BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

05-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
IanMan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Brake Fluid Low Again

Hey all. I'm currently having to refill my reservoir, yet again. I have no idea how my brake fluid got so low. It doesn't leak at all, I'm not seeing any fluids in my parking spot. I had the issue two months ago. I filled it up, and everything was fine. Now I'm getting the light again. Has anyone dealt with this before, and if so, where should I start?
2001 E46 M3- Phoenix Yellow - Gone
1984 E28 533i- Bronzitbeige Metallic - Gone
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #2
roastbeef
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i haven't had to deal with this, but maybe your seals/dust boots are shot and its leaking onto the pads/rotors and getting burned off.
      05-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
VictorH
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

It's leaking, you just need to find where. I'd start at the calipers and then work back. Take off the wheels and remove the pads at each corner, look at each piston, bleeder and brake line fitting. Check all of the brake lines including the middle ones in the back left side. If that's all dry then you'll need to move all the plastic from the master cylinder, not just the cover but the surrounding parts (it's not hard), look under the master and the ABS unit. Also, look inside the car near the brake pedal to make sure no brake fluid is tracking into the passenger compartment. Beyond that I'm not sure what else you can do, if still no luck then I guess you're off to the shop.
Appreciate 1