BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #67
end
New Member
 
Drives: car
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: usa

Posts: 23
iTrader: (1)

I just purchased a used 2008 e92 M3 for $49,000.
Alpine White
Black Novillo Interior
Tech
Premium
Cold Weather
19" wheels

37,500 miles

Came installed with lots of Dinan goodies:
4.10 Differential
High-Flow Throttle Bodies
High-Flow Exhaust
Software Flash
Stage 1 Suspension
end is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #68
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyj View Post
looking at an 09, non cpo sedan
tech
premium,
cold weather
dct
sedan
color combo I want.
dealer is asking 57.900 seems high to me.

any thoughts?
how many miles?
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #69
dizzyj
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: tx

Posts: 275
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
how many miles?
12k
dizzyj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #70
Saracen77
New Member
 
Drives: B6 A4 Avant
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Local dealer is selling:

'08 E90, 11xxx miles
6-speed
Melbourne Red, Beige Interior, wood trim (barf)
Options: EDC (no Nav), Enhanced Sound, smart phone integration

Was listed at $52k a couple of months ago, they are asking $47k...thoughts? Not the color/trim combo I like, but it is well priced and has low miles. Nav would be nice but it at least has EDC.
Saracen77 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #71
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen77 View Post
Local dealer is selling:

'08 E90, 11xxx miles
6-speed
Melbourne Red, Beige Interior, wood trim (barf)
Options: EDC (no Nav), Enhanced Sound, smart phone integration

Was listed at $52k a couple of months ago, they are asking $47k...thoughts? Not the color/trim combo I like, but it is well priced and has low miles. Nav would be nice but it at least has EDC.
So it doesn't have M drive? I thought EDC cars generally comes with M Drive.

Problem is you're in SoCal, which from what I heard might make the price higher. Here in Mid-atlantic this would sell for about $44k (correct me if this is bad pricing on my end). I would give him an offer of $44.9 ($900 about cost of shipping from coast to coast.)

Your biggest leverage is that it's an 08 and 2011s are for sale for invoice +$500.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #72
Saracen77
New Member
 
Drives: B6 A4 Avant
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
So it doesn't have M drive? I thought EDC cars generally comes with M Drive.

Problem is you're in SoCal, which from what I heard might make the price higher. Here in Mid-atlantic this would sell for about $44k (correct me if this is bad pricing on my end). I would give him an offer of $44.9 ($900 about cost of shipping from coast to coast.)

Your biggest leverage is that it's an 08 and 2011s are for sale for invoice +$500.
Correct, M Drive came only with the Technology package (which this one does not have). EDC is a $1000 standalone option...it just adds the 3-mode button next to the shifter.

Last edited by Saracen77; 08-04-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo
Saracen77 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #73
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen77 View Post
Correct, M Drive came only with the Technology package (which this one does not have). EDC is a $1000 standalone option...it just adds the 3-mode button next to the shifter.
oh heck, $44k cash firm, no additional fees then. (again correct me if anyone thinks this is too high) But you're in SoCal with high demand, even if you dont' want to get ripped off, someone else sure is willing to do it with a smile.
Personally, I don't like Red, I dont' like wood trim, and I prefer M-Drive and fold down rear seats.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #74
bavarian06
Captain
 
bavarian06's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 886
iTrader: (6)

dont settle. owning a M was on my dream car list. it had to be exactly the way i wanted. no regrets, i'll hang onto her for a while because of that.
bavarian06 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #75
bavarian06
Captain
 
bavarian06's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 886
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen77 View Post
Local dealer is selling:

'08 E90, 11xxx miles
6-speed
Melbourne Red, Beige Interior, wood trim (barf)
Options: EDC (no Nav), Enhanced Sound, smart phone integration

Was listed at $52k a couple of months ago, they are asking $47k...thoughts? Not the color/trim combo I like, but it is well priced and has low miles. Nav would be nice but it at least has EDC.
thats overpriced. street value of 42K.

47K is the price of a coupe with all options and in a more desireable color like white, black, grey, etc
bavarian06 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #76
Saracen77
New Member
 
Drives: B6 A4 Avant
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian06 View Post
dont settle. owning a M was on my dream car list. it had to be exactly the way i wanted. no regrets, i'll hang onto her for a while because of that.
Yeah, I think you're right. I love black + Carbon leather too much (haven't seen a Fox Red interior in person to make a judgement on it yet)
Saracen77 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #77
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian06 View Post
thats overpriced. street value of 42K.

47K is the price of a coupe with all options and in a more desireable color like white, black, grey, etc
Given that the premium for a SoCal car can't be much more than $1000, then I say maybe $43k for this car is good. $41k for a fully stripped out E90 in the midwest is a pretty good price, but his car is not fully stripped.

Plus he's buying from a dealer, not a private seller. so I'm not sure what you meant by "street value" Remember dealers ideally would like to at least make $500 to $1000 on the sale. Unless you have access to dealer only auctions, it's hard to figure out the true base cost.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #78
dizzyj
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: tx

Posts: 275
iTrader: (0)

8/2010
2009 E90 CPO
5k miles
6mt
50k
dizzyj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #79
quiksi
Captain
 
quiksi's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 755
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to quiksi
dizzyj - was that at Advantage BMW Midtown?
__________________

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, RemoteKey+, Homelink retrofit, V1 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, VRS Replica CF Front Lip, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Bridgestone S04
quiksi is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #80
achenator
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 GT-R, 2011 F150 FX4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 540
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
Given that the premium for a SoCal car can't be much more than $1000, then I say maybe $43k for this car is good. $41k for a fully stripped out E90 in the midwest is a pretty good price, but his car is not fully stripped.

Plus he's buying from a dealer, not a private seller. so I'm not sure what you meant by "street value" Remember dealers ideally would like to at least make $500 to $1000 on the sale. Unless you have access to dealer only auctions, it's hard to figure out the true base cost.
last time I had someone check manheim for me (in may) the recent range for 08 sedans was $43-$47. these $42k prices seem a touch low IMO
achenator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #81
balke_macho
Registered
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

When purchased: January 2010
Year and Model: 2008 E92 Alpine White on Fox Red/Aluminum
Miles: 14k
Options: Tech, Premium, Cold, Premium Sound, 19's, PD, CF roof (basically fully loaded)
Transmission: 6MT

$58k cash out the door.
balke_macho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #82
jtv107
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Subscribed. In the market to purchase used, M3 sedan in the next three weeks. Dealers have told me M3's are selling for $42-$43k at auction.
jtv107 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #83
dizzyj
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: tx

Posts: 275
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksi View Post
dizzyj - was that at Advantage BMW Midtown?
no, BMW of Austin.
dizzyj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #84
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv107 View Post
Subscribed. In the market to purchase used, M3 sedan in the next three weeks. Dealers have told me M3's are selling for $42-$43k at auction.
I would be careful with getting quotes from dealers regarding Manheim auction results. If I were a dealer and was asked what price a car cleared at by a customer, I would bump up the price. There is no way I would show my hand. It'll be great to have a good friend or family member in the business though. I think you just need to have a dealer license and maybe bonded to attend these auctions, or check auction results.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #85
cucudon
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: sc

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

2011 verything but pre sounds I pay 67000
cucudon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #86
sharkfighter
Private First Class
 
sharkfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rocky Mtns.

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv107 View Post
Subscribed. In the market to purchase used, M3 sedan in the next three weeks. Dealers have told me M3's are selling for $42-$43k at auction.
That is accurate for an 08 e90 but only 7 have been sold nation wide in the last 30 days
sharkfighter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #87
1lukyboy
Registered
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: columbus, Ohio

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

When purchased: Aug 2010
Year adn Model: 2010 e92 Jerez
Miles 1760
Options: Prem, Tech, 19" wheels, Prem Sound, USB/ipod, CF roof
Transmission: DCT

$60,000
1lukyboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #88
bavarian06
Captain
 
bavarian06's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 886
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lukyboy View Post
When purchased: Aug 2010
Year adn Model: 2010 e92 Jerez
Miles 1760
Options: Prem, Tech, 19" wheels, Prem Sound, USB/ipod, CF roof
Transmission: DCT

$60,000
That's a great price for a 2010. I actually flew to Ohio to get my m3.

Southern CA car market is still strong despite the economy. i.e. balke_macho

When purchased: January 2010
Year and Model: 2008 E92 Alpine White on Fox Red/Aluminum
Miles: 14k
Options: Tech, Premium, Cold, Premium Sound, 19's, PD, CF roof (basically fully loaded)
Transmission: 6MT

$58k cash out the door.
bavarian06 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST