BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #1277
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,188
iTrader: (2)

BJ's poor conditioning and lack of effort in training definitely showed his last few fights, which is why I am calling his down side, he looked so unmotivated or didn't even care when it really came down to it...his post fight interview after the diaz fight pretty much summed it up....

I'm a BJP fan thru and thru, I'm hoping he does come back stronger and in better condition, but even if he does, not sure how he'll compare with the younger fighters....
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #1278
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
 
Motif's Avatar
 
Drives: Something loud and heavy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa Bay

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

New TUF format is rather interesting.
Motif is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #1279
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Eddie Bravo's guy got dominated, that dude Marcello is legit
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #1280
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Oh the broken toe, nasty! But he Tucked it out
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #1281
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

Checking out TUF now.

First bout was pretty good. damn, eddie bravo's peep got owned. 3rd fight punch was all she wrote LOL! Tickle, another power puncher
The Ogle fight wasn't that entertaining at all but his victory celebration and monkey hugging dana was pretty damn funny. Nice scrambling from pichel, elbows wins fights!

Cofer gets in with his clinch and wrestling work, the brit with all that bad sportsmanship thowing his shit down. Even the coaches said "don't do that". Mohawk kid advances, mr self proclaimed handsome man leaves, thank god for that.

Will watch the rest after coming back from the gym :P

*edit

That vick fight was so bad, honestly felt like it needed another round to determine who won. Chiesa's got good ground control, should play well for him at the house if he can get ppl to the ground. Rio's really allround good. DAMN Team BlackHouse kid, Lawrence is BADASS! Yeah,training with A.Silva sure helps lol. He's should do very well at the House. Chruickshank looked good. Nice stand up with a wrestling background. Larons's in and he's got a chick's face on his pec, can't see his guy winning lol. OMFG DAMN! That poor toe. Tuck is a a tough dude fighting with that injury. Shit looks so nasty >_< Very easy win for Jury.

Got some crazy kids in this season, should be good

Last edited by Garduna; 03-10-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #1282
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

I thought Ogle lost, he was stuck in the triangle for like an eternity and had a guillotine attempt for what, 20 seconds and gets the win?
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #1283
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I thought Ogle lost, he was stuck in the triangle for like an eternity and had a guillotine attempt for what, 20 seconds and gets the win?
yeah the kid won, it was such a bad fight -_-;
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #1284
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

Joe Warren (sp?) got ktfo in bellator. Got a few talented guys in the flyweight division that I think could compete in the ufc
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #1285
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
yea Pat Curran is no joke, he needs to lets his hands go a bit more but when he does, look out! I would love to see him in the UFC, I dont see much competition on Bellator other than Pitbull Freire.

Speaking of Bellator, I hope the UFC sign Lombard, he is a free agent and NEEDS to be in the UFC, he hasnt had any real competition in Bellator, give him Palhares as his first fight

TUF Live was pretty good, the broken toe was hard to look at and god damn, blackhouse guy was sick, cant wait to see him again, hope Faber lands him

and I agree that one fight w/ the guy in a triangle for 3+min should have gone to 2nd round, thats too close to send a guy home.
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #1286
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

This Marcello guy messing someone up lol. Considering he trains with Wanderlei Silva and Shogun, he should do very well


Lawrence, the kid that trains with Anderson Silva and at Black House, can't wait to see him mess ppl up
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #1287
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,842
iTrader: (0)

I watched Anderson Silva Like Water last night.

I highly recommend it to everyone. Great documentary that goes behind the scenes and basically starts from the end of the Maia fight up until the first Sonnen fight.

I'm sure a lot of people will look at Silva differently the next time they see him in the cage.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #1288
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

I watched "I am Bruce Lee" on Spike, very informative documentary if you're into BL
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #1289
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

I haven't had the chance to watch either of those docs but I want to
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #1290
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
This Marcello guy messing someone up lol. Considering he trains with Wanderlei Silva and Shogun, he should do very well

Lawrence, the kid that trains with Anderson Silva and at Black House, can't wait to see him mess ppl up
wow, who is dumb enough to pick a fight w/ the chute box guys during the pride days, he was lucky getting chocked out was the worse he got

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I watched Anderson Silva Like Water last night.

I highly recommend it to everyone. Great documentary that goes behind the scenes and basically starts from the end of the Maia fight up until the first Sonnen fight.

I'm sure a lot of people will look at Silva differently the next time they see him in the cage.
downloading as we speak, will watch tonight, thanks!
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #1291
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Shogun vs Rampage announced, will be epic but I'm glad the whole Rampage BS will be done after this fight. I've always liked him but when you live in a million dollar house, have 10 really expensive cars and you want to complain about money? and wants to say its the fans who dont understand? WTF is wrong w/ him
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #1292
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,842
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
downloading as we speak, will watch tonight, thanks!
Have you had a chance to watch it yet? Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
Shogun vs Rampage announced, will be epic but I'm glad the whole Rampage BS will be done after this fight. I've always liked him but when you live in a million dollar house, have 10 really expensive cars and you want to complain about money? and wants to say its the fans who dont understand? WTF is wrong w/ him
Yeh I don't really understand it either. He seems to contradict himself too when he says he's not fighting for the money then complains about his paycheque too.

I don't like watching guys fight that don't want to fight, it's not a good recipe for a good fight.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #1293
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Have you had a chance to watch it yet? Thoughts?
I didnt get a chance to yesterday, I got home late and the Miami Heat game was starting, 100% watching it today since the heat dont play till late

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Yeh I don't really understand it either. He seems to contradict himself too when he says he's not fighting for the money then complains about his paycheque too.

I don't like watching guys fight that don't want to fight, it's not a good recipe for a good fight.
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #1294
Garduna
Brigadier General
 
Garduna's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,006
iTrader: (3)

I honestly don't think Rampage is complaining about the money. He's just fed up with getting wrestler/grapplers as opponents. Plus he's a crazy emotional guy and that don't play well on ya when you lose. I'm still a big fan of his and I'm glad his last fight is with a striker.

I'm dling the 2 docs now

Is anyone else annoyed that edgar is getting a rematch and pettis is getting shafted again to the side? this fucking kid has the worst luck with matchmaking in the ufc. He always comes second. Hear there's talks about him jumping down to featherweight just to get a title shot against aldo.
Garduna is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #1295
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (7)

He looks pretty thin at lightweight, wonder if he could lose that much weight and not be drained?

I don't think Frankie deserves an instant rematch, but that's just me
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1296
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Have you had a chance to watch it yet? Thoughts?
man, that was incredible. It was awesome seeing Anderson like that, at least in the US we get very little about him but you can kinda tell his personality by the way he is in interviews. It had to be so tough on him going from the Maia fight to the Sonnen fight, its cool to see how he has a true martial artist point of view, its prob what makes him so great.

I also loved how this basically proved what I've been arguing since the Sonnen fight, Anderson was willing to stay on bottom to try to get the sub. Even when Big Nog is telling him to KO him, he's like no, I'm going to sub him

I cant wait till it comes out w/ DVD/BlueRay cause the one I got had all those paramount warning all over the screen

oh and last thing, Anderson son is going to be insane when he gets older, did you see at the end, the kid had sick ground game, specially for that age


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I honestly don't think Rampage is complaining about the money. He's just fed up with getting wrestler/grapplers as opponents. Plus he's a crazy emotional guy and that don't play well on ya when you lose. I'm still a big fan of his and I'm glad his last fight is with a striker.

I'm dling the 2 docs now

Is anyone else annoyed that edgar is getting a rematch and pettis is getting shafted again to the side? this fucking kid has the worst luck with matchmaking in the ufc. He always comes second. Hear there's talks about him jumping down to featherweight just to get a title shot against aldo.
yea, I understand that but Rampage has to know thats how it is. There are a ton of wrestlers in the UFC, specially in the top 10. So you gotta deal w/ it. I'm still a fan but its getting old
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #1297
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,842
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
man, that was incredible. It was awesome seeing Anderson like that, at least in the US we get very little about him but you can kinda tell his personality by the way he is in interviews. It had to be so tough on him going from the Maia fight to the Sonnen fight, its cool to see how he has a true martial artist point of view, its prob what makes him so great.

I also loved how this basically proved what I've been arguing since the Sonnen fight, Anderson was willing to stay on bottom to try to get the sub. Even when Big Nog is telling him to KO him, he's like no, I'm going to sub him

I cant wait till it comes out w/ DVD/BlueRay cause the one I got had all those paramount warning all over the screen

oh and last thing, Anderson son is going to be insane when he gets older, did you see at the end, the kid had sick ground game, specially for that age
I want to watch it again on Blu Ray too. It's really well made, definitely gives another perspective. He seems so level-headed and down to earth, which I think would be so hard if you had his fighting abilities.

It was really cool when he kept saying to Big Nog that he was going to sub Sonnen. I never seen that footage before either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, I understand that but Rampage has to know thats how it is. There are a ton of wrestlers in the UFC, specially in the top 10. So you gotta deal w/ it. I'm still a fan but its getting old

+ 1 It's MMA.

If wrestlers keep getting KO'd and they complain that they keep getting matched up with elite strikers, it's a similar argument. I think anyone going up against Rampage would try and take him down anyway. The smartest strategy is to find holes in the opponents games and Rampage is a bit like a turtle on his back against solid wrestlers.

MMA fighters need to be ready to go anywhere. I can understand if the match-up is purely based on entertaining the fans but if he plans to make a run for the title he needs to be able to put guys like Bader away, wrestler or not.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #1298
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
+ 1 It's MMA.

If wrestlers keep getting KO'd and they complain that they keep getting matched up with elite strikers, it's a similar argument. I think anyone going up against Rampage would try and take him down anyway. The smartest strategy is to find holes in the opponents games and Rampage is a bit like a turtle on his back against solid wrestlers.

MMA fighters need to be ready to go anywhere. I can understand if the match-up is purely based on entertaining the fans but if he plans to make a run for the title he needs to be able to put guys like Bader away, wrestler or not.
exactly, just like Anderson said in that documentary, everyone loves brawlers... till they loose
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mma > boxing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST