BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2010, 08:01 AM   #133
SIIK2NR
Captain
 
SIIK2NR's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Dog

Posts: 604
iTrader: (0)

do all bmw dealers stock these now?
__________________
Current: 2006 Lotus Elise SC
Previous:
2008 AW E92 M3 6MT - Sold
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
SIIK2NR is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #134
weip98
Enlisted Member
 
weip98's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 LMB
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Can someone pls post pics of the fit on E93?
I'm contemplating this spoiler. Thanks
weip98 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #135
xiliy
Lieutenant
 
xiliy's Avatar
 
Drives: Ride BMC
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 484
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseroche View Post
I really don't think they made these spoilers to fit the E93!
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

I am leaning towards agreeing with you simply because the fit is not what i thought it would be, but reading this discription and even the picture shows this spoiler to be on e93. I am not sure what is going on here.
xiliy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #136
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,834
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Anyone have some pics on a IB or LMB?
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #137
Maseroche
Major
 
Maseroche's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

Posts: 1,402
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiliy View Post
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

I am leaning towards agreeing with you simply because the fit is not what i thought it would be, but reading this description and even the picture shows this spoiler to be on e93. I am not sure what is going on here.

Surprised that they actually sell these as E92/93 because those decks are a bit different and the fit will not be the same given that carbonfiber does not bend like urethane or other less rigid materiel.
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Maseroche is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #138
acerboo
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

Posts: 3,642
iTrader: (2)

finally will be fitting mine this week but still unsure wether to glue or tape it on have the strong 3m tape or betalink, paint shop and dealer say glue what do you think, are the taped ones still holding, appreciate feedback thanks.
acerboo is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #139
moog55
Major
 
moog55's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,110
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
finally will be fitting mine this week but still unsure wether to glue or tape it on have the strong 3m tape or betalink, paint shop and dealer say glue what do you think, are the taped ones still holding, appreciate feedback thanks.
mine was installed using only the 3M tape and it's still solid as a rock. however, me and pumper206 are going to reinstall ours using betalink. i'm doing it because i'm more afraid of someone stealing it. it would be much harder to steal if it's glued to the trunk deck.
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray | Black Novillo |M-DCT | Mods: 20" BBS LM Champion Edition |H&R springs | BMW glossy black grilles | matte black side vents | hardwire V1 | CF roundels | smoked reflectors | BMW aluminum pedals | OSS led angel eyes | 6000k lows | Eisenmann Race exhaust + connecting pipes| Eclipse Diffuser | BMW ZCP CF Splitters & CF Rear Spoiler | IND Custom CF & Space Grey mirrors | ModMyNav front cam, rear cam, iPod video player | Powerchip Stage 2 tune | BMW v2 electronic steering wheel |
moog55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #140
acerboo
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

Posts: 3,642
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
mine was installed using only the 3M tape and it's still solid as a rock. however, me and pumper206 are going to reinstall ours using betalink. i'm doing it because i'm more afraid of someone stealing it. it would be much harder to steal if it's glued to the trunk deck.
thanks, i agree 300 worth would be gutted if someone just peeled it off.
acerboo is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #141
acerboo
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

Posts: 3,642
iTrader: (2)

just stuck the spoiler on with betalink why is this stuff so difficult to use? every time ive used it the bloody top comes off the tube and it goes everywhere, why on earth cant they out it in a proper tube!! anyway the spoiler has a tiny ridge just off the edge of the spoiler and first of all i tried applying the glue behind this and when i applied the spoiler it was clear the glue was not touching the bootlid, so i took it off and applied more glue this time in front of the ridge (this is when the top came off the tube and i had to use the spatular to put the glue on) so this time the spoiler stuck but there was betalink everywhere and i juast mamnged to get it off before it dried. problem is i now have a line of glue along the edge of the spoiler which does not look very nice, rather wish id used the tape. too late now!
acerboo is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #142
tomvcarter
First Lieutenant
 
tomvcarter's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LONDON, UK

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to tomvcarter
where can i order this from in the UK?
And what should it cost for splitters and the spoiler?
__________________
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
tomvcarter is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #143
shawshank772
Captain
 
shawshank772's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago

Posts: 900
iTrader: (1)

I wonder when the first replicas will come out? I have a replica on my 135i. For 1/4 the cost it cant be beat!
shawshank772 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #144
Dougie335
Private First Class
 
Drives: Audi S5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

tomvcarter your main dealer can order them. It will cost about a grand fitted (GBP).

I just ordered my Compitition M3 and asked about the spoiler and splitters. The dealer was happy to fit the spoiler but the splitters came back with a fitment problem at BMW Germany.

Has anyone else heard of this. I have a good relationship with my dealer and he would not have said this for no reason.

Dougie.
Dougie335 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #145
acerboo
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

Posts: 3,642
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvcarter View Post
where can i order this from in the UK?
And what should it cost for splitters and the spoiler?
rear spoiler 350 from any bmw dealer about 30 mins to fit but needs to be not driven over night for the betacrap to set
acerboo is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #146
WCH
Major
 
WCH's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 SSII; '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 F10 M5  [0.00]
2014 Cayenne GTS  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Another install

Big thanks to Moog55 for the advice on the install.

Used only betalink after trying double sided tape.
Attached Images
  
__________________

Last edited by WCH; 06-27-2010 at 05:51 AM.
WCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #147
SteveT
New Member
 
Drives: Silverstone - E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to SteveT
How is the standard lip spoiler removed? I've seen with fishing line or dental floss. Do you need to use a hair dryer to heat it some?

Thanks.
SteveT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2010, 05:52 AM   #148
WCH
Major
 
WCH's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 SSII; '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 F10 M5  [0.00]
2014 Cayenne GTS  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
How is the standard lip spoiler removed? I've seen with fishing line or dental floss. Do you need to use a hair dryer to heat it some?

Thanks.
I used dental floss after letting the car hit in the sun for about 30 min. Came off pretty easily.

Then I used GooGone to remove what was left of the tape that holds the OEM spoiler on.
__________________
WCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #149
tomvcarter
First Lieutenant
 
tomvcarter's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LONDON, UK

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to tomvcarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie335 View Post
tomvcarter your main dealer can order them. It will cost about a grand fitted (GBP).

I just ordered my Compitition M3 and asked about the spoiler and splitters. The dealer was happy to fit the spoiler but the splitters came back with a fitment problem at BMW Germany.

Has anyone else heard of this. I have a good relationship with my dealer and he would not have said this for no reason.

Dougie.
My local dealer was able to quote me for Spoiler and Splitters, they never mentioned any fitmetn issues?
900 for both fitted. (BMW Battersea)
Shame there is not a ZCP rear diffuser too...
__________________
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
tomvcarter is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #150
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Did some one install on E 93? and how does it look like?
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #151
C17MooseDriver
Captain
 
C17MooseDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 868
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
just stuck the spoiler on with betalink why is this stuff so difficult to use? every time ive used it the bloody top comes off the tube and it goes everywhere, why on earth cant they out it in a proper tube!! anyway the spoiler has a tiny ridge just off the edge of the spoiler and first of all i tried applying the glue behind this and when i applied the spoiler it was clear the glue was not touching the bootlid, so i took it off and applied more glue this time in front of the ridge (this is when the top came off the tube and i had to use the spatular to put the glue on) so this time the spoiler stuck but there was betalink everywhere and i juast mamnged to get it off before it dried. problem is i now have a line of glue along the edge of the spoiler which does not look very nice, rather wish id used the tape. too late now!
I just installed mine using beta link. I wanted it secured so no one can steal it.

What really helped was not using the tube the beta link came in. Instead, I cut a small slit in the tube and squeezed some into a sandwich bag. Then I cut the corner of the sandwich bag to make a pseudo piping bag (what pastry chefs use for icing). Then I piped a thin controlled amount of beta link on the edge of the spoiler. No spillage and no mess. I resealed the beta link tube since I only made a small slit and threw away the sandwich bag. Done.

Total install took about 15 mins. The hardest part was taking off the old spoiler.
__________________
C17MooseDriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #152
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I just installed mine using beta link. I wanted it secured so no one can steal it.

What really helped was not using the tube the beta link came in. Instead, I cut a small slit in the tube and squeezed some into a sandwich bag. Then I cut the corner of the sandwich bag to make a pseudo piping bag (what pastry chefs use for icing). Then I piped a thin controlled amount of beta link on the edge of the spoiler. No spillage and no mess. I resealed the beta link tube since I only made a small slit and threw away the sandwich bag. Done.

Total install took about 15 mins. The hardest part was taking off the old spoiler.
Do u have E93? can u post some pics of ur car ESP spoiler? Andbtw what kinda angel eyes u have?

Thanks
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #153
crazycarl16
Second Lieutenant
 
crazycarl16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Infiniti QX4
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bethesda, MD

Posts: 244
iTrader: (1)

Anyone have this on MR with some pics to post? Thanks.
__________________
2009 Melbourne Red E92 M3 (Gone, but not forgotten)
2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E86 Z4 M Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten)
crazycarl16 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #154
slimflem
get driving!
 
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to slimflem
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Not to be a contrarian but I think this thing is hideous. Very ricey, too big, doesn't work with the cars lines. JMHO...
I am also on the fence with this spoiler. I'd have to see it in person and also on a jerez or black E92 to make a decision. Also, how much is this thing? Probably like $100000 knowing BMW. What's the price you guys are paying?
slimflem is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST