BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #23
335e92tx
Major
 
335e92tx's Avatar
 
Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,259
iTrader: (2)

I think it was just a little to targeted for Ins - they are not the ENTIRE problem - HC costs are a larger percentage. I think some of the GOP solutions should have been applied. I doubt tort reform or interstate ins sales will make much difference, but to leave them out is not going to bode well in Nov. There should be some balance of these solutions being applied.
__________________
JBSPEED|MIRO-M6 reps|BMS JB3 V2.0 & DCI |VK Motorwerks DPs|BSH Oil Catch Can |Wavetrac |ETS IC
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
335e92tx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
Optherion
Lieutenant
 
Optherion's Avatar
 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

Posts: 470
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmop View Post
For full disclosure Iím a small business owner who makes over $250K a year. I have a lot personal resentment knowing the government is about to screw me in the ass.
+1 I have your back on that one.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Optherion is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #25
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

Posts: 3,593
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Anyone who doesn't want health insurance is foolish. Your only young and healthy until the minute something bad happens. Then its too late.

I guess the idea of car & home insurance is a waste as well. But I bet you have more than the minimum coverage



Again, this shows me you are scared for no reason. The bill specifically exempts small businesses with less than 50 workers from having health insurance for their workers. But with all the tax breaks you can get, you might do it.

Read the bill before you commit suicide.

For example, while there is a fine for people who don't buy health insurance, there is a provision in the bill that says the IRS can't force any leans against you. It's basically a fake threat. Besides the government is going to subsidize the hell out of it that the only people who couldn't afford are already under the poverty line and probably have medicaid

Two things, with vehicle insurance you have a choice weather to buy or not. Also, it is much cheaper because of the free market aspects of that industry. As for me I am mad cause I pay a mere $208 a year for my HSA program and I can contribute money to a savigns account to just be used for medical bills. This is MUCH MUCH MUCH less than I am going to be forced to pay once everyone has to have the same minimum coverage.

If the second thing you said was true then there would be no need for the bill in the first place. I would like to see where it says you cannot get charged 2.5% of your salary for declining Obamacare.

I am okay paying for some of the hard working poor people, it is the hardLY working poor people and stupid people like that bitch that weighs 600lbs with a goal of 1000lbs that I don't want to pay for.
Hawkeye is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #26
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Two things, with vehicle insurance you have a choice weather to buy or not.
I thought vehicle insurance was mandatory? Does it depend on state?
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #27
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Two things, with vehicle insurance you have a choice weather to buy or not
No you don't. I was out of town for 2 weeks last year and my insurance expired on the 2nd day of my trip. When i got back from the trip 2 weeks later I had a letter from DMV saying that my registration is suspended, making it illegal to drive the car, until they get electronic notification from my insurance carrier.
That, plus BMW was ALL up my ass about it.


So no, in CA you don't have a choice.
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #28
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
GOP is full of ideas to make them look fucking retarded.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_508557.html

Only if they had so much creativity in dealing with actual issues...
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #29
radix
there's something different about him
 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I thought vehicle insurance was mandatory? Does it depend on state?
You're not wrong, it's mandatory.
radix is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #30
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
You're not wrong, it's mandatory.
Only if you believe owning a car is mandatory in the same sense as breathing is.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #31
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
The "(Hardly) Working" part affected me greatly.

Lots of patients and the office is only open 2 days a week (6 hours days, minus the lunch break), which made getting an appointment a complete nightmare and me having to shuffle my other priorities around. Every time.

He insisted on me visiting the office to get a refill. I did not even see the doctor himself. Just came in to have my blood pressure and temperature taken by the nurse. This is nothing but a scam to clock in an office visit and bill my insurance for it. Plus $20 co-pay that i had to pay out of my own pocket.

As far is how him driving G500 affected me? I guess not directly, but insurance coverage has yearly limits, and his desire to make money, without actually doing much, resulted in a lot of unnecessary charges to my insurance plan, which I still have to pay for on monthly basis. I do not want to get a letter few months down the road, which tells me that I am over my coverage because of this fool.
Here is a novel idea, get a new doctor. If you are dissatisfied with the service the doctor is providing you, go to a different one.

Did you ever consider that having your blood pressure checked is precisely why the doctor wants you to come in before he refills the prescription?
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #32
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Only if you believe owning a car is mandatory in the same sense as breathing is.
What kind of spin is that?

Original post stated you had a choice to buy car insurance or not. Not that you have a choice to buy a car or not......
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #33
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
What kind of spin is that?

Original post stated you had a choice to buy car insurance or not. Not that you have a choice to buy a car or not......
That is not spin. Buying car insurance is a choice because buying a car is a choice. My aunt does not have car insurance. Why? Because she does not have a car.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #34
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
That is not spin. Buying car insurance is a choice because buying a car is a choice. My aunt does not have car insurance. Why? Because she does not have a car.
Yes it is spin. Your spin is buying a car is a choice so therefore car insurance is a choice. Hawkeye only mentioned buying car insurance, not buying a car, as a choice

Unless hawkeye comes in and clarifies his statement with his meaning the way you say it, I can only trust what he said originally( which is wrong because it is mandatory).
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #35
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Yes it is spin. Your spin is buying a car is a choice so therefore car insurance is a choice. Hawkeye only mentioned buying car insurance, not buying a car.

Unless hawkeye comes in and clarifies his statement with his meaning the way you say it, I can only trust what he said originally( which is wrong because it is mandatory).
The plain text of his statement is clear. Automobile insurance is optional.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #36
TMNT
Captain
 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

Posts: 870
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
That is not spin. Buying car insurance is a choice because buying a car is a choice. My aunt does not have car insurance. Why? Because she does not have a car.
So I guess you recommend public transportation then since there really is no other viable option.

Wait nevermind...you shouldn't be for that either since its "socialism"
TMNT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #37
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
The plain text of his statement is clear. Automobile insurance is optional.
You can not speak for him.

I am trying to be objective here. You interpret his statement one way and I am another way. All we can do now is wait until he clarifies his statement.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #38
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Here is a novel idea, get a new doctor. If you are dissatisfied with the service the doctor is providing you, go to a different one.

Did you ever consider that having your blood pressure checked is precisely why the doctor wants you to come in before he refills the prescription?
Here is a novel idea. Work on your reading comprehension, it will help you to keep your foot out of your mouth.

As far as the blood pressure goes, the medicine is topical and has nothing to do with a blood pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
On the flip side, I *used* to go to a doctor who works 2 days a week.
Is this better for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
That is not spin. Buying car insurance is a choice because buying a car is a choice. My aunt does not have car insurance. Why? Because she does not have a car.
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day and I've heard some really stupid shit....

What if having a car is a requirement for your job? How are you going to spin that one?
Get another job? Don't get a job at all since having a job is a choice, just like eating or living?

Same as paying taxes. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't get a job? With your logic I can say:

Don't want to pay taxes? Don't get a job. Don't make any money. Don't eat and choose to starve yourself to death. If you are dead, you don't need health insurance. There you go, your health insurance is a choice.

Sorry, but your logic is full of fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
The plain text of his statement is clear. Automobile insurance is optional.
And the earth is square.
__________________

Last edited by solefald; 03-22-2010 at 07:45 PM.
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #39
radix
there's something different about him
 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Only if you believe owning a car is mandatory in the same sense as breathing is.
Using your reasoning health care is optional too, just move out of the U.S. Problem solved.
radix is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #40
shpirate87
Captain
 
Drives: 335ix
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Here is a novel idea. Work on your reading comprehension, it will help you to keep your foot out of your mouth.

As far as the blood pressure goes, the medicine is topical and has nothing to do with a blood pressure.

Is this better for you?

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've heard all day and I've heard some really stupid shit....

What if having a car is a requirement for your job? How are you going to spin that one?
Get another job? Don't get a job at all since having a job is a choice, just like eating or living?

Same as paying taxes. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't get a job? With your logic I can say:

Don't want to pay taxes? Don't get a job. Don't make any money. Don't eat and choose to starve yourself to death. If you are dead, you don't need health insurance. There you go, your health insurance is a choice.

Sorry, but your logic is full of fail.

And the earth is square.
I guess I should not expect much in the way of intelligence from a DJ but having a company require you to own a car is vastly different from the government requiring you to have one. The car is a condition of employment and the company is not required to provide you the job nor are you required to accept it. If you CHOOSE to work in a job that requires you to operate your own car on the public roads then you are required to have insurance on that car as well as a drivers license. Are you next going to argue that having a drivers license is mandatory? How about a medical license? Is that mandatory as well? How about malpractice insurance? Some jobs require both of those as well.

The only thing here full of fail is the reflection you see when looking in a mirror.
shpirate87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #41
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
I guess I should not expect much in the way of intelligence from a DJ


narrow-minded moron is a narrow-minded moron... in a bmw or not.
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #42
.:bHd:.
Major
 
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,149
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
I guess I should not expect much in the way of intelligence from a DJ but having a company require you to own a car is vastly different from the government requiring you to have one. The car is a condition of employment and the company is not required to provide you the job nor are you required to accept it. If you CHOOSE to work in a job that requires you to operate your own car on the public roads then you are required to have insurance on that car as well as a drivers license. Are you next going to argue that having a drivers license is mandatory? How about a medical license? Is that mandatory as well? How about malpractice insurance? Some jobs require both of those as well.

The only thing here full of fail is the reflection you see when looking in a mirror.
You're such a moron it's unbelievable. What does being a DJ have to do with his political views? If you drive a car, then insurance is mandatory. If you get pulled over in Cali without car insurance your car will be impounded and your license will be suspended.
__________________

.:bHd:. is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #43
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
You're such a moron it's unbelievable. What does being a DJ have to do with his political views? If you drive a car, then insurance is mandatory. If you get pulled over in Cali without car insurance your car will be impounded and your license will be suspended.
its the same in texas.
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #44
achenator
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 GT-R, 2011 F150 FX4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 540
iTrader: (0)

I make really good money and am really fortunate to have the job I have. I pay my taxes faithfully every quarter. I don't mind helping the truly needy. What kills me though is this.
My best friend is a PA at the emergency room. The other day this couple comes in with a sick kid. They are not married and neither one has health insurance. The kid has free coverage from the fed/state. Both parents are wearing full designer clothes, plenty of jewelry and both blabbing on iphones. Dad is wearing $200 shoes and mom is sporting an expensive bag. Seriously??? Those are wants, not needs. I guess the taxpayers are going to be paying for healthcare for these idiots.
achenator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST