BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
PYSPEED
View Poll Results: Should I refund him his money?
Yes, all of it 12 10.71%
Yes, the partial refund that stated 12 10.71%
No, none of it 85 75.89%
Other (please specify) 3 2.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #23
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
I think you should refund my money asshole and stop posting our private conversations for public view, how the hell was I supposed to know I had to drill into my pedals.

By the way They have since been taken out of the bag and I tired JB welding them to the pedals (since I don't want to drill) but I left them alone and now they are crooked. Because of this I think you need to not only refund my money but send me new OEM pedals as well because the ones you sent me wont come off the pedals. I will send you back your pedals attached to my OEM pedals.






Just kidding, obviously (or so one would think).
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #24
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
 
headlee103's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [5.00]
Sounds like more than $5 of hassle, I was keep at least $10 or $15.
headlee103 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #25
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Dude should have researched what he was purchasing. F him.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

Here's his reply:


K well not much of that makes sense to me. Im not being unreasonable at all and I have every right to be angry at the the email you sent me earlier. You made it sound like I was an idiot since I didnt know something that obviously was NOT "common knowledge". You can say that all you like but the fact is it wasnt. Whether it was or not, I cant use the items you sold me, Id like to return them to you exactly how I got them, and you threw that in my face with an insult to my intelligence..over a damn car product nontheless.
So I dont really care if your a company or a single person, you sold me goods that I am now in no use of a mere week n a half after sale and would like the money back. You will send me half the money now, and then the other half when you receive the pedals and I feel I am being fair there, as if I wait till you get the pedals to get ANYTHING back you could easily just screw me over then, and im not feeding you back the $5 for shipping and "hassle" either. I paid you $60 for this SHIPPED and I will have to front the money to ship them BACK to you anyhow so you will pay me the exact amount I paid you originally as you are not incurring any additional money for this return, I am.
Please do us both a favor and not write me anymore drama over the common knowledge subject about the damn pedals, im not a forums junky, Ive only just gotten this car, I didnt know something about a part, so big deal, let that go, take the pedals back and return me my money. I dont wish to drag this into a back n forth petty argument. Send me the $30 via paypal as GIFT along with your shipping address and these will be in the mail today. I will then be expecting the other $30 when you receive them shortly down the road. Any deviance from this and I WILL post complaints about you on the forums as I said before, because anything otherwise would be completely unreasonable on your part, the only "pain in the ass" im putting you thru is you have to sign on to paypal and transfer some money back. Having to find someone else to buy the pedals is not of my concern, these were your parts anyways and as you so put it, you're just one person, not a whole company with regulations, etc. Perhaps the next time you comment on someone's lack of "common knowledge" you might want to be a little more forgiving especially when its not something so common as reading or writing but infact something about a specific part going to a specific car that you were NOT specific about in your sale to me in the first place





I feel if I refund it All he 'wins' you know?

I was right about him not having any paypal right ya?
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #27
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

Here is the original thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335612

it's from freaking december!
He just pmed me a few weeks asking if auto M Pedals would fit his car... and I said "yes"

I mention in the thread that "screws are included"
soo... to put a screw in, would you need to drill a phone..?
Since there are no holes in the dead pedal.. or gas pedal... (since for the brake, you may argue that no one removes their rubber thing)



my response to his above thing:
Now, I am trying to be reasonable here... you are DEMANDING your money back.. even though you have NO right with paypal to file a dispute.. why? because you don't even have a verified address on file... Also, you paid it as a GIFT... meaning you were GIVING me the money.. not PAYING me... thus there is nothing to dispute about.

You paid $60 shipped, yeah you're right... and you're paying to ship them back to me... have you not seen a lot of ebay ads? when you return an item you still have to pay the shipping, and that's from sellers who sell hundreds to thousands of items...

Whether I made you sound like an idiot or not, your rude remarks and demanding money.. and saying MUST give it back to you... it's called buyer's remorse: you buy something and don't like it.

Like I mentioned previously with the front lip/JB3... no matter the product one must do their own research...
O you bought a BMW... it uses a lot more gas than a Honda, so they HAVE to give you your money back huh? You go to the dealer and DEMAND the money back or you will post bad stuff about them on a forum...

Read this please:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

People do not agree with your 'side'

Honestly, I was going to refund you your money when I woke up... but after reading your completely rude and disrespectful responses DEMANDING me to give you back your money.. I have every right to keep the money.

You're not a forum junki? So what? You mean you buy stuff without actually researching them..? Wow... um... yeah...

You don't like them right?
You don't want them right?

then list them up for sale on the forums and ship it out to that guy; or on ebay, or craigslist

It's either you ship them and get a total of $55 or nothing.
I am not even required to refund you anything but am being nice to consider even this.
Take it or leave it Zack.
I will pay you back nothing until I receive the pedals as I do NOT trust you.
I can pay you $30 and not receive anything.

You have everything to gain...
this isn't your house, so stopped DEMANDING everything


The thread you saw on 1addicts was from december... which I stopped responding to.... when you buy something you ask QUESTIONS.
I am not suppose to list every little detail.
I could put up a picture, and say "$60, firm:"
and that's it.
You're the one who has to ask me about it if you really want it... car parts or not... anything you buy you need to know something about it.
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I think you should refund my money asshole and stop posting our private conversations for public view, how the hell was I supposed to know I had to drill into my pedals.

By the way They have since been taken out of the bag and I tired JB welding them to the pedals (since I don't want to drill) but I left them alone and now they are crooked. Because of this I think you need to not only refund my money but send me new OEM pedals as well because the ones you sent me wont come off the pedals. I will send you back your pedals attached to my OEM pedals.






Just kidding, obviously (or so one would think).

haha well here he is:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=77460
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

The "right" thing to do would be to work out some sort of refund.

However, since he's such a dickbag about the whole thing, it's your call.... Don't get dragged into that "if I refund him, he'll win", because that's the difference between being mature and immature.... There's no winning or losing here, just different possible solutions.

Honestly, it bothers me how much of an asshole this guy is. Especially threatening to put you on blast in the forums.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #30
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

way too many words
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #31
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
way too many words
lol sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The "right" thing to do would be to work out some sort of refund.

However, since he's such a dickbag about the whole thing, it's your call.... Don't get dragged into that "if I refund him, he'll win", because that's the difference between being mature and immature.... There's no winning or losing here, just different possible solutions.

Honestly, it bothers me how much of an asshole this guy is. Especially threatening to put you on blast in the forums.
Yeah.. which is why I gave him my offer... but he is 'demanding' this and that etc... which just... bothers me...

and it's not winning or losing, you're right.
I guess I admit that I am a stubborn person... but if he had been like "hey bro.. i didn't know you had to drill these, anything we can do about it?" I would have made suggestions.. even suggest it MYSELF that he send it back and I'll give him his money...
but he's honestly just being an ass

He can't file a dispute through paypal, he made the payment as a gift; also he's not even verified...
he can post on the forum, but as we've read here, the majority are agreeing with me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I'm absolutely on your side here, but I still think that you should refund the guy's money. Both the buyer and the seller have a responsibility: the buyer is responsible for knowing exactly what he is buying; the seller for helping the buyer to get there by saying exactly what he is selling. Yes, the buyer should have looked up everything about these pedals before making the purchase, but since you also should have mentioned that installation required drilling and you are trying to run a business here, it's not worth the bad word of mouth for you.

Give a refund, you'll feel better. 5 bucks isn't worth it.
I agree with everything except this:
"you are trying to run a business here, it's not worth the bad word of mouth for you."

I'm not a vendor on here so I'm not trying to run a business....and it does seam the majority agree with me...
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #32
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
 
J-9's Avatar
 
Drives: around all the retirees.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Panama City Beach, FL

Posts: 882
iTrader: (0)

No way, f*** him. You're not running a freakin Wal-Mart or a Best Buy. He can take his attitude of entitlement and go make the damn upgrade work.
__________________
-Paul, BMWCCA #447670
2007 E63 M6 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim / Borla Catback / Matte Black Grilles
Planned: MTEC V3 LED Angel Eyes / Black RPI Scoops / Dinan Stage 2 Suspension
J-9 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #33
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 E90 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
lol sorry



Yeah.. which is why I gave him my offer... but he is 'demanding' this and that etc... which just... bothers me...

and it's not winning or losing, you're right.
I guess I admit that I am a stubborn person... but if he had been like "hey bro.. i didn't know you had to drill these, anything we can do about it?" I would have made suggestions.. even suggest it MYSELF that he send it back and I'll give him his money...
but he's honestly just being an ass

He can't file a dispute through paypal, he made the payment as a gift; also he's not even verified...
he can post on the forum, but as we've read here, the majority are agreeing with me..



I agree with everything except this:
"you are trying to run a business here, it's not worth the bad word of mouth for you."

I'm not a vendor on here so I'm not trying to run a business....and it does seam the majority agree with me...
My mistake. It's still not worth him potentially coming into another sale thread later on with "do not buy from this guy." That's what I was trying to say.
__________________
PINeely is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #34
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Bullshit. I still say F him. The pedals are as described. Its not your fault he doesn't want to drill. Thats how pedals are installed. It IS common knowledge. If he read any other vendors threads about them he would have seen this.

Buyers ignorance, not your problem.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #35
akack79
riDIRKulous
 
akack79's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: T E X A S

Posts: 3,045
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2014 F32 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-9 View Post
No way, f*** him. You're not running a freakin Wal-Mart or a Best Buy. He can take his attitude of entitlement and go make the damn upgrade work.
+1
__________________
2014 F32 435i EBII / Coral Red
akack79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #36
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

I don't understand how someone wouldn't know you have to drill in pedals if they're out to buy a set. Do they not do any kind of research on what they're buying?
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #37
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
 
UncleWede's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

Posts: 2,307
iTrader: (0)

Any products on sites like JCWhitney say "Drilling required for installation" or words very close to that.

I didn't know I would need to drill my pedals to put new/upgrades on. Guess I won't be doing that in the near future.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #38
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
 
MontegoGoGoGo's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego/Cream E93
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Louis & St. Petersburg

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
I agree with you. People act all holier than thou, but part of it IS about not giving him what he wants JUST because he was such a dick. Give respect to get it. Maybe someone actually saying "no" to him for once will do some good.

PS - I didn't know you had to drill any holes either, but it's obvious from the photo that there is a lot of little doohickey hardware involved. A person with 1/2 a brain would have noticed this and ASKED you about it, or researched it.
__________________
E93: Montego/Cream <---- E46 (Coupe): JB/Black <---- E30 (Cabrio): Alpine White/Black
MontegoGoGoGo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #39
MMIX M3
Private First Class
 
MMIX M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 141
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Here's his reply:


You will send me half the money now, and then the other half when you receive the pedals and I feel I am being fair there, as if I wait till you get the pedals to get ANYTHING back you could easily just screw me over then, and im not feeding you back the $5 for shipping and "hassle" either.
This reminds me of...

I am Ivan Checkov, and you will be closing. Now.

If I wanted someone to refund my money, this definitely would NOT be my approach...

The dude is operating with zero leverage, and being a dick about the whole thing to boot. If it was me, I'd probably keep the money out of spite at this point.
__________________
Vorsteiner Titanium Cat Back Exhaust // Challenge Sport X-Pipe + HFCs // Monotec T03 Wheels // Powerchip ECU Custom Tune // Rogue Engineering Pulleys // H&R Sport Springs // Macht Schnell Filter // Challenge GT Carbon Lip Spoiler // Vorsteiner Type II Diffuser // AiB Angel Eyes // Matte Black Grille // Matte Black Side Fins // Matte Black M3 badge // All Roundels Blacked Out // Painted Reflectors
MMIX M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #40
whathappened
Banned
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: here

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

You aren't under any legal obligation to refund him anything or take a return.

But with that said, just falling back on doing just what is legally required of you is pretty weak. You shouldn't act all legal and sh!t over 5 bucks. When I'm dealing with fellow board members on other boards, I do it because we're a community there, and everyone works with each other instead of just doing the minimum required by law.

So you can certainly fuck with this guy over 5 bucks if you want, because it's your legal right. But I'm glad you posted this thread so I can avoid ever doing business with you.
whathappened is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #41
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMIX M3 View Post
The dude is operating with zero leverage, and being a dick about the whole thing to boot. If it was me, I'd probably keep the money out of spite at this point.
I was gonna, but honestly, just to get this over with I'm agreeing to refund him his money once I get the pedals and confirm they are indeed new and undamaged.


here was his reply anyways:
Mk rather then send me ANOTHER huge ass email full of randoms and links i couldnt care less to look at, why not send me your address like I asked you twice before so I can actually SHIP these back to you??? Hell you're the one thats keeping this hissy fit going man, just calm down, quit writing me essays on how I should be and all that crap and just take the pedals back. Theyll ship out tomorrow assuming you send me your address this time n not another 6 paragraph essay. And please dont tell me stuff like "I was going to refund your money" NOW after you sent me 2 emails earlier where you were very adamant about not doing so. Im done shooting shit back n forth like kids, this could have been settled after my FIRST very civil and polite message to you but you obviously wanted to fight it out some over $60, well good job. Just send me the address and refund me $55 when you get the pedals. End Of Story...



Mine:

I'll refund you your money after you respond to this (regardless of what you say, I'm just a curious person):

Do you honestly feel I was being rude/disrespectful when compared to your own responses?
If so, why?

Short version: you ask if they fit, I said yes, you didn't ask more. you disliked them and demanded your money back, completely disrespecting me. Last I checked, a buyer should research what they are going to buy, whether something is 'common knowledge' or not (read: previous JB3 example)

I know you don't 'have' to answer it; I also don't 'have' to refund you your money (a paypal gift isn't up for dispute, and people on the forum are on my side)

And please do respond in a professional manner.

Thank you.

(Address)
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #42
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,057
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
This guy sounds like a 16yr old kid.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #43
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

This pissed me off a bit. Fuck him. I want to go drill his pedals.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #44
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathappened View Post
You aren't under any legal obligation to refund him anything or take a return.

But with that said, just falling back on doing just what is legally required of you is pretty weak. You shouldn't act all legal and sh!t over 5 bucks. When I'm dealing with fellow board members on other boards, I do it because we're a community there, and everyone works with each other instead of just doing the minimum required by law.

So you can certainly fuck with this guy over 5 bucks if you want, because it's your legal right. But I'm glad you posted this thread so I can avoid ever doing business with you.
Well, I don't really do 'business' so I guess I don't need to worry?

Also, I guess you haven't read more than 20% of what's been said (my assumption, if I'm wrong, please do correct me).

I stated I would even suggest giving him a refund MYSELF if he had responded in a more respectful matter (I even gave an example)
However, because he was being a rude, disrespectful prick, I contemplated not refunding his money.

This was a simple transaction between two individuals... there is no 'legal' right anywhere.. nor was this really the 'issue'


"When I'm dealing with fellow board members on other boards, I do it because we're a community there, and everyone works with each other"

We work with each other, yes... but how was he working with me but demanding his money back simply because he didn't like them? not asking me, or requesting it, but demanding. on top of being disrespectful.
As mentioned by M-GoGo, you need to earn respect in this world
Make sense?
I'm simply going to refund him to just shut him up honestly.. not because I have a 'legal' right or anything like that
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST