BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GTB Performance
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
21
Rep
558
Posts

 
Drives: ????
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Anyone know where to get a police complaint form? I need one.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
Blake
Banned
No_Country
179
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Anyone know where to get a police complaint form? I need one.
yea, it's right here:
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #25
Gotadime
Private First Class
Gotadime's Avatar
6
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kentucky

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
It seems like most of the people who are being harassed are being very belligerent or otherwise showing a complete lack of respect toward the officers. You combine that with a very stressful job that receives little to no positive recognition by the general public and I can understand how a few cops here and there just "lose it" one day.

Does that make it right? No. But I'm pretty positive that these incidents hardly happen to someone who is polite and respectful, not just toward law officers, but just in the general conduct of themselves.
This video was very interesting. I'll be passing it on for sure. As far as the quote above goes, I agree, but my firm stance on this subject is that when it's coming to civilian protection and safety, one slip-up is entirely unacceptable and should go without toleration of any kind. You may say that this is a ridiculous statement that can never be reached. That's correct. But you must live by this statement as much as you can. As soon as say "well, it's bound to happen every now and then" and let it slip, your problem will only get worse.

Multiple slips were displayed in this video. I don't care if they were yesterday, a month ago, a year ago, or 50 years ago - one time is one time too many, regardless of date. I have a pretty stressful job, but that doesn't mean that if I feel anxiety, I'm allowed to slip up and shoot an innocent person in the face or strip them and place them in a cell just because every now and then, someone is bound to "lose it" some day. There is no exception to this rule. Murder is murder, sexual assault is sexual assault. Period.

Like I said, I agree with what you said and I am grateful to all of our men in uniform for what they do for us on a daily basis. Most of them are not this way; these are rare occurrences. But when you really think about what these occurrences caused, you realize that there can't be any mistakes when it comes to being a cop. If you think you're going to have anxiety problems, get the fuck off the force, because you're not fit for any job that requires you to be responsible with a gun.
__________________

I specialize in Automotive Photography. Visit my site here.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #26
ARMAN
Banned
ARMAN's Avatar
10
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
That's probably the most ignorant statement I have EVER heard.

No my friend you are ignorant. Go read and get some education yourself.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ducation_x.htm

USToday
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #27
addy85
Got beef?
addy85's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,646
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Arman where are u from?
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #28
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
That's probably the most ignorant statement I have EVER heard.
Daaaaaammmmnnnm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
No my friend you are ignorant. Go read and get some education yourself.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ducation_x.htm

USToday
Awwwww snap.


Fight! Fight! Fight!

Someone call the police.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #29
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
chungdae's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
No my friend you are ignorant. Go read and get some education yourself.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ducation_x.htm

USToday
1. That article is over 4 years old.
2. I have 3 degrees at the age of 25; suma cum-laude criminal justice, accounting, and marketing.
3. I was hired by MDPD, but decided to turn it down after taking over a jewelry and sneaker corporation. I'm more than educated.

MANY agencies and departments are ONLY looking for cadets with a college degree. Keep up with the generation and not stay in the past.

Also, what credentials do you have? Making statements like that make you look ignorant. Educate yourself before you speak. Another thing proper punctuation and grammar make yourself look like a more credible person.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #30
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
1. That article is over 4 years old.
2. I have 3 degrees at the age of 25; suma cum-laude criminal justice, accounting, and marketing.
3. I was hired by MDPD, but decided to turn it down after taking over a jewelry and sneaker corporation. I'm more than educated.

MANY agencies and departments are ONLY looking for cadets with a college degree. Keep up with the generation and not stay in the past.

Also, what credentials do you have? Making statements like that make you look ignorant. Educate yourself before you speak. Another thing proper punctuation and grammar make yourself look like a more credible person.
Another jab, and another. This is getting brutal folks. ARMAN is getting punished on the ropes, but can he bounce back?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #31
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
chungdae's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
I have no respect for Police officers. Im feel sad for them really. Most of them are POS who chose to join the Police because they cant get a job anywhere else. Most of them dont even have a college degree.
Remember, THIS is your original statement. Analyze it, interpret it, and then speak. Maybe this time you will see how ignorant this statement really intends.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
Remember, THIS is your original statement. Analyze it, interpret it, and then speak. Maybe this time you will see how ignorant this statement really intends.
...and chundae's still hammering away at ARMAN. ARMAN is really going to have to dig down deep to come back from this one, folks. We'll see if he has what it takes to bounce back in the next round.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #33
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Folks, I'm being told that we have a special guest commentator joining us in booth today. Mr. Valley has lots of experience with internet squabbles, and will hopefully be providing us with valuable insight into todays fight. JH, how are things, and what do you make of todays fight so far?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #34
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
442
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Folks, I'm being told that we have a special guest commentator joining us in booth today. Mr. Valley has lots of experience with internet squabbles, and will hopefully be providing us with valuable insight into todays fight. JH, how are things, and what do you make of todays fight so far?
first off, i'd like to thank radix for giving me the opportunity to commentate on this fairly one-sided e-fight. it's been a while since i've had the opportunity to announce and damn, it feels good to be back

as far as this little e-altercation is concerned; i don't see how ARMAN can pull out the W. i mean, chungdae has absolutely obliterated him thus far in every exchange. i'm waiting for ARMAN's response, he better make it a good one or else i don't see this ending too well for him
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #35
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
442
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

hopefully ARMAN decides to throw some shots soon, this is getting to be more boring than the pacquiao-clottey fight
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
hopefully ARMAN decides to throw some shots soon, this is getting to be more boring than the pacquiao-clottey fight
I agree completely JH, although ARMAN is still on his feet, if doesn't get some good shots in soon this match might just have to be settled by decision. If it comes down to a decision I think the judges are going to vote in chungdae's favor as he seems to have landed a lot more blows.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #37
iBoost
Brigadier General
iBoost's Avatar
49
Rep
3,041
Posts

 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (13)

i got $10 on Chungdae ARMAN is getting hammered.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #38
ARMAN
Banned
ARMAN's Avatar
10
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Well if he wants to defend the police officers who wouldn't think twice before putting their MAG flashlight up his ass so be it.

This might clear things up a little bit...

Is a Criminal Justice Degree a requirement if you want to work in law enforcement?

Several years ago, when I first started researching law enforcement careers, I was under the impression that a criminal justice degree is a mandatory requirement. Heck, I thought any 4-year degree had to be a mandatory accomplishment. After countless hours of research, interviews, and reading emails I learned more about how a lot of police departments in the country work when it comes to applicants with or without a degree.

First of all, contrary to the popular belief, a degree in criminal justice is not a requirement to be a police officer. In most departments, which require a degree to be completed prior to the application process, the applicants can have a degree in any discipline they got it in. Plain and simple. If you have a degree in Business, or a degree in History, you are a successful college graduate and you are past the educational hurdle, at least for now. This is for those “hard-to-get-into” police departments and Federal law enforcement agencies, like: FBI, DEA, or ICE.

Secondly, did you know that a criminal justice degree is not always a requirement? Better yet, did you know that any degree from an accredited academic institution in not always required? Yes, it’s true. Many police departments across the country will hire a high school graduate or a person who’s completing their college. However, within X number of years, the completion of at least 60 semester credit hours, or a full 4-year degree, is mandatory to keep your job. So, for example, the state of Wisconsin is trying to implement a 5-year term from hire to the time the educational requirement has to be completed – I think it’s 60 regular semester credits / 90 quarterly credits, or an equivalent of an Associates degree in 5 years. Each state has its own rules and time frames, some don’t have any at all – at least not yet.

Some departments, like the Chicago Police Department, requires that the applicant has 60 college credits at the time of application.

So, keep in mind that although you may need no education, some education, or a full 4-year degree at the time of application, you are still going to see those that have their degrees completed get the better pay and perhaps faster/better promotions. In my opinion, no matter if you work for a small/rural police department or a large/metropolitan police department, education is key.

Now, about Criminal Justice Degree as the absolute requirement. Despite what I said about a degree in Criminal Justice not being required, it is wise to take such a degree if you know that you would like to become a LEO. Think of a degree in Criminal Justice as a strong background for law enforcement and administrative duties while working for a Police Department, Sheriff’s Office, State Patrol, of Federal Government.

In any case, consider that there are many incentives for those completing college, with completed Bachelor degree, or an advanced degree, like: Master’s or Doctorate. Many medium and large law enforcement organizations give a percentage of salary increase per educational level completed. That can be substantial if you have a Bachelor’s degree or above. Also, certain positions within the organization require certain educational requirements, which can mean a move to a better position and a salary increase as well.

To recap:

In many cases, you don’t need a degree to start, but you may need one after X number of years
A degree in Criminal Justice is not the only degree accepted, but is often preferred in law enforcement agencies (see agency’s website / brochure for more info as there are some agencies that may prefer a Business or a Law Degree)
Usually, smaller departments start you off with a high school degree, medium departments with high school or 60 credit hours or Associate’s, big departments 60 credits / Associate’s or Bachelor’s
In the long run, a Bachelor degree is better than no degree
Education pays more and positions you for better promotions
Bonus: there’s a growing trend amongst law enforcement agencies to reward those who embark on a quest towards a degree, or advanced courses, with tuition assistance. Often the assistance can cover your college costs 100% and will most likely be based on the grades you get.
I always recommend to see more details about hiring information and application requirements from the agency in question. Most law enforcement agencies have websites or an information hotline for interested candidates.

http://criminaljusticeonlineblog.com...a-requirement/ a 2010 article
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #39
iBoost
Brigadier General
iBoost's Avatar
49
Rep
3,041
Posts

 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (13)

oh fuck that, thats too much to read
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #40
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
442
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

ARMAN retaliates with a tl;dr post. this is a fairly unexpected move. i'm not sure it's going to work out in his favor as chungdae doesn't seem like the kind of person to be phased by sneaky plays such as this. chungdae can close this out in one post if he plays his cards correctly. man, this is finally getting exciting
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #41
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
Well if he wants to defend the police officers who wouldn't think twice before putting their MAG flashlight up his ass so be it.

This might clear things up a little bit...

Is a Criminal Justice Degree a requirement if you want to work in law enforcement?

Several years ago, when I first started researching law enforcement careers, I was under the impression that a criminal justice degree is a mandatory requirement. Heck, I thought any 4-year degree had to be a mandatory accomplishment. After countless hours of research, interviews, and reading emails I learned more about how a lot of police departments in the country work when it comes to applicants with or without a degree.

First of all, contrary to the popular belief, a degree in criminal justice is not a requirement to be a police officer. In most departments, which require a degree to be completed prior to the application process, the applicants can have a degree in any discipline they got it in. Plain and simple. If you have a degree in Business, or a degree in History, you are a successful college graduate and you are past the educational hurdle, at least for now. This is for those “hard-to-get-into” police departments and Federal law enforcement agencies, like: FBI, DEA, or ICE.

Secondly, did you know that a criminal justice degree is not always a requirement? Better yet, did you know that any degree from an accredited academic institution in not always required? Yes, it’s true. Many police departments across the country will hire a high school graduate or a person who’s completing their college. However, within X number of years, the completion of at least 60 semester credit hours, or a full 4-year degree, is mandatory to keep your job. So, for example, the state of Wisconsin is trying to implement a 5-year term from hire to the time the educational requirement has to be completed – I think it’s 60 regular semester credits / 90 quarterly credits, or an equivalent of an Associates degree in 5 years. Each state has its own rules and time frames, some don’t have any at all – at least not yet.

Some departments, like the Chicago Police Department, requires that the applicant has 60 college credits at the time of application.

So, keep in mind that although you may need no education, some education, or a full 4-year degree at the time of application, you are still going to see those that have their degrees completed get the better pay and perhaps faster/better promotions. In my opinion, no matter if you work for a small/rural police department or a large/metropolitan police department, education is key.

Now, about Criminal Justice Degree as the absolute requirement. Despite what I said about a degree in Criminal Justice not being required, it is wise to take such a degree if you know that you would like to become a LEO. Think of a degree in Criminal Justice as a strong background for law enforcement and administrative duties while working for a Police Department, Sheriff’s Office, State Patrol, of Federal Government.

In any case, consider that there are many incentives for those completing college, with completed Bachelor degree, or an advanced degree, like: Master’s or Doctorate. Many medium and large law enforcement organizations give a percentage of salary increase per educational level completed. That can be substantial if you have a Bachelor’s degree or above. Also, certain positions within the organization require certain educational requirements, which can mean a move to a better position and a salary increase as well.

To recap:

In many cases, you don’t need a degree to start, but you may need one after X number of years
A degree in Criminal Justice is not the only degree accepted, but is often preferred in law enforcement agencies (see agency’s website / brochure for more info as there are some agencies that may prefer a Business or a Law Degree)
Usually, smaller departments start you off with a high school degree, medium departments with high school or 60 credit hours or Associate’s, big departments 60 credits / Associate’s or Bachelor’s
In the long run, a Bachelor degree is better than no degree
Education pays more and positions you for better promotions
Bonus: there’s a growing trend amongst law enforcement agencies to reward those who embark on a quest towards a degree, or advanced courses, with tuition assistance. Often the assistance can cover your college costs 100% and will most likely be based on the grades you get.
I always recommend to see more details about hiring information and application requirements from the agency in question. Most law enforcement agencies have websites or an information hotline for interested candidates.

http://criminaljusticeonlineblog.com...a-requirement/ a 2010 article

I don't know JH, it seems like ARMAN is still reeling from the blows that chundae hit him with and his backpedalling a bit. Although he came out with a few decent punches I think chundae is still getting the better of this one folks.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #42
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Folks, we're going to have to take a short commercial break. We'll be back in a bit with continuing coverage of the action as it develops. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #43
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Kensta335's Avatar
48
Rep
3,634
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

iTrader: (4)

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #44
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
chungdae's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
Well if he wants to defend the police officers who wouldn't think twice before putting their MAG flashlight up his ass so be it.

This might clear things up a little bit...

Is a Criminal Justice Degree a requirement if you want to work in law enforcement?

Several years ago, when I first started researching law enforcement careers, I was under the impression that a criminal justice degree is a mandatory requirement. Heck, I thought any 4-year degree had to be a mandatory accomplishment. After countless hours of research, interviews, and reading emails I learned more about how a lot of police departments in the country work when it comes to applicants with or without a degree.

First of all, contrary to the popular belief, a degree in criminal justice is not a requirement to be a police officer. In most departments, which require a degree to be completed prior to the application process, the applicants can have a degree in any discipline they got it in. Plain and simple. If you have a degree in Business, or a degree in History, you are a successful college graduate and you are past the educational hurdle, at least for now. This is for those “hard-to-get-into” police departments and Federal law enforcement agencies, like: FBI, DEA, or ICE.

Secondly, did you know that a criminal justice degree is not always a requirement? Better yet, did you know that any degree from an accredited academic institution in not always required? Yes, it’s true. Many police departments across the country will hire a high school graduate or a person who’s completing their college. However, within X number of years, the completion of at least 60 semester credit hours, or a full 4-year degree, is mandatory to keep your job. So, for example, the state of Wisconsin is trying to implement a 5-year term from hire to the time the educational requirement has to be completed – I think it’s 60 regular semester credits / 90 quarterly credits, or an equivalent of an Associates degree in 5 years. Each state has its own rules and time frames, some don’t have any at all – at least not yet.

Some departments, like the Chicago Police Department, requires that the applicant has 60 college credits at the time of application.

So, keep in mind that although you may need no education, some education, or a full 4-year degree at the time of application, you are still going to see those that have their degrees completed get the better pay and perhaps faster/better promotions. In my opinion, no matter if you work for a small/rural police department or a large/metropolitan police department, education is key.

Now, about Criminal Justice Degree as the absolute requirement. Despite what I said about a degree in Criminal Justice not being required, it is wise to take such a degree if you know that you would like to become a LEO. Think of a degree in Criminal Justice as a strong background for law enforcement and administrative duties while working for a Police Department, Sheriff’s Office, State Patrol, of Federal Government.

In any case, consider that there are many incentives for those completing college, with completed Bachelor degree, or an advanced degree, like: Master’s or Doctorate. Many medium and large law enforcement organizations give a percentage of salary increase per educational level completed. That can be substantial if you have a Bachelor’s degree or above. Also, certain positions within the organization require certain educational requirements, which can mean a move to a better position and a salary increase as well.

To recap:

In many cases, you don’t need a degree to start, but you may need one after X number of years
A degree in Criminal Justice is not the only degree accepted, but is often preferred in law enforcement agencies (see agency’s website / brochure for more info as there are some agencies that may prefer a Business or a Law Degree)
Usually, smaller departments start you off with a high school degree, medium departments with high school or 60 credit hours or Associate’s, big departments 60 credits / Associate’s or Bachelor’s
In the long run, a Bachelor degree is better than no degree
Education pays more and positions you for better promotions
Bonus: there’s a growing trend amongst law enforcement agencies to reward those who embark on a quest towards a degree, or advanced courses, with tuition assistance. Often the assistance can cover your college costs 100% and will most likely be based on the grades you get.
I always recommend to see more details about hiring information and application requirements from the agency in question. Most law enforcement agencies have websites or an information hotline for interested candidates.

http://criminaljusticeonlineblog.com...a-requirement/ a 2010 article
This as your initial statement would have prevented a misunderstanding and misinterpretation on our behalf. That post is very informative and yes it is NOT a requirement for you to have a degree to be a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer), though many departments now are requiring it.

Being a CPO (Certified Police Officer) is not an easy task. The hiring process is a long and nerve wrecking process. First you have to be qualified (no severe criminal history, very little to no traffic citations, very little to no drug use, etc), after you qualify you have to take a CJBAT (Criminal Justice Basil Ability Test) which you need a 80%+ to pass, then you have that 20+ page application to fill out, then you have another application to fill out to match your initial for the Polygraph and/or CVSA (Computerized Voice Stress Analysis), then you have a 8 hour 500+ psychological questionnaire you have to pass, then you have a 1 on 1 with the psychiatrist to determine if you are fit for law enforcement, then from there you have to take a medical exam which was a urine sample, hair sample, and nail clipping sample. The process can take up to 2 years. After you are hired that's just the beginning. From there you have to pass the Academy. You can fail at any moment if the Sergeant and/or Lieutenant feels you are not good enough.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST