BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #67
Nikolas
Colonel
20

 
Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains


Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
lol i wonder what they fight about. maybe, who's better: My GT3RS or his GT2?
this site is such a disappointment sometimes.
I have yet to see any crap like this on 6speed or rennlist. This site is pure entertainment!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #68
nal13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
nal13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 550 Xdrive Msport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fairfield County


Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
I have yet to see any crap like this on 6speed or rennlist. This site is pure entertainment!
The entertainment comes from all the fanboys and 18 year old boys with PhDs (papa has dough)

All the other auto pages i'm a member of is all about the love, passion, and driving. Overall though quite an enjoyable web page.
__________________
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M sport White/Ivory (current)
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M Sport Carbon black (buy back)
2013 BMW 528 xdrive Saphire Black/Oyster (wife's car)
2010 Audi S4 Brilliant Black/ Black & Silver alcantara
2007 BMW e92/Space/Black/Alum/Nav/6MT (past)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #69
herro
First Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 4x4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Eastside


Posts: 339
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
The entertainment comes from all the fanboys and 18 year old boys with PhDs (papa has dough)

All the other auto pages i'm a member of is all about the love, passion, and driving. Overall though quite an enjoyable web page.
+1

I definitely enjoy e90post overall, but the level of fanboy-ism and "I iz enthusiast and knowz better than j0o" attitude on this site can only be matched by e46fanatics. You'll find idiots on any forum, though
__________________
2007 328i coupe - Sport, Premium
2010 Ducati Monster 696
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #70
rikwynnpa
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 F10 535xi MSport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philly


Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Another brilliant comment. The M3 is a race car bolted up to a $35K platform. Does Audi have an M division that has been making street legal race cars for 20 years? Guess not. Audis are 2nd tier German cars. Thats just a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFootWOT View Post
But let me guess -- dropping a V8 into a car designed to sell for $35K (Ahem, M3) is a good idea to you? Typical fanboi rhetoric.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #71
herro
First Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 4x4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Eastside


Posts: 339
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
Another brilliant comment. The M3 is a race car bolted up to a $35K platform. Does Audi have an M division that has been making street legal race cars for 20 years? Guess not. Audis are 2nd tier German cars. Thats just a fact.
Quattro gmbh, founded in 1983:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quattro_GmbH

"quattro GmbH can be regarded to Audi in a similar manner like the other German car manufacturers "performance divisions" – such as "Mercedes-AMG GmbH" to Mercedes-Benz, or "BMW M GmbH" to BMW."

Audi RS4, Audi RS5, Audi RS6, Audi R8

Ew.

Your 335 is a nice car, but it's not like you drive a Lambo (which, coincidentally is owned by VW.. but I guess it's just another example of them upselling their $25k cars for $200k) - not sure where your superiority complex comes from... - we get it, you're the f'ing man and anyone that buys a 328i or an Audi are driving 2nd tier cars and are jealous they can't afford the true crown jewel of German engineering

Get off your ego trip and be reasonable.. believe it or not, you're not that awesome.
__________________
2007 328i coupe - Sport, Premium
2010 Ducati Monster 696

Last edited by herro; 04-25-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #72
Nikolas
Colonel
20

 
Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains


Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
Another brilliant comment. The M3 is a race car bolted up to a $35K platform. Does Audi have an M division that has been making street legal race cars for 20 years? Guess not. Audis are 2nd tier German cars. Thats just a fact.
Really the M3 is a street legal race car? Good god. I think you might want to look at Audi's racing history just a little.

Audi's are considered second tier in Germany, along with BMW. Merc and Porsche hold the first.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #73
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
49

 
JoeyBananaz18's Avatar
 
Drives: metrocard
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Whitestone, NY


Posts: 3,763
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
Another brilliant comment. The M3 is a race car bolted up to a $35K platform. Does Audi have an M division that has been making street legal race cars for 20 years? Guess not. Audis are 2nd tier German cars. Thats just a fact.
you ever hear of DTM?
__________________
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #74
nal13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
nal13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 550 Xdrive Msport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fairfield County


Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

There are very few "street legal" race cars out there. Actually I can't think of anything with either two or four doors that would qualify under 150K. However, in Germany, many would say if there was such a four door car that it would be the RS6. The car puts out 580 bhp.

Again to many fanboys and little children on this tread. Sporty BMWs/Audis/and Mercs are all fun cars to drive. All have the quarks and strengths. But none of them are supercars.
__________________
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M sport White/Ivory (current)
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M Sport Carbon black (buy back)
2013 BMW 528 xdrive Saphire Black/Oyster (wife's car)
2010 Audi S4 Brilliant Black/ Black & Silver alcantara
2007 BMW e92/Space/Black/Alum/Nav/6MT (past)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #75
cstavaru
Brigadier General
93

 
cstavaru's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucharest, Romania


Posts: 3,237
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
Show me an article or test data to prove. I'm not trying to convince anyone of the S4, just actually interested in knowing how these knowledgeable people get their information.
Well, like I said, "to me"

But I did some simple math:

Audi S4: 3924lbs, 333hp - 0.084 hp/lb
BMW 335i + PK: 3605lbs, 320hp - 0.088 hp/lb
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #76
herro
First Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 4x4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Eastside


Posts: 339
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
Lol. I can see the spiked greasy hair, ed hardy shirt, embroidered jeans, and jewelry when you come out of your 3 series fist pumping thinking you're all that for owning a BMW. A 3 series is in the entry level luxury category and in PA, maybe it's a bit better than the average, but in California they are a dime a dozen. There are as many 3 series here as Honda accords. Mostly 325 / 328's with bare bone options, leased, because people just want the brand image. In the LA Times, an editor mentions how the e92 coupe is the defacto minimum if you want to appear successful in the entertainment industry. That is why you see them every where. People don't buy these cars for performance, but rather image. It's your elitist attitude that gives BMW drivers such a bad rap.
... exactly, to 99% of the general public, the 335i is just another 3'er on the road; outside of a few thumbs up from some dudes driving modded Bimmers, no one gives a shit.

I wouldn't mind his elitist attitude so much if he at least got his information correct. There's nothing worse than a "misinformed" elitist.
__________________
2007 328i coupe - Sport, Premium
2010 Ducati Monster 696
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #77
josephr25
Major
United_States
18

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
It's funny now that I am also a member of audiworld, I don't see the type of threads I see on here. I don't know how many of you are also members of bimmerfest.com, but e90post's demographic is something special.
Small yellow schoolbus special.

Many people have turned the BMW brand into a joke. Having what used to be an entry-level "luxury" German car gives them a god complex.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #78
nal13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
nal13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 550 Xdrive Msport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fairfield County


Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Well, like I said, "to me"

But I did some simple math:

Audi S4: 3924lbs, 333hp - 0.084 hp/lb
BMW 335i + PK: 3605lbs, 320hp - 0.088 hp/lb
Just as the N54 engine is underrated by BMW, the Audi 3.0 SC is grossly underrated. Publications have ran anywhere from 360-400 at the crank for this engine. If you do the math

380hp 3924, 333 = 0.096 hp/lb

I hate to do this but if you compare the S4 tested in the previous Road and Track and compare it to the M3 they tested a year or so ago in the article "hyper-performance sedans", the number of the S4 actually beat the e90 M3. 0-60 in 4.5 vs 4.6 in favor of the S4. 1/4 @ 12.9 vs 13.0 in favor of the S4. The trap speed for the m3 was faster at 110 even vs 108.8 so the M3 would probably dust the S4 once you get to high speeds. Keep in mind these cars were tested at the same track in irvine ca under almost identical conditions.

However were comparing the S4 to the 335i. So I guess to all you fanboys this means your 335i can toast an M3 since its such a superior car to the S4.
__________________
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M sport White/Ivory (current)
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M Sport Carbon black (buy back)
2013 BMW 528 xdrive Saphire Black/Oyster (wife's car)
2010 Audi S4 Brilliant Black/ Black & Silver alcantara
2007 BMW e92/Space/Black/Alum/Nav/6MT (past)

Last edited by nal13; 04-25-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #79
cstavaru
Brigadier General
93

 
cstavaru's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucharest, Romania


Posts: 3,237
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
Just as the N54 engine is underrated by BMW, the Audi 3.0 SC is grossly underrated. Publications have ran anywhere from 360-400 at the crank for this engine. If you do the math

380hp 3924, 333 = 0.096 hp/lb
Have you noticed that I used the standard numbers for both 335i and S4 ? Would you mind using the over-inflated numbers for 335i too and do the math again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
So I guess to all you fanboys...
Don't you find it comical how the Audi "genuine enthusiasts", while actively participating in this thread call the BMW guys "fanbois"

In my opinion, no one that has replied in this thread is better than anyone else that has replied as far as fanboism goes. I would just like everyone to admit they are some brand's fans and quit displaying this hypocrisy of "some are fanbois but I am not" while in fact it may be the other way around.

Last edited by cstavaru; 04-25-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #80
josephr25
Major
United_States
18

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Have you noticed that I used the standard numbers for both 335i and S4 ? Would you mind using the over-inflated numbers for 335i too since you think the S4 is underrated ?



Don't you find it comical how the Audi "genuine enthusiasts", while actively participating in this thread call the BMW guys "fanbois"
The fanboys really are fanboys. Look at some of the stupid posts we have in this thread, let alone this website.

Fanboys also tend to take criticism of their cars personally.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #81
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
71

 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location


Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
Another brilliant comment. The M3 is a race car bolted up to a $35K platform. Does Audi have an M division that has been making street legal race cars for 20 years? Guess not. Audis are 2nd tier German cars. Thats just a fact.
Yeah, Audi makes 2nd tier Supercars. That, unlike your post is a fact.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #82
nal13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
nal13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW 550 Xdrive Msport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fairfield County


Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Have you noticed that I used the standard numbers for both 335i and S4 ? Would you mind using the over-inflated numbers for 335i too since you think the S4 is underrated ?



Don't you find it comical how the Audi "genuine enthusiasts", while actively participating in this thread call the BMW guys "fanbois"
I've owned two BMWs and know that i will come back to the brand in the future. It was just time for a change. I can confidently say that I am a true auto enthusiast. That's why I bought the audi. Its something new and I want to see what the car is all about. The reason why I like e90post is because I thought that it was filled with true car people. However, the second that anyone disagrees with BMW they must be looser.

I am 29 years old and I work my butt off to own the cars that I have. On the road I often get more do***bag looks in my BMW then in my 911. I used to think that it was a mixture of my age and the way I drive. However after seeing this webpage from the other side I'm starting to realize that it may not be me. As mentioned earlier in this thread there are to many spiky haired ed hardy wearing 20 year olds driving these cars who think they are status symbols. I drive the cars that I drive because I love being behind the wheel. A day on a mountain road in a good car with three pedals is as good as it gets. I think there are quite a few e90 members who share my love for driving and all things cars, but the bad eggs are really giving BMWs a bad name
__________________
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M sport White/Ivory (current)
2014 BMW 550 xdrive M Sport Carbon black (buy back)
2013 BMW 528 xdrive Saphire Black/Oyster (wife's car)
2010 Audi S4 Brilliant Black/ Black & Silver alcantara
2007 BMW e92/Space/Black/Alum/Nav/6MT (past)

Last edited by nal13; 04-25-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #83
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
19

 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA


Posts: 1,186
iTrader: (0)

This thread really brought out the kids.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #84
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
United_States
24

 
Top_Gear_Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Can't we all just get along?

I have both a 2008 BMW 335i and an 2010 Audi A4 in my garage. If my cars fought each other the way the members here fought, my garage would be on fire by now.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #85
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario


Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Not sure what cars you people were driving. There is no comparison between the S4 and 335 xi. The 335 xi is like an all wheel drive truck by comparison. It is higher, no sport suspension and rides on 18" wheels even with the M option. The 335 and S4 are more similar performance wise. SF Loft said Audi does a better job of integrating CF and aluminum...those 2 little pieces are not real CF. I put CF on my dash, center console, shift knob and brake lever in my e92...thats real cf. Ive had 5 Audis and loved them all, latest being B7 S4. I drove the new one and it is a rocket but to me it has lost its edge..that V8 rumble is amazing. My new e92 is a nice change.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #86
Nikolas
Colonel
20

 
Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains


Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Have you noticed that I used the standard numbers for both 335i and S4 ? Would you mind using the over-inflated numbers for 335i too and do the math again ?



Don't you find it comical how the Audi "genuine enthusiasts", while actively participating in this thread call the BMW guys "fanbois"

In my opinion, no one that has replied in this thread is better than anyone else that has replied as far as fanboism goes. I would just like everyone to admit they are some brand's fans and quit displaying this hypocrisy of "some are fanbois but I am not" while in fact it may be the other way around.
So what's your point? The Audi is faster regardless of the numbers. If the higher HP/LB number is important go for BMW.............yeehaw!

I drive a BMW and the BMW fanboys are in this thread and painfully represented.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #87
Willizm
Captain
8

 
Willizm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335Xi and 01 Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Joliet, Il


Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

Ouch, fanbois running wild here. For what it's worth I chose getting the 335xi over the S4 as it's easier to remove a piggyback and wipe codes than to switch out pully's. Stock for Stock, sure the S4 may be better in some categories, but then again, I don't play stock .
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #88
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
19

 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA


Posts: 1,186
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willizm View Post
Ouch, fanbois running wild here. For what it's worth I chose getting the 335xi over the S4 as it's easier to remove a piggyback and wipe codes than to switch out pully's. Stock for Stock, sure the S4 may be better in some categories, but then again, I don't play stock .
Are you talking about stop light racer boy stomping? That's about the only place a 335i will do well performance wise.

On a track, modded or not, the 335i will get iced pretty easily. It's because the car doesn't have adequate cooling. I've seen one modded Vishnu E92 track, and it did horrible times, mostly because the temps were sky high for the guy's car.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST