BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #683
Hotnickz07
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 08 JB/B E93 DCT...Ballin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys im currently looking for a e93 08 m3, and found one that im currently working a deal on.I will be trading in my e92 11 335xi as well for this M. Dealer wants 39k for the M and is giving me 38k for my 335 and i still owe 40,200.The M3 is BLK/BLK with all packages. Car has a accident claim, apparently previous owner backed up to something and filed a claim to fix a dent on righ/rear. Its also a DCT and is in great shape overall.Out the door and total amount financed it will be 42800 including taxes, title,the upsidedown amount on my 335 and blah blah blah. what do yall think
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #684
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: 2006 M Roadster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

How many miles? I can't speak about the trade but depending on the miles that price looks good. Is it CPO?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #685
Hotnickz07
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 08 JB/B E93 DCT...Ballin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminT View Post
How many miles? I can't speak about the trade but depending on the miles that price looks good. Is it CPO?
Car has 49000 miles and it is not a CPO , sorry i did not mention this before
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #686
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: 2006 M Roadster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

I still think for a 'vert it is a good deal. There is one for sale near me that is $43900 and is a similar setup...DCT, space grey, FR, tech, prem, hifi, etc with 48900 miles.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #687
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,372
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

Looking at an 08 Convertible with 26k miles, DCT, Nav, Red over Black. Warranty till 10/29/2012. Drove car and it was brilliant.

Only issues I see are mismatched tires (good on back, cheap all seasons on front) and Carfax shows this: Accident reported, Involving left front impact, It hit a motor vehicle
Vehicle functional, Airbags did not deploy

Looking at the car and engine nothing seems amiss after the repair except that the gap between the back of the hood on the passenger side seems about 1/8th inch wider then on driver's side. Also air dam at bottom seems lose at center and one of the low hanging black flaps is missing.

Given this, what is a fair price?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #688
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,372
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

Pics of panel gap

Here are the pics (sorry so small):

Left Side:



Right Side:

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #689
qnsblvd
Long Time Lurker
United_States
0
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: None
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
Looking at an 08 Convertible with 26k miles, DCT, Nav, Red over Black. Warranty till 10/29/2012. Drove car and it was brilliant.

Only issues I see are mismatched tires (good on back, cheap all seasons on front) and Carfax shows this: Accident reported, Involving left front impact, It hit a motor vehicle
Vehicle functional, Airbags did not deploy

Looking at the car and engine nothing seems amiss after the repair except that the gap between the back of the hood on the passenger side seems about 1/8th inch wider then on driver's side. Also air dam at bottom seems lose at center and one of the low hanging black flaps is missing.

Given this, what is a fair price?
Maybe very very high 30s? The accident and shoddy condition should give you leverage but also should give you pause...
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #690
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,372
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

Non-negotiable at $41,999.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #691
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: 2006 M Roadster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

It wouldn't look attractive to ME at that price.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #692
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,372
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

I have looked all around and their are no low mileage verts for under 40k
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #693
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
5,830
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Bought on 11/12/11

2009 M3 Sedan
19k miles
6MT
Premium
Sunroof
Sat Radio
Ipod
Alarm
Heated Seats
Factory Warranty until 8/13
Paid $45k at a BMW dealer, not CPO.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #694
sqweak
Private
United_States
1
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Westside, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Bought today 12/04/11

2008 M3 Sedan
Sparkling Graphite/Black Leather/Carbon Leather
37k Miles
6MT
Premium
EDC
PDC (rear)
iPod
19"
CPO

39995 + TTL
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #695
Poofyo101
Major
Poofyo101's Avatar
24
Rep
1,229
Posts

Drives: e92 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
I have looked all around and their are no low mileage verts for under 40k
Because they are worth more than that. Its hard enough getting a a "low" mileage m3 under 40K. Most verts sticker at 75+. Maybe another year.
__________________
12 E92 M3-AW/FR-20" BBS LM-Painted Reflectors-BMW Gloss Black Grills + Gills-BMW Performance LED Wheel-BMW Carbon Performance Spoiler-Akra Evolution-Stoptech Trophy
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #696
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
127
Rep
8,517
Posts

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Bought on 11/12/11

2009 M3 Sedan
19k miles
6MT
Premium
Sunroof
Sat Radio
Ipod
Alarm
Heated Seats
Factory Warranty until 8/13
Paid $45k at a BMW dealer, not CPO.
wow good price, good deal
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #697
brendan853
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lexington, KY

iTrader: (0)

Bought on 12/3/11

2008 M3 Coupe
Jerez Black Metallic
Black Leather and Leather Carbon trim
6MT
Premium Package
Tech Package
Premium Sound
19" Double Spoke wheels/tires are in excellent condition
Sat/HD Radio
Ambiance lighting
Park distance control
iPod
Moonroof
Rain sensor/auto headlight
Factory warranty until 12-2012 or 50k
Perfect Carfax
41k Miles

I paid $39,594 plus ttl.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #698
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,372
Posts

Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

I had my body shop guy inspect the car. he said the car was professionally repaired with bmw parts and there are no issues. Dealer says car properly serviced, so I am go today to buy.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #699
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: E92 187outx3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqweak View Post
Bought today 12/04/11

2008 M3 Sedan
Sparkling Graphite/Black Leather/Carbon Leather
37k Miles
6MT
Premium
EDC
PDC (rear)
iPod
19"
CPO

39995 + TTL
what dealer? Ive been searching.....
found a 09 42K miles, loaded except sunshade for $44K
New Century wont even budge of their asking price on a non cpo 08 with 30K at 44K
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #700
sqweak
Private
United_States
1
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Westside, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
what dealer? Ive been searching.....
found a 09 42K miles, loaded except sunshade for $44K
New Century wont even budge of their asking price on a non cpo 08 with 30K at 44K
That deal was at Valencia BMW. Gregg is the Internet/Fleet sales manager. Great guy, no bs, worth the drive.

I will also vouch (like many others) for Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas in Camarillo. Don't think they have any used in stock though, but he might be able to track one down for you.

Stay away from Shelly BMW, severely overvalue the 3 non-cpo nearly-out-of-warranty M3's they have and wouldn't budget at all from asking.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #701
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: E92 187outx3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqweak View Post
That deal was at Valencia BMW. Gregg is the Internet/Fleet sales manager. Great guy, no bs, worth the drive.

I will also vouch (like many others) for Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas in Camarillo. Don't think they have any used in stock though, but he might be able to track one down for you.

Stay away from Shelly BMW, severely overvalue the 3 non-cpo nearly-out-of-warranty M3's they have and wouldn't budget at all from asking.
Ya I found out most dealers wont CPO M cars now.... BMW now makes it cost $1500 for regular cars, but $3000 to CPO M cars. They dont want to add 3k to the list price cause they want to compete with the wholesalers... So a CPO M cars are gonna be a rare deal now.....
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #702
Salna
Private
1
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 08 e90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

So what is a good deal compared to NADA/KBB pricing? People are saying whether a deal is good or not based on what they've seen for other cars, but what about against a relatively stable figure like the KBB that we can check for any car? Should a private car be below the KBB price? (seems like it based on what some of you are getting).

Also, would you guys attribute any value to big modifications such as supercharging? Certainly it's harder to re-sell the car because you have to find someone who wants it supercharged and is willing to pay some amount of premium for the modification (and exactly how much premium is that?)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #703
sqweak
Private
United_States
1
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Westside, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

KBB and NADA are pretty much useless. These days the standard seems to be auction prices (manheim etc).

Supercharging is worth exactly $0 from a standardized pricing perspective. Mods are not an asset, even a depreciating one, and it's foolish to expect to recoup any of their cost in sale. In the case of forced induction on non-FI factory cars, it could even be viewed as a negative since it can easily be viewed as increasing wear and tear.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #704
Iplayedmyself
Not fast enough if everything isnt a blurr
United_States
0
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: was-08 e90 335xi, now-08 e90m3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Found and bought 2008 e90 m3 cpo 19k on the odometer cold weather pack tech pack premium pack premium sound pack 46000 picked it up weds. Dec.7 2011 NEW M DRIVER HERE!!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST