BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
 
Spoolin335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,155
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.50]
The Largest Street Gang in America

Very good video, long but worth the watch if you have some free time.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=54162036

Watching videos like this make me want to go back to school to become a lawyer. Sure every story has two sides, but there is absolutely no excuse for police brutality. Nobody deserves to get beaten, especially if they have done nothing wrong.

I am not saying everyone in that video is innocent, but it is obvious in many of those cases that the officer is way over stepping. I noticed someone said 'police work is stressful and you can crack causing you to lose it one someone'. Sure this is true, but it doesnt make it right. If you can not handle your job you should not be a cop. If a cop ever threatened me like this for no absolute reason i would go as far as i can with the law to make sure justice is served.

This video is obviously very one sided. Cops do a lot of good work, but it drives me absolutely insane when i see good law abiding citizens getting treated like shit by the long dick of the law.
__________________

Spoolin335 is offline   Canada
0
      04-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
aut0sh0cker
meh
 
aut0sh0cker's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 91362

Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (2)

It seems like most of the people who are being harassed are being very belligerent or otherwise showing a complete lack of respect toward the officers. You combine that with a very stressful job that receives little to no positive recognition by the general public and I can understand how a few cops here and there just "lose it" one day.

Does that make it right? No. But I'm pretty positive that these incidents hardly happen to someone who is polite and respectful, not just toward law officers, but just in the general conduct of themselves.
aut0sh0cker is offline   United_States
0
      04-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Dan in PA
Captain
 
Dan in PA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
It seems like most of the people who are being harassed are being very belligerent or otherwise showing a complete lack of respect toward the officers. You combine that with a very stressful job that receives little to no positive recognition by the general public and I can understand how a few cops here and there just "lose it" one day.

Does that make it right? No. But I'm pretty positive that these incidents hardly happen to someone who is polite and respectful, not just toward law officers, but just in the general conduct of themselves.


Couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Dan in PA is offline   United_States
0
      04-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
Vanity
Private First Class
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
It seems like most of the people who are being harassed are being very belligerent or otherwise showing a complete lack of respect toward the officers. You combine that with a very stressful job that receives little to no positive recognition by the general public and I can understand how a few cops here and there just "lose it" one day.

Does that make it right? No. But I'm pretty positive that these incidents hardly happen to someone who is polite and respectful, not just toward law officers, but just in the general conduct of themselves.
I'm sorry, but did you watch and see the kid who was arrested and put face down on the floor at the train station? He was zero threat, couldn't even move. That is the best situation (from the officers point of view) to be in. His friends had their arms up and against the wall. The police officer took out his gun and shot the kid, handcuffed lying face-down on the floor. That's fucking bullshit. That kid died.

Call it a stressful job or whatever the fuck excuse you want to give the cops. I say it's bullshit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being a dick with power.

I also STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why that woman was the one ARRESTED when she called police for help. I also don't understand why seven people had to be in a jail cell to remove her clothes, or for that matter why she was stripped and left naked in a jail cell by herself. The fuck is that? Where does a small woman pose any sort of threat to an officer who carries a tazer, bat, and a gun? Sure, she might have not been the most polite and collected person. But honestly, I wouldn't have been either. Not when I call them for help and they're beating my ass to the floor and strip me naked.

I don't hate police by the way. They've helped me out in the past and I'm VERY grateful. But watching this video made me cringe.

Last edited by Vanity; 04-07-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Vanity is offline   Canada
0
      04-07-2010, 03:03 AM   #5
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I'm sorry, but did you watch and see the kid who was arrested and put face down on the floor at the train station? He was zero threat, couldn't even move. That is the best situation (from the officers point of view) to be in. His friends had their arms up and against the wall. The police officer took out his gun and shot the kid, handcuffed lying face-down on the floor. That's fucking bullshit. That kid died.

Call it a stressful job or whatever the fuck excuse you want to give the cops. I say it's bullshit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being a dick with power.

I also STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why that woman was the one ARRESTED when she called police for help. I also don't understand why seven people had to be in a jail cell to remove her clothes, or for that matter why she was stripped and left naked in a jail cell by herself. The fuck is that? Where does a small woman pose any sort of threat to an officer who carries a tazer, bat, and a gun? Sure, she might have not been the most polite and collected person. But honestly, I wouldn't have been either. Not when I call them for help and they're beating my ass to the floor and strip me naked.

I don't hate police by the way. They've helped me out in the past and I'm VERY grateful. But watching this video made me cringe.
Most of that stuff was pretty old, the cop who shot the kid in the train station was charged with murder so he got what he deserved.
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      04-07-2010, 03:23 AM   #6
Vanity
Private First Class
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Most of that stuff was pretty old, the cop who shot the kid in the train station was charged with murder so he got what he deserved.
I feel better...
Vanity is offline   Canada
0
      04-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

sometimes their badges get to heavy for their shirt IMHO




Ok maybe more than sometimes
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
      04-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Aija
Captain
 
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California, Bay Area

Posts: 687
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I'm sorry, but did you watch and see the kid who was arrested and put face down on the floor at the train station? He was zero threat, couldn't even move. That is the best situation (from the officers point of view) to be in. His friends had their arms up and against the wall. The police officer took out his gun and shot the kid, handcuffed lying face-down on the floor. That's fucking bullshit. That kid died.

Call it a stressful job or whatever the fuck excuse you want to give the cops. I say it's bullshit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being a dick with power.

I also STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why that woman was the one ARRESTED when she called police for help. I also don't understand why seven people had to be in a jail cell to remove her clothes, or for that matter why she was stripped and left naked in a jail cell by herself. The fuck is that? Where does a small woman pose any sort of threat to an officer who carries a tazer, bat, and a gun? Sure, she might have not been the most polite and collected person. But honestly, I wouldn't have been either. Not when I call them for help and they're beating my ass to the floor and strip me naked.

I don't hate police by the way. They've helped me out in the past and I'm VERY grateful. But watching this video made me cringe.
As someone stated, the cop did get charged for murder. He will be tried this summer. Family is suing for 25million i believe.

I was at the scene one hour after this shootout had happened. Happened in New Years 2009 at the Bart Station. After this event, alot of chaos broke down in Oakland for a week (as if there isnt already enough chaos down there).
Aija is offline  
0
      04-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
len56
Private
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: like a gentleman, yo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

this is why i want to privatize the defense industry.

and by that I mean have my own iron man suit.


edit: LMAO at 4:56 the cop is arresting everyone in sight lol "ur under aarrrreest! and ur under aaarest too!" (best i can type a southern accent :P)
__________________
i love german cars
len56 is offline  
0
      04-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
 
Drives: ????
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: los angeles

Posts: 558
iTrader: (1)

scary stuff.
Socale92 is offline  
0
      04-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

in other news, myspace still exists
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
      04-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
DBFIU
Crack Addict
 
DBFIU's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hollywood, Florida

Posts: 762
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DBFIU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
in other news, myspace still exists
win
__________________
2009 - Titanium Silver - Steptronic - 135i - Nasty
DBFIU is offline   United_States
0
      04-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

i just watched the entire video. i don't really know what to say. it's worth a watch.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
      04-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
HighBeam$
New Member
 
Drives: Not an m3 yet :[
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NorCal

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
As someone stated, the cop did get charged for murder. He will be tried this summer. Family is suing for 25million i believe.

I was at the scene one hour after this shootout had happened. Happened in New Years 2009 at the Bart Station. After this event, alot of chaos broke down in Oakland for a week (as if there isnt already enough chaos down there).
Oakland will take any reason to go apeshit on themselves. When the Raiders got destroyed in the superbowl people rioted and looted a bunch of shops downtown to make themselves feel better.
HighBeam$ is offline  
0
      04-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #15
AW335TT
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)

I hate cops.. well not all, but most are fkn dicks.
__________________
AW335TT is offline   Armenia
0
      04-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #16
ARMAN
Banned
 
ARMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

I have no respect for Police officers. Im feel sad for them really. Most of them are POS who chose to join the Police because they cant get a job anywhere else. Most of them dont even have a college degree.
ARMAN is offline  
0
      04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
I have no respect for Police officers. Im feel sad for them really. Most of them are POS who chose to join the Police because they cant get a job anywhere else. Most of them dont even have a college degree.
That's probably the most ignorant statement I have EVER heard.
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
      04-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #18
D_o_S
LCI'd
 
Drives: 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Home

Posts: 808
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I'm sorry, but did you watch and see the kid who was arrested and put face down on the floor at the train station? He was zero threat, couldn't even move. That is the best situation (from the officers point of view) to be in. His friends had their arms up and against the wall. The police officer took out his gun and shot the kid, handcuffed lying face-down on the floor. That's fucking bullshit. That kid died.

Call it a stressful job or whatever the fuck excuse you want to give the cops. I say it's bullshit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being a dick with power.

I also STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND why that woman was the one ARRESTED when she called police for help. I also don't understand why seven people had to be in a jail cell to remove her clothes, or for that matter why she was stripped and left naked in a jail cell by herself. The fuck is that? Where does a small woman pose any sort of threat to an officer who carries a tazer, bat, and a gun? Sure, she might have not been the most polite and collected person. But honestly, I wouldn't have been either. Not when I call them for help and they're beating my ass to the floor and strip me naked.

I don't hate police by the way. They've helped me out in the past and I'm VERY grateful. But watching this video made me cringe.
We're just people... I advise you read this: http://www.prisonexp.org/... If you don't know it already... point is, we all learn to act acording to our circumstances... as a police officer, you are BOUND to become "evil" eventually, no matter how good you are inside... It's the same with soldiers in Iraq, etc, etc...
D_o_S is offline  
0
      04-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
We're just people... I advise you read this: http://www.prisonexp.org/... If you don't know it already... point is, we all learn to act acording to our circumstances... as a police officer, you are BOUND to become "evil" eventually, no matter how good you are inside... It's the same with soldiers in Iraq, etc, etc...
yes im a soldier and i become evil while in iraq. when im do convoys i get on the speaker and do the whole muahhahahaha
lopealle is offline   Zimbabwe
0
      04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #20
D_o_S
LCI'd
 
Drives: 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Home

Posts: 808
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
yes im a soldier and i become evil while in iraq. when im do convoys i get on the speaker and do the whole muahhahahaha
"evil", not evil, you know what I mean... every situation affects our mental state of mind...
D_o_S is offline  
0
      04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #21
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
We had an incident here in Champaign recently where a cop shot a young kid who was suspected of breaking into a house. He actually had permission to be at the house. There was supposedly no struggle, but the kid ended up shot and died. The investigation concluded the cop just made a mistake and took no action against him.

How the f**k is it a "mistake" when the gun has to come out of the holster, be taken off safety, pointed at the kid, and have the trigger pulled? Especially considering there was no struggle or physical resistance from the kid?

I'm still waiting for the lawsuit to be announced. It's got to be coming.

I have a couple of friends who are/were cops. One was a state trooper who was in charge of fatal accident investigations. Got to hand it to them, they have to deal with the scum of society and dead bodies and injured people. It's a tough, tough job. It's a wonder more people don't get shot for minor stuff.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is online now   United_States
0
      04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #22
Kensta335
Brigadier General
 
Kensta335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

Posts: 3,633
iTrader: (4)

Anyone know where to get a police complaint form? I need one.
Kensta335 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST