BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Strasse Wheels

02-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
mrtu

Drives: 2010 e92 M3 DCT (AW/FR)

Intro and Question

Hey everyone, my name is Tim and I'm currently in the market for an M3. I've been perusing these boards for awhile now, researching and learning all I could about one of my dream cars. I've owned two 3 series in the past and while I was tempted to buy the GTR as my next vehicle, I've decided to pull the trigger on a brand new M. I'm way too impatient to wait for the 2011 and not too particularly found of the new LED tails so I'm going to pick up a 2010

Here's my dilemma. I've decided on an e92 Alpine White/FR Extended combo. However, there are no dealerships in the area with that in stock. I am able to get the exact car I wait if I'm willing to wait a few weeks, however, current negotiations are at $1,000 over invoice and I'd like to get it down closer.

There's a dealership in NJ with a 2010 AW/FR but NOT with extended, the only option that's missing on an otherwise perfect car. They're also willing to do $500 over invoice. Should I settle? Or should I continue negotiating with my current dealership and order the perfect car?

I'm looking forward to joining the family, thanks in advance for any comments/opinions/answers.
mrtu is offline   United_States
      02-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
mexicanmike
Captain

Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

Go for 500 over on the car you want, otherwise I would settle
mexicanmike is offline   United_States
      02-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
BHairsto
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
When you're paying this much $ for a car, get what you want. Otherwise, you will often think about the fact that you settled when you get in your car. I know some people dislike extended leather, but I personally would not buy this car without it - I think it adds a little class and style to an otherwise fairly pedestrian interior. You won't remember the extra money and time you spent once you get the car you want, but you will certainly remember settling for something else IMO. Good luck!
BHairsto is offline   United_States
      02-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
MrLOL
Private First Class

Drives: An M3... one day !

you'll only wonder what it would have been like if you waited.

Just get the car you want, no regrets then.
MrLOL is offline   United Kingdom
      02-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Seriously, the extended leather is a waste of money. Tell them you really want your car the way you want it, but you'll take the one on their lot if the give it to you even up. See how that works. I looked at the extended and for the money, you can buy your first mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      02-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
AMOCHOSTO
Major

Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Just get one, once you start driving it you'd still be happy if the interior was pink with Hello Kitty trim!

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
      02-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
mrtu

Drives: 2010 e92 M3 DCT (AW/FR)

Thanks for the replies! I've decided to just get the one on lot and haggle down as much as I can. Is it possible to get under invoice at this point, with all fees waived? Someone also told me about something called BMW Cash Assistance or something to that effect.
mrtu is offline   United_States