BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #661
cb4
Captain
cb4's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujaa View Post
2009 CPO M3. Dealer is asking for 49K

Car includes: DCT, Nav, BT and rear parking sensors.

So close to closing a deal but think it's a bit pricey. Thoughts?
Mileage? coupe or sedan?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #662
shujaa
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4 View Post
Mileage? coupe or sedan?
My bad. Sedan 32k miles. Le Mans Blue.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #663
Capt Awesome
Private
0
Rep
96
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujaa View Post
My bad. Sedan 32k miles. Le Mans Blue.
Random question, but is it the one at BMW West Springfield?

I've actually inquired about buying that car, but decided that I wanted a different interior instead.

It's been on the market for several months, but looks like it only just got CPO'd. If it weren't for the CPO, I'd say you could get it for a bit less, but it looks like not a bad deal as it is now that you get the extended warranty out of it. You might be able to get them down another $500 or so, but I'm not sure they'd cave, considering they just CPO'd it.

...if it isn't that LeMans blue e90 at BMW West Springfield, then none of this applies.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #664
shujaa
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Awesome View Post
Random question, but is it the one at BMW West Springfield?

I've actually inquired about buying that car, but decided that I wanted a different interior instead.

It's been on the market for several months, but looks like it only just got CPO'd. If it weren't for the CPO, I'd say you could get it for a bit less, but it looks like not a bad deal as it is now that you get the extended warranty out of it. You might be able to get them down another $500 or so, but I'm not sure they'd cave, considering they just CPO'd it.

...if it isn't that LeMans blue e90 at BMW West Springfield, then none of this applies.
Yup, it's that one so the feedback applies. Thanks for responding - trying to see if I can make a deal on it. How did you like dealing with the dealership itself?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #665
infantrytroop22
Captain
17
Rep
611
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

I am looking at a 2009 E90, grey with extended FR leather, fully loaded except maybe sunshade, 19k miles. They are asking $49k and I offered $46k. Does $46k seem like a good deal?

Edit* They won't take less than $49k.

Last edited by infantrytroop22; 11-23-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #666
qnsblvd
Long Time Lurker
United_States
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
I am looking at a 2009 E90, grey with extended FR leather, fully loaded except maybe sunshade, 19k miles. They are asking $49k and I offered $46k. Does $46k seem like a good deal?

Edit* They won't take less than $49k.
$49K is high to me, even for an 09. Try shopping out of state--though M3s are much more common here than anywhere else in the country, people seem to want $5K or more over what the car would cost elsewhere, I guess because the car can be driven year-round. You'll easily make that $5k back and then some if you shop remotely.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #667
mkiv808
Lieutenant
6
Rep
438
Posts

 
Drives: 06 E90/Cayman S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Milford, CT

iTrader: (0)

I'm looking into possibly getting a 2009 E92 M3 CPO'd. I find the prices for CPO'd cars on the market obscenely high. Mid-high 50's? I don't want to spend a cent over 49k. How much are these dealers marking up these cars? Am I realistic to think that they would cave?
__________________
2009 BMW M3 E92 6M AW/FR
Eibach Springs + H&R Front Sway + LUX AE + LCI Taillights + BMW Performance CF Spoiler + Bastuck Clubsport Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #668
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
I am looking at a 2009 E90, grey with extended FR leather, fully loaded except maybe sunshade, 19k miles. They are asking $49k and I offered $46k. Does $46k seem like a good deal?

Edit* They won't take less than $49k.
stay firm at $46k, they'll make about $500 profit on you if they take it. They're probably shopping it around to see if there's other takers. Don't be afraid to walk, there's plenty of fishes out there.

But I would keep calling them back to repeat your stance and your interest. Just make sure you have all your money ready to make the move then they come calling back.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #669
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Car 2 is very reasonable. If not accident, see if it has other options. If nearly fully loaded, take it and don't look back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRobot View Post
I'm looking at grabbing a 2009+ E90 M3 and trading in my 08 E92 335i. So far, this is what I've seen out there without a state or two drive as there is nothing local for me thus far.

Car 1: 2009 E90 M3 Base
Mileage: 39,758
Unsure About CPO
Has: DCT, Technology, Cold Weather, Premium, Sunroof, Premium Sound
Asking Price: $48,995

Car 2: 2009 E90 M3 Base
Mileage: 20,920
Unsure About CPO
Has: No idea, not much info beyond DCT.
Asking Price: $45,994

Car 3: 2009 E90 M3 Base
Mileage: 42,844
NOT CPO
Has: DCT, Technology, Cold Weather, Premium, Sunroof, Premium Sound
Asking Price: $44,995

My question is, what is a fair price to be attempting to negotiate to BEFORE tax, title, license, etc.? My intention is to get a CPO'd E90 M3 but if it, for some reason is not CPO then I would look into getting some kind of extended coverage up to 100k.

This is the largest purchase I've made in terms of a vehicle and I've only ever bought 1 vehicle before this, at a dealer, so I want to make sure I get it right this time around.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #670
infantrytroop22
Captain
17
Rep
611
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

They have had the car for 60 days and just lowered the price. I am sure I could get one a few thousand dollars cheaper from out of state, but then I would have to pay for shipping in an enclosed container and I would rather have a CA car. Plus, it is the color combo I want and I haven't seen many grey/fr sedans out there. I'm going there tomorrow, so maybe I will see if they will take $47k as my final offer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
stay firm at $46k, they'll make about $500 profit on you if they take it. They're probably shopping it around to see if there's other takers. Don't be afraid to walk, there's plenty of fishes out there.

But I would keep calling them back to repeat your stance and your interest. Just make sure you have all your money ready to make the move then they come calling back.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #671
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
When purchased: Nov - 2011
Year and Model: 2008 e93 JB on Fox Red CPO
Miles: 35k
Options: Every option excluding premium sound and extended leather
Transmission: DCT
Price: $47.5k

Got a hell of a deal
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #672
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
They have had the car for 60 days and just lowered the price. I am sure I could get one a few thousand dollars cheaper from out of state, but then I would have to pay for shipping in an enclosed container and I would rather have a CA car. Plus, it is the color combo I want and I haven't seen many grey/fr sedans out there. I'm going there tomorrow, so maybe I will see if they will take $47k as my final offer.
$47k still a good deal for you and dealer. Stay firm, don't be afraid to walk. Keep us updated, I have a good feeling you might walk out with a M3!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #673
infantrytroop22
Captain
17
Rep
611
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

I went and looked the car over really good today. The rear bumper had been painted (very good job, but I can spot that stuff) but has a clean Carfax. Three of the wheels were curbed and the underside of the front bumper was scratched like crazy. The previous owner clearly cannot drive. I offered them $44k and left. No way I am paying more than that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
$47k still a good deal for you and dealer. Stay firm, don't be afraid to walk. Keep us updated, I have a good feeling you might walk out with a M3!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #674
qnsblvd
Long Time Lurker
United_States
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
I went and looked the car over really good today. The rear bumper had been painted (very good job, but I can spot that stuff) but has a clean Carfax. Three of the wheels were curbed and the underside of the front bumper was scratched like crazy. The previous owner clearly cannot drive. I offered them $44k and left. No way I am paying more than that.
That's a California car for you. I see more cars with war wounds here than anywhere else I've lived. So many people here are just incompetent drivers.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #675
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
5
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Cpe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 335iRobot Send a message via MSN to 335iRobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
I am looking at a 2009 E90, grey with extended FR leather, fully loaded except maybe sunshade, 19k miles. They are asking $49k and I offered $46k. Does $46k seem like a good deal?

Edit* They won't take less than $49k.
I think I saw that one being advertised. Be patient, you at least have the ability to view the cars. I'm in Phoenix and looking in So Cal as well as Texas because dealers wants way too much here in Arizona.

I can't view the cars there and likely, me and you are going after the same cars lol
__________________
2014 BMW X3 xDrive35i M-Sport
Alpine White w/ Black Nevada/Brushed Aluminum
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #676
infantrytroop22
Captain
17
Rep
611
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRobot View Post
I think I saw that one being advertised. Be patient, you at least have the ability to view the cars. I'm in Phoenix and looking in So Cal as well as Texas because dealers wants way too much here in Arizona.

I can't view the cars there and likely, me and you are going after the same cars lol
Well, that one sucks. What colors are you looking at? I know we may be going after the same cars but there is a chance I will look at some that I end up not liking because of color options, etc. I can let you know the condition on those. I have extremely high standards when I look at cars. I can at least tell you the ones I see that are not good.

Last edited by infantrytroop22; 11-25-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #677
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
5
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Cpe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 335iRobot Send a message via MSN to 335iRobot
I'm mainly looking at Jerez Black, Alpine White, and that dark silver.. cant remember the name of it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
Well, that one sucks. What colors are you looking at? I know we may be going after the same cars but there is a chance I will look at some that I end up not liking because of color options, etc. I can let you know the condition on those. I have extremely high standards when I look at cars. I can at least tell you the ones I see that are not good.
__________________
2014 BMW X3 xDrive35i M-Sport
Alpine White w/ Black Nevada/Brushed Aluminum
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #678
hgtran21
Lieutenant
5
Rep
518
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san diego

iTrader: (1)

space grey ^
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #679
Turbodog
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Cayman
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Where are you guys finding these cars? Using the individual websites and the bmwusa website, I don't see a single dct m3 in the entire bay area. The closest one is 269 miles away. I was hoping to test drive one, but that's proving the be pretty challenging, especially since the dealers won't let me drive a new one. Thanks for any insights!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #680
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
5
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Cpe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 335iRobot Send a message via MSN to 335iRobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodog View Post
Where are you guys finding these cars? Using the individual websites and the bmwusa website, I don't see a single dct m3 in the entire bay area. The closest one is 269 miles away. I was hoping to test drive one, but that's proving the be pretty challenging, especially since the dealers won't let me drive a new one. Thanks for any insights!
Cars.com, autotrader, craigslist, ebay..
__________________
2014 BMW X3 xDrive35i M-Sport
Alpine White w/ Black Nevada/Brushed Aluminum
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #681
Turbodog
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Cayman
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRobot View Post
Cars.com, autotrader, craigslist, ebay..
I tried all of those. I don't see a single used M3 sedan with DCT within 100 miles of me. :-(
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #682
chief
Second Lieutenant
chief's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, California

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.67]
Purchased sight unseen on ebay today...

2008 E92
$42,700
Melbourne Red over Black
25,000 miles
DCT
Premium Package
Carbon Leather trim
Sun roof
Heated seats
Factory Warranty until 1/17/2013

Looking at extended warranties...anyone have experience with Assurant Solutions through USAA?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST