BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Evolve Automotive

03-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Oh. My. God. Do some people just protest without any knowledge of what they're protesting? Look, if you're going to protest something, at least research it and decide what you specifically dislike.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
I love the "LOOK AT ME" guy wearing the tie-dye shirt and Mickey Mouse wizard hat saying "They must be smoking the funny stuff"

and

"That's not a bill, that's socialized"

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine

Drives: 07 GTI

Hahahahaha purple coolaid. Epic.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

hahahah wow. people are so well educated....
/sarcasm
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Do some people just protest without any knowledge of what they're protesting?
Of course. People are stupid.
      03-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Buegie
Captain
United_States

Drives: 330xi

Quote:
yes

The problem with these videos is that they're not representative, there are morons in every party. You can't interview 100+ people, condense it down to the ten most retarded and say that it proves something.
      03-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but this parallels almost identically to the throngs that had no idea what they were voting for when electing Obama, am I not speaking truthfully?

The uneducated are everywhere, from every walk of life, supporting every party.

We were in your same position before Obama was elected, saying the same things.

Piggy-backing off of what the previous poster stated, you are the one (not the people in the video.. Ok well maybe both of you) that looks naive when you post things like this like they really mean something in the grand scheme of things. I promise you, they do not.
      03-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
The problem with these videos is that they're not representative, there are morons in every party. You can't interview 100+ people, condense it down to the ten most retarded and say that it proves something.
Yeah. That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's just amazing that some people can be so stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Piggy-backing off of what the previous poster stated, you are the one (not the people in the video.. Ok well maybe both of you) that looks naive when you post things like this like they really mean something in the grand scheme of things. I promise you, they do not.
I don't recall saying that it matters in the grand scheme of things at all. You just did.

Re-read:
Quote:
I didn't realize that the word "some" now means "the entire protest group as a whole."

Last edited by fdsasdasdf; 03-21-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Usually when someone dedicates an entire thread to a topic or event (especially in this forum), they are trying to make a point or prove something.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your motive as meaningful comparison or discussion..?

If you were trying to make a point, was it that there are morons out there on both sides of the fence that have no idea what they are supporting or condemning? No shit.

And please don't try and claim that in posting this thread you were not trying to cast a negative light on the opposition to health care as a whole. Why else would you have posted this? We all know which side you are on. I think you are under the impression that if you say things like "some people" you are masking the fact that you are making unfounded generalities that mean nothing. I don't know about anyone else, but you aren't fooling me.

Last edited by bolinp78; 03-21-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Couch
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but this parallels almost identically to the throngs that had no idea what they were voting for when electing Obama, am I not speaking truthfully?

The uneducated are everywhere, from every walk of life, supporting every party.

We were in your same position before Obama was elected, saying the same things.

True, there's idiots in every group.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
doc1911
First Lieutenant

Drives: Sold my 335i and looking

Quote:

Oh. My. God. Do some people just protest without any knowledge of what they're protesting? Look, if you're going to protest something, at least research it and decide what you specifically dislike.
Sounds like the left wing for the last 40 years! 99% of the left, whether they be the limo libs form Hollywood and NY or the hippie sponges, that protest all sorts of stuff have no idea what they are talking about
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #12
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country

Drives: -

I still think it's funny that the media keeps calling them tea baggers.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #13
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
No_Country

Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
I still think it's funny that the media keeps calling them tea baggers.
I'd rather be a "tea bagger" than a "tea baggee".....

ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
Sounds like the left wing for the last 40 years! 99% of the left, whether they be the limo libs form Hollywood and NY or the hippie sponges, that protest all sorts of stuff have no idea what they are talking about
All this proves is that there are idiots on both sides of the aisle. And sadly, it is these idiots that tend to vote. Reading articles about how people hate this and hate that, etc, but when it comes time to vote in November where are they? They don't vote so the same idiotic politicians get reelected by the people who vote by party lines or are stupid enough to believe what the politicians say.

As for me, I can't support anyone as of now. So I probably won't be voting( yeah I know I am a hypocrite). But, I can't support any party. Democrats are wussies worrying about getting reelected( since quite a few of them are from conservative districts/states) and the Republicans are just trying to regain their power and are unwilling to come to the table in a meaningful and civil way. And no way I am supporting the Tea Party. It is one thing to agree with the parties philosophy( I can agree with some of each parties ideals). But, the politicians and the actions of each party is totally different. I am suspect of why the Tea Party started up. This out of control spending, etc has been going on for at least 20 years( started by their golden boy Ronald Reagan in order to defeat the USSR). And they seemed to have popped up as soon as Obama was inaugurated before he even had a chance to do anything meaningful( there was the Stimulus bill I guess, but I still believe it needed to be done. Though I don't like the version that got passed. It cut out a lot of necessary infrastructure funding). Plus, the crazy right wing people( cough Palin cough) seem to be the face of the party right now.
Appreciate 0