BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #23
nmulax
Brigadier General
 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

Posts: 4,323
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
After 11 hours at work today, it made my day to come home and catch that 3rd period!

Way to go Habs!
__________________
nmulax is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
After 11 hours at work today, it made my day to come home and catch that 3rd period!

Way to go Habs!
+1

Good job on the ice tonight.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #25
james426
Private
 
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 78
iTrader: (1)

Go Habs Go! Yes I'm in Toronto

Anyway did the crowds riot in the street after the first round win over Washington? lol

Last edited by james426; 05-06-2010 at 10:00 PM.
james426 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #26
Cyrax91
Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
 
Cyrax91's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M & FP Green DBB WW Evo
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NM

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (17)

Im a Wings fan, but im routing hard core for the Habs to pull this one out!!! Crosby is a BITCH!!!
__________________
135i M Sport - FP Green DBB WW Evo IX GSR tuned at 524whp
Cyrax91 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #27
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlakos91 View Post
Im a Wings fan, but im routing hard core for the Habs to pull this one out!!! Crosby is a BITCH!!!
LOL every hockey fan hates Crosby outside of Pittsburgh. General concensus is he's a whiny bitch. I think he'd get more respect if he wasn't such a pansy, because he's a really good player. Complete vag though.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #28
Cyrax91
Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
 
Cyrax91's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M & FP Green DBB WW Evo
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NM

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
LOL every hockey fan hates Crosby outside of Pittsburgh. General concensus is he's a whiny bitch. I think he'd get more respect if he wasn't such a pansy, because he's a really good player. Complete vag though.
Ya dude total vag. He's such a whinny little bitch ha. I hate Malkin too god he's ugly as shit.

It would be cool to see the 8th seeded Habs in the conference finals though. I have to admit I love the way their fans celebrate the game. Reminds me of going to visit the family in Greece and watching soccer games live. Just crazy fun. True passion for the game.
__________________
135i M Sport - FP Green DBB WW Evo IX GSR tuned at 524whp
Cyrax91 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlakos91 View Post
I hate Malkin too god he's ugly as shit.
That's a little bit homo.

I hate Malkin too; he can be a real cheap shot, but he generally doesn't whine or dive (although I have seen him embellish a couple times, it's nowhere near the frequency of Crosby). I'd rather have him on my team than Crosby.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
Cyrax91
Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
 
Cyrax91's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M & FP Green DBB WW Evo
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NM

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
That's a little bit homo.

I hate Malkin too; he can be a real cheap shot, but he generally doesn't whine or dive (although I have seen him embellish a couple times, it's nowhere near the frequency of Crosby). I'd rather have him on my team than Crosby.

He's a bitch. Im just saying he looks like a pig or something.
__________________
135i M Sport - FP Green DBB WW Evo IX GSR tuned at 524whp
Cyrax91 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #31
nmulax
Brigadier General
 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

Posts: 4,323
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
It'd be awesome to see Montreal, Detroit, Chicago and Boston in the next round.
All Original Six teams!
__________________
nmulax is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
It'd be awesome to see Montreal, Detroit, Chicago and Boston in the next round.
All Original Six teams!
Yeah well that would require Detroit to reverse age its blue line 20 years apiece and materialize a goaltender who wasn't born with head-in-ass syndrome. We did that for one game. I don't think we can do it for three more in a row. Possible, but very doubtful.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #33
GAM3OVR85
Major General
 
GAM3OVR85's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,042
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah well that would require Detroit to reverse age its blue line 20 years apiece and materialize a goaltender who wasn't born with head-in-ass syndrome. We did that for one game. I don't think we can do it for three more in a row. Possible, but very doubtful.
who thought the habs would win 3 games in the row against the number 1 team in the NHL.....anything is possible!!
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
GAM3OVR85 is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #34
GAM3OVR85
Major General
 
GAM3OVR85's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,042
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlakos91 View Post
Im a Wings fan, but im routing hard core for the Habs to pull this one out!!! Crosby is a BITCH!!!
+10000

I fking hate him!!
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
GAM3OVR85 is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #35
TheDealer
New Member
 
Drives: E93 M3 2010, F25 X3 2011
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Last game Habs got lucky, but today, they'll own .
TheDealer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #36
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
who thought the habs would win 3 games in the row against the number 1 team in the NHL.....anything is possible!!
I'm the last to buy into conspiracy theories, but the only thing you can say about the officiating in the Detroit-SJ series was that the calls were consistent - as in consistently awful.... Seems like the Sharks were able to take advantage of every one of the most questionable calls.... Shame; it would have been a great series had the refs not been so ridiculously bad. The Sharks are a great team and it would have been nice to have a "fair" series.

And another thing I noticed is that apparently it's a penalty in itself for Franzen to lace up his skates and take the ice.... Did he get caught boning Buttman's wife or something? Hell, he even got put in the box when he was the one who took a stick to the face. Amazing.

I think the NHL needs to start looking at keeping crews together for the entire series. It seems like the players have a harder time gauging what the "rules" are when you're shuffling the refs so often. Plus, I know they're briefed and everything, but it's nice to know you've got a crew out there in a game 7 who is aware of who has been diving all series, and who has a chip on their shoulder aimed at whomever else....

I dunno.... Wings could have played better, and probably weren't the better team on the ice this time around.... I'm just disappointed that poor officiating had such a profound effect on the outcome of the games. If you look at the most crucial points in the game where SJ went ahead or caught up in the 3rd period, you see that the 5-on-3's were resultant of calls that wouldn't even have been made in the regular season, let alone the playoffs. I don't know if this is Buttman's ultimatum to keep the league exciting by keeping either one team or the other on the power play for a majority of the game, but I seem to remember the playoffs being physical and having better flow when they didn't call so much of the non-existant or questionable stuff.

I noticed the same thing last night watching Chicago and Vancouver. Although Vancouver eventually started committing obvious and stupid penalties, their slide started when there were some really iffy calls. I've never seen officiating mistakes take over games like they have this year.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #37
Cyrax91
Eat Sleep Rave Repeat
 
Cyrax91's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M & FP Green DBB WW Evo
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NM

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (17)

+ 10000000000

Its sad the way they have taken over the playoffs this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I'm the last to buy into conspiracy theories, but the only thing you can say about the officiating in the Detroit-SJ series was that the calls were consistent - as in consistently awful.... Seems like the Sharks were able to take advantage of every one of the most questionable calls.... Shame; it would have been a great series had the refs not been so ridiculously bad. The Sharks are a great team and it would have been nice to have a "fair" series.

And another thing I noticed is that apparently it's a penalty in itself for Franzen to lace up his skates and take the ice.... Did he get caught boning Buttman's wife or something? Hell, he even got put in the box when he was the one who took a stick to the face. Amazing.

I think the NHL needs to start looking at keeping crews together for the entire series. It seems like the players have a harder time gauging what the "rules" are when you're shuffling the refs so often. Plus, I know they're briefed and everything, but it's nice to know you've got a crew out there in a game 7 who is aware of who has been diving all series, and who has a chip on their shoulder aimed at whomever else....

I dunno.... Wings could have played better, and probably weren't the better team on the ice this time around.... I'm just disappointed that poor officiating had such a profound effect on the outcome of the games. If you look at the most crucial points in the game where SJ went ahead or caught up in the 3rd period, you see that the 5-on-3's were resultant of calls that wouldn't even have been made in the regular season, let alone the playoffs. I don't know if this is Buttman's ultimatum to keep the league exciting by keeping either one team or the other on the power play for a majority of the game, but I seem to remember the playoffs being physical and having better flow when they didn't call so much of the non-existant or questionable stuff.

I noticed the same thing last night watching Chicago and Vancouver. Although Vancouver eventually started committing obvious and stupid penalties, their slide started when there were some really iffy calls. I've never seen officiating mistakes take over games like they have this year.
__________________
135i M Sport - FP Green DBB WW Evo IX GSR tuned at 524whp
Cyrax91 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #38
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
 
headlee103's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [5.00]
You guys talk about taking dives, I'm not here to completely defend crosby but it happens in every sport. Obviously soccer is the worst, but if the referees are gonna call it why not take advantage of it. You guys might not be huge NFL fans but the kickers and quarterbacks fall everytime they are touched by a pinky hoping to get a roughing the kicker/passer. Its just always gonna happen, and Crosby really doesn't dive as much as you are saying but that's your opinion.

Second, when the games are in Montreal the fans complain more than any arena I have ever seen on tv. Every time a player even trips over his own skates they are on their feet screaming for a penalty!! But whatever, it goes both ways... and does anybody watch UFC? Hahahaha my boy Koscheck tolf you all how it was gonna be!!
headlee103 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #39
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
You guys talk about taking dives, I'm not here to completely defend crosby but it happens in every sport. Obviously soccer is the worst, but if the referees are gonna call it why not take advantage of it. You guys might not be huge NFL fans but the kickers and quarterbacks fall everytime they are touched by a pinky hoping to get a roughing the kicker/passer. Its just always gonna happen, and Crosby really doesn't dive as much as you are saying but that's your opinion.

Second, when the games are in Montreal the fans complain more than any arena I have ever seen on tv. Every time a player even trips over his own skates they are on their feet screaming for a penalty!! But whatever, it goes both ways... and does anybody watch UFC? Hahahaha my boy Koscheck tolf you all how it was gonna be!!
Well, I think the biggest problem with dives is the fact that the refs buy them.... If the players weren't rewarded for it so much, it wouldn't happen.

It has to do with the league and image Buttman is trying to promote. He wants fast-paced, skilled hockey. Of all the penalties they claimed they were going to crack down on this year, all but one of those has been enforced with a vengeance. The one that has not been addressed: diving. Generally the skill players are the ones who get the advantage in positioning on those who aren't so flee-of-foot or skilled; it's much easier to "sell" the call when it looks as if you had the advantage and then the other player has seemingly taken it away from you to make up for lack of skill....

Cracking down on diving is a dicey proposition, but it should be done to "stop the madness". I've seen only one diving call this year, and that was called in conjunction with interference. So, the guy who fell to the ice was admittedly harmed, yet he dove? How does that work?

I think Buttman is just trying to boost his skill players by giving them what they want. I don't think you'll see diving go away from the game, because it's totally against what he wants the game to be.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #40
ducase
Enlisted Member
 
ducase's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montréal

Posts: 46
iTrader: (1)

what 's a fucking game OMG 3-2 for the habs, the third period start right now
ducase is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #41
ducase
Enlisted Member
 
ducase's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montréal

Posts: 46
iTrader: (1)

Yeah this serie is tied 3-3

Sid the Kid what 's a cry baby !!

GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ducase is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #42
OEMconcept
 
OEMconcept's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada/U.S

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (10)

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge, Les Canadiens sont la!
OEMconcept is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #43
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (3)

Awesome! What a game. Hard to believe. Love Crosby, but oy ... What a sod.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #44
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
 
Nikos335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,821
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
Go HABS Go!!!!
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Nikos335i is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST