BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Goin' to F1 Montreal need B&B and iNav Guidance

Hello folks

I been delaying this post, but I like to ask if any of you have any recommendation for a inexpensive B&B around St Denis area or any similiar
place where I can experience the Montreal Action during the F1 races and Montreal days..


Btw.Kinda lame question
. will my US spec e92 M3 Navigation be useful in Canada/Montreal.. We'll be coming up via Upstate NY Buffalo.


thnks in advance
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

I will let the Montreal locals give you the best advice on where to stay. Montreal is an awesome place to hangout and part!
As for your navigation - should be no problem at all. Should have North American maps - use in the US without a problem.

Have fun, plan on being at the F1 as well. (actually there is a decent size group of us)
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
 
pmeloche's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, Canada

Posts: 1,614
iTrader: (0)

Good luck finding an inexpensive B&B in the St-Denis Street area. If you want to party downtown I would suggest that you try to find a B&B/Hotel/Motel further North on the axis of the orange line of the subway. The orange line runs mostly along the St-Denis and St-Laurent streets. This should allow you to use the subway to go downtown and not have to worry about parking.

As for your Navigation my E90 has North American maps and I had no problems driving from Montreal to Tampa. I don't see why a US-spec M3 would not also have North American maps.

Enjoy your stay in Montrea and don't forget that Canada is metric. Speed limit of 100 is 100kph or 62.5mph. Also, a lot of streets now have a 40kph (25mph) speed limit and the cops are very busy ticketing people instead of catching true criminals.
__________________

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
pmeloche is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
shagkie
Captain
 
shagkie's Avatar
 
Drives: a....V8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 628
iTrader: (0)

....and be careful where you park. I once park at a parking lot RIGHT beside the police station and when I went to pick up my car in the morning there were two cars in the lot that got broken into. Luckily I was driving a minivan
shagkie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
OMG!!! I better bring a humvee lol

but thanks for the warm fussies mate!

Im just wondering if the nav voice suddenly turns into a french speaking lady in my car speaker.

and I was really looking for more definitive B&B breakfast you guys can recommend
or maybe BB places to get better chance to get some personal physical action hhhe
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Jaypod

maybe us Bimmerpost heads can meetup even just for a quick car meet snap shot to post for the thread.. just a thought
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
Good luck finding an inexpensive B&B in the St-Denis Street area. If you want to party downtown I would suggest that you try to find a B&B/Hotel/Motel further North on the axis of the orange line of the subway. The orange line runs mostly along the St-Denis and St-Laurent streets. This should allow you to use the subway to go downtown and not have to worry about parking.

As for your Navigation my E90 has North American maps and I had no problems driving from Montreal to Tampa. I don't see why a US-spec M3 would not also have North American maps.

Enjoy your stay in Montrea and don't forget that Canada is metric. Speed limit of 100 is 100kph or 62.5mph. Also, a lot of streets now have a 40kph (25mph) speed limit and the cops are very busy ticketing people instead of catching true criminals.

thnk for the comprehensive reply and the reminder that 100 mean kph
I would have had a blast driving there all wkend long at 100mph
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
Jaypod

maybe us Bimmerpost heads can meetup even just for a quick car meet snap shot to post for the thread.. just a thought
Sounds like a plan!

We will have to get in touch closer to the day.
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 04:27 AM   #9
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
 
pmeloche's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, Canada

Posts: 1,614
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
thnk for the comprehensive reply and the reminder that 100 mean kph
I would have had a blast driving there all wkend long at 100mph
Right until you would hit a pothole at 100mph.
__________________

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
pmeloche is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Heard we now have to have our US Passports for Canada Entry

Can Someone Please Verify.. We're driving from Upstate NY
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Yup, US and Canadain citizens need passports now, Security increase as a result of the war on terror.
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #12
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I will let the Montreal locals give you the best advice on where to stay. Montreal is an awesome place to hangout and part!
As for your navigation - should be no problem at all. Should have North American maps - use in the US without a problem.

Have fun, plan on being at the F1 as well. (actually there is a decent size group of us)
Jaypod and Canadian F1 Fans

... just as a headsup I've linked this meet interest to another thread where idead of a Bimmerpost F1 Meet is brewing. Between this two groups I believe their may be a good size photoshoot for the First Bimmerpost F1 Meet.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...89#post7067389
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #13
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
Jaypod and Canadian F1 Fans

... just as a headsup I've linked this meet interest to another thread where idead of a Bimmerpost F1 Meet is brewing. Between this two groups I believe their may be a good size photoshoot for the First Bimmerpost F1 Meet.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...89#post7067389
That sounds good - could be a pretty good turnout!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
lets get the list going at the formula race thread

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...67#post7069367

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
Confirmed List

1-ARMAN Grandstand 12
2-ASE2DAIS M3 -SILVER 24
3-TONYG 335 - SILVER24
4-
5-
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #15
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,118
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
I wont be watching the actual F1 race but i am in for a meet if anyone's interested
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,893
iTrader: (1)

Yup a meet on the Thursday... would be great
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #17
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
my friend (NY)and I (DC) are both driving our cars
but wont be there till Friday
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,893
iTrader: (1)

Having a meet on the 3 days of the GP is difficult at best since most spectators are there all day long. Photoshoot with our cars will be hard those days.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,832
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
I wont be watching the actual F1 race but i am in for a meet if anyone's interested
Up for it!
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #20
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,118
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
how bout a coffee meet on thursday evening? or friday morning breakfast meet (for those who arent watching the friday race)?
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #21
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,832
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
I'm there the whole weekend (incl. Friday). Would prefer the coffee meet personally!
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2010, 05:08 AM   #22
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
heres the list from the other thread
1-ARMAN Grandstand 12
2-ASE2DAIS M3 -SILVER 24
3-TONYG 335 - SILVER24
4- gts135 - Silver 24
5-MontegoblueE92 - Silver 24 Section 8 Row GG

but no way at all complete.. and some at that thread are already talking about
a meetup, a drive up, a coffee gtg ..
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST