BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

INDustry distribution

02-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
J08M3
Major General

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Honestly, it is kind of annoying that Fabspeed still claims that it does not cause CELs and they disappeared off this board both as a sponsor and responding to anyone getting CELs.
Agreed, the reason I chose this product was they promised me no CEL in a phone conversation. That being said, when I called back with one they immediately overnighted me O2 extenders which was very nice. Except they told me they are easy to put in and you don't need to lower your exhaust, which is bullshit. They also told me only a few people are getting CEL's and lots of people have them and are not..... which I'm skeptical of, based on the poll on this board. I would find it weird the percentages of people getting CELs would change if you included people not on this board. We have a pretty big sampling here.
      02-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #24
PunjabiM3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: R8 5.2 6MT

Well knock on wood but I have around 2k miles on my Fabspeed high flow cats and resonated x-pipe and not a single CEL yet. If it does come on then I will be that much more likely to get a tune (which I may get anyhow in the coming month).
Previous: 11 e82 1M, Several 911's & M3's
PunjabiM3 is online now   India
      02-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
Silverstone
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

Great Review....

I got the same setup with the Eisenmann Sport.

I want to ask you. during cold start, do you feel strong vibrations/drone under the gearbox ? and then when it warms up it goes away...
      02-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #26
Ben335
Captain

Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
Good info...thanks. Assuming you can clear the CEL whenever it pops up from time to time w/the HFC's...is there any risk of damage to the engine? My assumption is no...it's just the smog it's reading that's causing the CEL I'm thinking of just doing this anyway, but want to be sure there's no long term damage to the motor to worry about.....I wouldn't be doing an ECU tune (that would effectively remove the CEL permanently) for some time down the road.
No Damage to the engine. You are just putting more emmissions out thatn what is legally permitted. You also may have issues with passing emmissions if you go in with the CEL on, but there is no risk of damage to the engine. You actually are freeing up power that the stock exhaust restricts.
      02-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #27
Ben335
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Agreed, the reason I chose this product was they promised me no CEL in a phone conversation. That being said, when I called back with one they immediately overnighted me O2 extenders which was very nice. Except they told me they are easy to put in and you don't need to lower your exhaust, which is bullshit. They also told me only a few people are getting CEL's and lots of people have them and are not..... which I'm skeptical of, based on the poll on this board. I would find it weird the percentages of people getting CELs would change if you included people not on this board. We have a pretty big sampling here.
You actually could put them in without lowering the exhaust, but it would be tough without a lift and proper tools. With a lift and tools, should be no problem.
      02-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #28
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant

Drives: Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
Great Review....

I got the same setup with the Eisenmann Sport.

I want to ask you. during cold start, do you feel strong vibrations/drone under the gearbox ? and then when it warms up it goes away...
no I'm running same set up with the stock exhaust and I don't feel any vibration and drone. I think because of the Eisenmann Sport..
If you don't want drone, go for the Akra slip on. I ordered the bestuck clubsports and I'll let you know if it's drone or not.

Review: Bastuck Exhaust by Roman@ESS

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273771

Last edited by LV-E92M3; 02-27-2010 at 04:59 PM.
LV-E92M3 is offline   Afghanistan
      02-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #29
J08M3
Major General

Quote:
You actually could put them in without lowering the exhaust, but it would be tough without a lift and proper tools. With a lift and tools, should be no problem.
nope, they are too long and hit the underside of the body.. impossible to rotate them enough to get them screwed into the threads.
      02-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #30
Ben335
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
nope, they are too long and hit the underside of the body.. impossible to rotate them enough to get them screwed into the threads.

Ahhh....ok..Are you going to install them even though?
      02-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d

I get drone at startup with the akra slip on. Doesn't really bother me.

I too find it VERY annoying that they continue to advertise this as no CEL.

Also, just because the CEL is not on does NOT mean you will pass inspection. You have to have passed all the readiness tests which require a variety of driving conditions to be met. They are listed here or on the net somewhere.

People that do not cruise on the highway will be less likely to get the CEL.

They sent me the extenders but I have yet to install them.
Singletrack is offline   United_States
      02-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #32
J08M3
Major General

Quote:
Ahhh....ok..Are you going to install them even though?
Probably not.... it's more of a pain in the ass to lower the exhaust since I don't own a lift then to deal with the occasional CEL. Kinda sucks, but I guess it's what I have to deal with as long as I keep the HFC's
      02-28-2010, 02:54 AM   #33
Silverstone
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
no I'm running same set up with the stock exhaust and I don't feel any vibration and drone. I think because of the Eisenmann Sport..
If you don't want drone, go for the Akra slip on. I ordered the bestuck clubsports and I'll let you know if it's drone or not.

Review: Bastuck Exhaust by Roman@ESS

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273771
I was just makin sure that i was not the only one . but i dont mind it at all .

thanks for the info .
      03-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #34
Fen335i
Captain

Drives: e92 M3 / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
No Damage to the engine. You are just putting more emmissions out thatn what is legally permitted. You also may have issues with passing emmissions if you go in with the CEL on, but there is no risk of damage to the engine. You actually are freeing up power that the stock exhaust restricts.
Thanks Ben, good info.