BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
jkcali2ooo
Generation 2006
jkcali2ooo's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i Jet Black
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
KRAMER pissed off...

Here is something else I found on YouTube. Kramer @ LaughFactory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgmCBKPHnSY

CNN's Report Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEcz9T3MuL4&NR


Kramer's Apology on Letterman Below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4
__________________


2006 Jet Black 330i
Sports, Premium, Rear Sensor, Steptronic

Last edited by jkcali2ooo; 11-21-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
mikeman
PAINISINEVITABLESUFFERING ISOPTIONAL.
United_States
6
Rep
381
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Escalade
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to mikeman
damn man i wish i went to the laugh factory that night...

he fucked up bad....
__________________
RIP E90

2006 Jet Black 325i|Pioneer AVIC-N3 w/Pioneer GEX-P10XMT XM Nav Traffic|Black Grill|H&R Race Springs|Blacklines|ACS Roof Spoiler|5% Rear Tint 10% Front Tint|Maya RM1 Diamond Black 19x10 rear 19x9 front on Toyo T1R 265/30/19 rear and 235/35/19 front|
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Annette
Trapped in Country-Land!
Annette's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Navigator, Soon a 335i!
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wyoming

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Annette
WOW... Even if he was completely smashed he still shouldn't have said that...
__________________
Annette

2007 335i Coupe (Delivery in January!)
Alpine White | Coral Red | Aluminum | Manual | Sport | Premium | Comfort Access | Coldweather | ACC | Navi | RearSunShade | PDC
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

I'd be curious to hear the heckling before hand

really that wasn't that bad, but a more proper way to handle it would have been to have security throw the offender out.

funny how people get so offended over that one little word.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
Brunotheboxer
Brigadier General
Brunotheboxer's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
3,003
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston/Cape Cod

iTrader: (0)

i think kramer and mel gibson should hang out together.
__________________


"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #6
bimmer4me
Captain
bimmer4me's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
997
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Kramer totally lost it. WOW! I never would have suspected that in a million years.
__________________

2006 330i Monaco Blue | Grey | Walnut
...Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Sirius | Sunshade
...M-Tec Steering Wheel | M-Tec Shifter | TLC
...Performance Center Delivery | Oct 14, 2005
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
findtom
Colonel
findtom's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
2,656
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
The Letterman apology is painful to watch.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
bimmer4me
Captain
bimmer4me's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
997
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
The Letterman apology is painful to watch.
Everyone is saying that, but I thought he was fairly contrite. Maybe I'm missing something....
__________________

2006 330i Monaco Blue | Grey | Walnut
...Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Sirius | Sunshade
...M-Tec Steering Wheel | M-Tec Shifter | TLC
...Performance Center Delivery | Oct 14, 2005
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #9
findtom
Colonel
findtom's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
2,656
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4me
Everyone is saying that, but I thought he was fairly contrite. Maybe I'm missing something....
Well, yeah.. you could tell he was genuinely busted up about it.

Honestly he went a bit far, but what he was saying was no more racist than your average Chris Rock stand up routine. It's also a shame the whole thing was caught on tape, just imagine how much worse off Mel Gibson would have been if his drunken rant was up on youtube.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #10
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
110
Rep
10,454
Posts

 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

I wouldn't be so offended if he used only that N word, BUT he made reference to lynching by saying something to the effect of "if this was 50 years ago, we would've strung you up and stick a fork in your ass", now that's way crossed the line
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #11
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Location

iTrader: (2)

After seeing that, watching old episodes of Seinfeld aren't quite the same. He seemed hesitant or nervous while sayiing "Afro American" and "black" during his apology too. Maybe he didn't want to let another N-bomb slip.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Viral
Captain
11
Rep
950
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC/T.O.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
I'd be curious to hear the heckling before hand

really that wasn't that bad, but a more proper way to handle it would have been to have security throw the offender out.

funny how people get so offended over that one little word.
.........are you on fucking CRACK????? Let me clarify who the offender was in this case.........The OFFENDER was Richards, if you didn't know by now.

It was disturbing to hear the genuine hatred in his voice when he said it......that alone speaks volumes.

His apology was a fucking joke.........yes, he's shaken up over this because now he can't walk down the street anymore without worrying about someone who is looking to at him in perhaps the only way they know how. Plus, he just lost the respect of millions of people.

Ward, please confirm that you don't share Michael Richards' beliefs :mad:
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 04:27 AM   #13
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
luckystrike's Avatar
Austria
4
Rep
349
Posts

 
Drives: X3 F25 MSport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria

iTrader: (0)

well its just shows racism is still high in america its just that lot of people are scared to talk about it but when push to the limit some let it all hang out.
even here in europe racism is much greater most specially againts blacks and muslims. guess some people think they are superior than others
__________________


black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #14
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral
.........are you on fucking CRACK????? Let me clarify who the offender was in this case.........The OFFENDER was Richards, if you didn't know by now.

It was disturbing to hear the genuine hatred in his voice when he said it......that alone speaks volumes.

His apology was a fucking joke.........yes, he's shaken up over this because now he can't walk down the street anymore without worrying about someone who is looking to at him in perhaps the only way they know how. Plus, he just lost the respect of millions of people.

Ward, please confirm that you don't share Michael Richards' beliefs :mad:

I just don't see where it's so horrible to insult somebody. The guy was interferring with his set.

it's not like kramer just saw some black guy up in the balcony and started up with him.

what he did was far from the best way to handle the situation, but really really it's amazing what a couple simple words can do to rile somebody up.

words can only make you as angry as you let them, and last time I checked there's no law that you have to be nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #15
phrozen06
NA V8
phrozen06's Avatar
28
Rep
1,553
Posts

 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
I just don't see where it's so horrible to insult somebody. The guy was interferring with his set.
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
words can only make you as angry as you let them, and last time I checked there's no law that you have to be nice.
Words can do alot of damage. You're right there is now law that u have to be nice. But then u better be ready to deal with consequenses of your mouth when the cameras are running and people are watching.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #16
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
DLJJ3399's Avatar
9
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06
Wrong



Words can do alot of damage. You're right there is now law that u have to be nice. But then u better be ready to deal with consequenses of your mouth when the cameras are running and people are watching.

It's very nice to see we such kind and understanding people on this forum.

Trust me when I say this. I've been called the N word all my life and it never gets any easier to hear it.

It feels like someone is saying you're not human to me, you're beneath me and when I call you this name, I'm showing you how I don’t like you, I don’t care about you and your race. Stay in your place…

It’s hard enough sometimes to just be human, let alone someone attacking you along the way.

People always have a way of letting you down.
__________________
Protect Me From What I Want...
_____________________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
obLu
Major
obLu's Avatar
15
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kirkland, WA, USA

iTrader: (1)

I'm kinda with Ward on this one; the dude completely spazzed and started spewing filth directed at one person. It's still not completely clear what that person, or reportedly persons, did to provoke the attack. And yeah, there's WAY better ways of handling it.

And yeah, there's a big difference between racial jokes in a comedy act and racial insults directed at a single person.

But I'm a little tired of everybody jumping on the boo-hoo politically correct bandwagon. The insults were directed at ONE person. That person gets to be some serious levels of angry. The rest of america doesn't get any right to feel sorry for themselves about it.

Instead they get to see what an a$$hole Richards is, and decide they don't want to see or hear anything from him again.

Richard's apology needed to be to the person his anger was directed toward, and the audience that had to witness it. Not to everybody on public television. We don't have any entitlement to any kind of apology, nor should we want one. Everybody needs to see that he's only doing it to try to save his career.

And to make a blanket statement about the state of racism for the entire country based on one person's spaz attack is just as bad as racism. It's making a sweeping generalization without merit or fact.

And while I'm at it ... I'm more than a little pissed that the media is jumping on this for their own gains.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #18
lionheart
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: Three
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: LV-SD-CH

iTrader: (0)

This ignorance is very saddening...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #19
shragon
Moderator
shragon's Avatar
No_Country
321
Rep
27,450
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (7)

yea, he snapped. tragic.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #20
phrozen06
NA V8
phrozen06's Avatar
28
Rep
1,553
Posts

 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
I'm kinda with Ward on this one; the dude completely spazzed and started spewing filth directed at one person. It's still not completely clear what that person, or reportedly persons, did to provoke the attack. And yeah, there's WAY better ways of handling it.

And yeah, there's a big difference between racial jokes in a comedy act and racial insults directed at a single person.

But I'm a little tired of everybody jumping on the boo-hoo politically correct bandwagon. The insults were directed at ONE person. That person gets to be some serious levels of angry. The rest of america doesn't get any right to feel sorry for themselves about it.

Instead they get to see what an a$$hole Richards is, and decide they don't want to see or hear anything from him again.

Richard's apology needed to be to the person his anger was directed toward, and the audience that had to witness it. Not to everybody on public television. We don't have any entitlement to any kind of apology, nor should we want one. Everybody needs to see that he's only doing it to try to save his career.

And while I'm at it ... I'm more than a little pissed that the media is jumping on this for their own gains.
First as an AFRO-american, black, negro or whatever the hell society calls me now, I don't care not do I need richards apology because that's how he feels and I don't have to guess what's in his mind or on his mind. He got heckeled and that's part of the comic business...it happens. The good comedians know how to use that enengy and throw it back at the heckler. The bad ones don't know how to handle it and they crack under the pressure. He said what he said and he has to deal with it. He knew the cameras were running and he knows the media and how they operate. Even the black umm......afro-american comedians who were there were shocked. But if u say something in a public forum it's out there and that's just the way it is. Fair maybe not. BUT if u can accept the praise...then u better accept the criticism.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #21
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06
First as an AFRO-american, black, negro or whatever the hell society calls me now, I don't care not do I need richards apology because that's how he feels and I don't have to guess what's in his mind or on his mind. He got heckeled and that's part of the comic business...it happens. The good comedians know how to use that enengy and throw it back at the heckler. The bad ones don't know how to handle it and they crack under the pressure. He said what he said and he has to deal with it. He knew the cameras were running and he knows the media and how they operate. Even the black umm......afro-american comedians who were there were shocked. But if u say something in a public forum it's out there and that's just the way it is. Fair maybe not. BUT if u can accept the praise...then u better accept the criticism.
like others have said, Kramer didn't call you the N word.

he used it towards somebody who was disrupting his set, but I do completely agree that a good comedian can turn the heckling back towards the heckler in a funny way, but if that doesn't work the security needs to step in and throw the guy out if he's ruining the show for everyone. There's no tape of the heckling, so we really have no idea what he was yelling.

one persons insult towards another person should not warrant this much attention.

it's just gotten to such a point in our country with political correctness that it's a whole mess where people are scared to speak what's on their minds for fear of offending people. I'm not even sure what we're all supposed to call each other anymore.

I'd prefer for people to err on the side of offending people/speaking their minds than to spout politically correct dribble which has no content/value.

people are way too scared about hurting each others feelings IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #22
obLu
Major
obLu's Avatar
15
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kirkland, WA, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
First as an AFRO-american, black, negro or whatever the hell society calls me now, I don't care not do I need richards apology because that's how he feels and I don't have to guess what's in his mind or on his mind. He got heckeled and that's part of the comic business...it happens. The good comedians know how to use that enengy and throw it back at the heckler. The bad ones don't know how to handle it and they crack under the pressure. He said what he said and he has to deal with it. He knew the cameras were running and he knows the media and how they operate. Even the black umm......afro-american comedians who were there were shocked. But if u say something in a public forum it's out there and that's just the way it is. Fair maybe not. BUT if u can accept the praise...then u better accept the criticism
Not disagreeing ... you're spot on. My point is that the issue is between Richards and the dude his anger was directed toward. It is nice that we all got to see that underneath he's a complete asshole, but other than that it's really not anybody else's business. For all we know, since we didn't get to see what started it, the guy in the audience could've been shouting anti-semitic crap at Richards to provoke the response. Not that it excuses it, the point is the whole issue is between Richards and the dude. Not john-q public.

And from the quality of the video, it looks like somebody was bootlegging it; not a professional production where Richards knew the cameras were there.

I guess my bigger point is, why is there such a media outcry over a comedian going batshit at a comedy performance, but a racially motivated beating by an LA cop gets swept away in a 10sec blurb never to be heard of again?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST