
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
11
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: Estoril Bue 435i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

total threadjack: are you going to the canadian gp this year?
__________________
435i Coupe
Estoril Blue on Black
X Drive, M Sport Package Stage II, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #36
BudVlad
Old Geezer
BudVlad's Avatar
Czech_Republic
54
Rep
1,015
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
I’ll be going to Montreal but I don’t like the track as much as Mosport and Mont Tremblant.
__________________

Last edited by BudVlad; 05-07-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #37
Alpine3
Lieutenant Colonel
Alpine3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
1,665
Posts

Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudVlad View Post
First practice

McLaren set the top two times, with Hamilton half a second ahead of Jenson Button.

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:21.134
2. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 0.538
3. Schumacher Mercedes + 0.582
4. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 0.877
5. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 0.892
6. Rosberg Mercedes + 0.936

Second practice

Red Bull on top
1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:19.965
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 0.210
3. Schumacher Mercedes + 0.792
4. Alonso Ferrari + 0.854
5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 1.226
6. Kubica Renault + 1.237



BTW: I just realized how old am I compared to you guys. I saw first F1 race at Mosport in 1967. I was lucky to see Jim Clark racing live. Next year at Mont Tremblant I got even luckier. I was racing in the morning pre-race events and mat Graham Hill, Jackie Steward, Jacki Ickx, Bruce McLaren Ö The garages were tents at that time! What a change!
looks like someones been a busy bee
__________________
E9X Picture Game: 8 points: (High visibility jacket; Strip Club; Pizzeria; Sobriety Test; E9x dressed for Halloween, Billiards, Oil Change, Orange Cone)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #38
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
PIcs.
Attached Images
                              
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #39
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
11
Rep
901
Posts

Drives: Estoril Bue 435i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

well, here I go again... SCHUMACHER 3rd!!! wohoo! der meister ist zurueck!
__________________
435i Coupe
Estoril Blue on Black
X Drive, M Sport Package Stage II, Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #40
GuyOh
Lieutenant Colonel
GuyOh's Avatar
Canada
27
Rep
1,839
Posts

Drives: 08 AW 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
awesome, keep the pics coming!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 02:23 AM   #41
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
pics
Attached Images
                  
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #42
BudVlad
Old Geezer
BudVlad's Avatar
Czech_Republic
54
Rep
1,015
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
Red Bull still dominant in final practice

Dry session, expected rain didnít come. 20 minutes into the session Petrov and Kobayashi crashed and session was red flagged for 8 minutes. Kobayashi ended in the gravel trap but Petrov crashed in the tyre barriers.

1. Vettel 1:20.528
2. Webber + 0.704
3. Hamilton + 0.820
4. Button + 0.848
5. Schumacher + 1.055
6. Massa + 1.221
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #43
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
39
Rep
1,431
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
total threadjack: are you going to the canadian gp this year?
There is already a thread for this. A bunch of us are heading up for the Montreal GP
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #44
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
909
Rep
61,209
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Damn! The RBRs are F***ING FAST!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST