BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

01-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #23
Driv3r
Colonel

Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Dr325i, i got to hand it to you, i coulndt have said it better myself....you really know what is REALLY happening in the world today, not by what FOX or CNN is feeding to us.

We just need to have more open minded people in todays world that dont immediatly beleive everything they hear, and at least question things sometimes. To call the american population ignorant is wrong, they are just misinformed to a great extent IMO.

I was born in this country, and if it were ever invaded, i would fight to the death for it.
But to go half way around the world to fight someone whom has not harmed me or my country before the war, thats something else, in their eyes, we are invading their country.......

now how ironic is that? I said i would fight to the death if someone were to invade my country...
      01-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
Dr325i, i got to hand it to you, i coulndt have said it better myself....you really know what is REALLY happening in the world today, not by what FOX or CNN is feeding to us.

We just need to have more open minded people in todays world that dont immediatly beleive everything they hear, and at least question things sometimes. To call the american population ignorant is wrong, they are just misinformed to a great extent IMO.
thanks man.
      01-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #25
Driv3r
Colonel

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
BTW you guys should read up some books by an intellectual whose name is "Noam Chomsky"

Another PhD whose more qualified than any host from a news station, his name is david duke....give him a chance and read a few articles..
http://davidduke.com/
      01-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #26
Driv3r
Colonel

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
BTW you guys should read up some books by an intellectual whose name is "Noam Chomsky"

Another PhD whose more qualified than any host from a news station, his name is david duke....give him a chance and read a few articles..
      01-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #27
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post

I've read a lot of inserts from Chomsky. I like him a lot. Reminds me of...me
I'll check the other one...
      01-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #28
Iguy
Private First Class

Drives: 335i coupe

There was internationl intel that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, however, why did the US and UK attack Iraq when the UN said it was a bad idea and discouraged it? Kind of bully situation no? Don't get me wrong, Saddam was no saint, and did massacre thousands...but to say "screw you, other countries of the world", we are going in no matter what you think or say, is Rambo'ish no? This was Bush's doing, there should have been a American National poll regarding attacking Iraq. Hey dosen't bush own a part of Halliburton? Power, greed, oil, all masked behind political excuses. Come on people of America, vote this president out of office already. The sea of Democrats thats promising at least.
Bush is a powerful leader, so much so, that Canada's Prime Minister has engaged us into war in Afghanistan. We are so damn stupid as Canadians, that our troops are dieing and there's no damn oil there! I'm truly surprised there are still well educated people supporting this leader, to be honest.

Back on topic, what to do about the Iraq situation. Not an easy question. The political bond with the current leader is solidified, hoorah, cheap oil for a very long time. Halliburton stock up substantially, yipee, we are all rolling in the wealth. Cut and run? what if the current government is overthrown? Oh no, cheap oil, poof. Answer....we cant cut and run! Thus more money for Halliburton, yipee! I don't think they will cut and run, and its not due to the political answer we are getting from Washington thats for sure.

Utopia what the hell is that?

Last edited by Iguy; 01-26-2007 at 06:25 AM.
      01-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #29
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class

Drives: 328i coupe

WOW Iguy, you are clearly misinformed. Bush does not have any stake in Halliburtun. Dick Cheney used to be ceo or something of the company before he quit to run for president. Trust me that is not the reason we were there. Cheney is so rich already, he could care less about making money of Iraq. Halliburtun is one of only a handful of companies that does what it does. And obviously, if you have a stake in a company you know a lot of people in a company you can trust, your going to use that company.plain and simple. While I agree that there were alternative motives in Iraq, it cannot be argued that every single president to this day has not had alternative motives in the things that they have done.
      01-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #30
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
WOW Iguy, you are clearly misinformed. Bush does not have any stake in Halliburtun. Dick Cheney used to be ceo or something of the company before he quit to run for president. Trust me that is not the reason we were there. Cheney is so rich already, he could care less about making money of Iraq. Halliburtun is one of only a handful of companies that does what it does. And obviously, if you have a stake in a company you know a lot of people in a company you can trust, your going to use that company.plain and simple. While I agree that there were alternative motives in Iraq, it cannot be argued that every single president to this day has not had alternative motives in the things that they have done.
Sure, all of the previous Prez had some flaws...nobody's perfect.
However, this guy (GWB) is just far, far, far too flawed...nothing he has done was correct. Everything he proposed had to be changed.
The sad thing in all that is that he got re-elected...
      01-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #31
Iguy
Private First Class

bmwben wrote:

Quote:
WOW Iguy, you are clearly misinformed

Regarding Bush's involvement with Halliburton? Or my entire post?
      01-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #32
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguy View Post
bmwben wrote:

Regarding Bush's involvement with Halliburton? Or my entire post?
Actually, I would not say you're misinformed...you're just open minded...
SOme people are not thinking outside of the box. Right, Cheney has nothing else to do with Halliburton... Right, Cheney (and Bush) had nothing to do with the CIA agent identity uncovering... Right, Bush did Iraq because he loves his country and to make us safer... Right, he did not sign Kyoto protocol to protect our jobs and economy... Hellooooo...wake up people...
      01-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #33
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class

Drives: 328i coupe

Bush hasn't done anything right!ARE you kidding me. SUre hes done a hell of a lot wrong, but its hard to say he hasn't done anything right. Ok lets see, employement is at an all time low, the economy is doing great, there hasn't been a terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11 and to top it off, we have almost completely destroyed Al Qaeda. 9/11 happened folks. I cannot believe how many people don't take into account that we should be in a global depression right now. 3,000 people died on our turf, in the financial district of New York City. As much as I disagree with Bush on domestic issues, such as abortion, gayrights, stem-cell research, education, and a few other things...none of that is important to the safety of our people, and Bush has done a superb job at that, and to me thats what matters. Democrats want to get rid of the patriot act, are you kidding. Tell me one person that the patriot act has affected, and then maybe I'll consider opposing it, but we should be doing everything possible for security. The government should know everything about every person in my opinion. If thats what it takes to protect our nation thats what it takes.
      01-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Bush hasn't done anything right!ARE you kidding me. SUre hes done a hell of a lot wrong, but its hard to say he hasn't done anything right. Ok lets see, employement is at an all time low, the economy is doing great, there hasn't been a terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11 and to top it off, we have almost completely destroyed Al Qaeda. 9/11 happened folks. I cannot believe how many people don't take into account that we should be in a global depression right now. 3,000 people died on our turf, in the financial district of New York City. As much as I disagree with Bush on domestic issues, such as abortion, gayrights, stem-cell research, education, and a few other things...none of that is important to the safety of our people, and Bush has done a superb job at that, and to me thats what matters. Democrats want to get rid of the patriot act, are you kidding. Tell me one person that the patriot act has affected, and then maybe I'll consider opposing it, but we should be doing everything possible for security. The government should know everything about every person in my opinion. If thats what it takes to protect our nation thats what it takes.

WOW, even worse than I thought:
1) Enployment is NOT at all time low. The numbers are fare from reality because more people work to survive (low paid jobs) than what they are qualified to do.

2) Economy is not doing great at all. Yes, the stock markets are at highest ever, but look what companies advanced -- not the majors like Intel, TI, GE, Pfeiser, or similar...those are far, far, far from the highs from the late 90's.

3) We have discussed this, but shortly, nothing to cheer about "no attacks since 911". Do you expect the attacks now to happen every year??? Before him those were spread about 8-9 years...we will see... We're definitely not safer at all.

4) Destroyed Al Qaeda???? Are you out of your mind??? There is more members now than ever before. We may have hit 5 or 6 leaders, but as for destroyed them...not even close...

Quote:
The government should know everything about every person in my opinion. If thats what it takes to protect our nation thats what it takes.
Thats what the Communism is all about... Been there, done that.

Bush and his ideas and principles are all about control, fear and cowboy-ism -- nothing good will come out of it.
      01-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #35
Iguy
Private First Class

Bush's quote:

"War on Terrorism"

How do you get rid of all the terrorists in the world? YOU CAN'T! Once you kill a known terrorist, that person you just killed will have 5 other family members turning into terrorist! Oh maybe we can identify them all by their physical attributes, or language, yeah right.

It's very simple really, lets say for example some foreigner comes over to my country on my soil, and kills my son/daughter claming he/she was a terrorist, or even a accidental casualty of war. Hell yeah, I'd be mad. If I didn't have access to a tank, or Apache, what do you think I would do? I'D STRAP A BOMB TO MY CHEST AND WOULD SEEK RETRUBUTION! Call it vigilante justice aka terrorism, aka justice.

Iran.....attack them too? Al Qaeda is there, don't need proof they just are. Syria....attack them? Al Qaeda is there also. North Korea....attack them? Nah no oil, and there is one CRAZY DUDE running the show over there. BTW....NK is sharing nuclear technology with Iran. Lebanon....well.....ahem, they got attacked.......An elementary grade school child can see where this is leading.

Get out, get out now, cause the only thing that will happen if this onslaught continues is NUCLEAR WAR.............we are not dealing with Russians with similar military firepower, that planted a few nukes off Cuba. We are dealing with...........Terrorism, which is far worse, because they are desperate and we ("we" meaning the free world) are just pissing everyone off.

There is the solution for the Iraq war.
      01-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #36
Iguy
Private First Class

Wha? Where are all the die hard Bush supporters? I really want to know how they feel and how they justify things.
      01-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #37
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

Wha? Where are all the die hard Bush supporters? I really want to know how they feel and how they justify things.
there is whole 28% of them in the country... Looks like 3 of them on this forum...so be patient
      01-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #38
Iguy
Private First Class

.........(regains composure).........
      01-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #39
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:

What would you like the justification for?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      01-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #40
Iguy
Private First Class

Quote:
What would you like the justification for?
I consider myself a open minded individual. With that said, I wanna hear from the few that still support Bush and why they do so. These are humans also, and if we want to progress past the "ultimate destruction of the world", we all need to communicate.
      01-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #41
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
I consider myself a open minded individual. With that said, I wanna hear from the few that still support Bush and why they do so. These are humans also, and if we want to progress past the "ultimate destruction of the world", we all need to communicate.
Ask a specific question or questions and I will be glad to try to answer them for you.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      01-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #42
Iguy
Private First Class

Do you support the war in Iraq? Do you agree with Bush that sending another 20000+ troops will solve this war? Do you feel that pulling out of the war will increase attacks on America? Do you feel safer than you did 10 years ago?
      01-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #43
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Do you support the war in Iraq? Do you agree with Bush that sending another 20000+ troops will solve this war? Do you feel that pulling out of the war will increase attacks on America? Do you feel safer than you did 10 years ago?
I supported the decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

I do not believe you "solve" a war, you win it or you lose it. Fighting a war is about adapting to the situation in a way that furthers the attainment of your objective. Our short term objective in this case is to stabilize Baghdad and it is possible that an increase of US combat forces as well as the other steps the Iraqi government and security forces will take will substantially reduce the current level of violence.

I believe that if we were to lose in Iraq, and that is what pulling out would be, it will embolden our enemies, greatly increase the power of our enemies and degrade that of our friends in a vital area of the world, and create a humanitarian disaster in Iraq.

No, I do not necessarily feel safer today than 10 years ago but 10 years ago I hadn't conceived that 3,000 Americans could die in a single day because they went to work one morning.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      01-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #44
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I supported the decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

I do not believe you "solve" a war, you win it or you lose it. Fighting a war is about adapting to the situation in a way that furthers the attainment of your objective. Our short term objective in this case is to stabilize Baghdad and it is possible that an increase of US combat forces as well as the other steps the Iraqi government and security forces will take will substantially reduce the current level of violence...
20,000 is just extra 20k targets. THis should have been done a long time ago, now there is too many of enemies over there. Now, we needed at least 5x that much to try to stabilize it.

Quote:
I believe that if we were to lose in Iraq, and that is what pulling out would be, it will embolden our enemies, greatly increase the power of our enemies and degrade that of our friends in a vital area of the world, and create a humanitarian disaster in Iraq..
Our enemies are much tougher today than ever before. And they have more motives to attack us than ever before.
Our friends -- there is not much left there except a few 3rd world countries trying to get some support from us and the UK (Gov't; citizens of UK do not support all this mess either).

Humanitarian disaster???? Are you kidding? At least 300,000 are dead in Iraq -- more than under Saddam (except the Iran War). It is a disaster there. People cannot freely walk on the streets -- either from us patrolling the streets or the insurgents blowing them up.

Quote:
No, I do not necessarily feel safer today than 10 years ago but 10 years ago I hadn't conceived that 3,000 Americans could die in a single day because they went to work one morning.
3000 people -- not (only) Americans (many of them were NOT Americans), but anyway... They did not die because they went to work, but because of their previous Government's medded up policies...