BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
M3 Edition part numbers

so i managed to bag the 2010 ETK and found the part numbers for the M3 Edition exterior parts. The interior parts are also on their but its much more complicated to pull them out.

Front Grill Left 51 13 7 979 349 44.20
Front Grill right 51 13 7 979 350 44.20
side gill left 51 13 7 979 351 56.53
side gill right 51 13 7 979 352 56.53

inc vat

Chrome Black exhaust (you need 4) 18107842862 18ea inc vat

The bonnet grills and mirrors are standard parts ordered in black. they are 60 quid and 136 quid +vat forr each side (come painted).

I ordered the the first 4 above although BMW UK and AG don't have any of these in stock so will see what happens.
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

i have the grills it took me 5 weeks to receive them. And i'm in germany these are very limited items.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 03:12 AM   #3
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
Donbona's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
1,668
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info Neil
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Hayzi
Private First Class
Hayzi's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92, BMW S1000 RR Bike
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Neil
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
M3 vert's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,793
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
so i managed to bag the 2010 ETK and found the part numbers for the M3 Edition exterior parts. The interior parts are also on their but its much more complicated to pull them out.

Front Grill Left 51 13 7 979 349 44.20
Front Grill right 51 13 7 979 350 44.20
side gill left 51 13 7 979 351 56.53
side gill right 51 13 7 979 352 56.53

inc vat

Chrome Black exhaust (you need 4) 18107842862 18ea inc vat

The bonnet grills and mirrors are standard parts ordered in black. they are 60 quid and 136 quid +vat forr each side (come painted).

I ordered the the first 4 above although BMW UK and AG don't have any of these in stock so will see what happens.
Are you sure, I inquired about these parts from my dealer.

The guy at the parts said for the bonnet grills, the plastic piece is the same, however the surrounding part around the bonnet grill comes primed from the factory and is just painted jet black (668).
The same was said for the side-mirrors and side gills as well.

So the grills are also finished in gloss black, and from my understanding those were available before through BMW.

Because I picked up the ones in gloss black finish last year and here are the part numbers on those:

Left Front Kidney Grille
51-71-2-155-451
Right Front Kidney Grille
51-71-2-155-450

So can you post pictures when you get them?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Are you sure, I inquired about these parts from my dealer.

The guy at the parts said for the bonnet grills, the plastic piece is the same, however the surrounding part around the bonnet grill comes primed from the factory and is just painted jet black (668).
The same was said for the side-mirrors and side gills as well.

So the grills are also finished in gloss black, and from my understanding those were available before through BMW.

Because I picked up the ones in gloss black finish last year and here are the part numbers on those:

Left Front Kidney Grille
51-71-2-155-451
Right Front Kidney Grille
51-71-2-155-450

So can you post pictures when you get them?
Will do - the grills you talk about are the performance once, they are a different colour.

Yes as I said the mirror backs and bonnet grills are standard parts plainted black - I thought thats what I said
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,019
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3 Convertible!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bromley, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
so i managed to bag the 2010 ETK and found the part numbers for the M3 Edition exterior parts. The interior parts are also on their but its much more complicated to pull them out.

Front Grill Left 51 13 7 979 349 44.20
Front Grill right 51 13 7 979 350 44.20
side gill left 51 13 7 979 351 56.53
side gill right 51 13 7 979 352 56.53

inc vat

Chrome Black exhaust (you need 4) 18107842862 18ea inc vat

The bonnet grills and mirrors are standard parts ordered in black. they are 60 quid and 136 quid +vat forr each side (come painted).

I ordered the the first 4 above although BMW UK and AG don't have any of these in stock so will see what happens.
Hi Neil, great info. I hadn't heard of the 'Chrome Black exhaust'. Presumably these are slipped over the 4 existing tailpipes? I've had a quick search but can't find any pictures of what these actually look like. Anyone have a link?
__________________
It's arrived, e93 M3 Convertible: M-DCT, JzB / extended BB, and most of the options.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 04:01 AM   #8
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
no, they replace the tail pipes. I think they are rivetted on but not had a look.



You can see how they are dark in that pic.
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
Ian Godney
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Wales

iTrader: (0)

I tried to order these parts from Sytner Cardiff today but they wouldn't order them without a chassis number , anyone know a way around this , or a helpfull dealer that will order them
Cheers Ian
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
swanny71
Private First Class
swanny71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK (North West)

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Godney View Post
I tried to order these parts from Sytner Cardiff today but they wouldn't order them without a chassis number , anyone know a way around this , or a helpfull dealer that will order them
Cheers Ian
I tried to order some Comp pack wheels and got told the same - can't order them unless it's a Comp pack car.

Is this true or more mis-informed dealer bullshit?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
Ian Godney
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Wales

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny71 View Post
I tried to order some Comp pack wheels and got told the same - can't order them unless it's a Comp pack car.

Is this true or more mis-informed dealer bullshit?

The next day I looked on autotrader for an edition for sale , made a note of the number plate , phoned the dealer and spoke to a more friendly worker and ordered them , they arrived today
Maybe try that
Cheers Ian
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
M3 vert's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,793
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Godney View Post
The next day I looked on autotrader for an edition for sale , made a note of the number plate , phoned the dealer and spoke to a more friendly worker and ordered them , they arrived today
Maybe try that
Cheers Ian
How much did those wheels run you? And can you post the part numbers of the competition wheels

Thanks
__________________
2012 F01 750iX Sport Package (Dinan Stage 4)
2008 E93 6MT M3 Convertible
2003 E66 760Li Individual
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #13
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
99
Rep
8,173
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Are the front grills any different from the "Performance" range, only mine where 70 all in from a dealer
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 03:39 AM   #14
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
jonasaurus's Avatar
United Kingdom
34
Rep
3,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Are the front grills any different from the "Performance" range, only mine where 70 all in from a dealer
Performance = Gloss


Edition = Black chrome
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build

Last edited by jonasaurus; 01-01-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 04:37 AM   #15
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
99
Rep
8,173
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Performance = Gloss


Edition = Black chrome
Oh right,Ta
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
flyfs6
Captain
14
Rep
658
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina B7 Bi
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Asking for appropriate VIN number is actually a BMW protocol, not down to the dealer.

Presumably they can punch in some numbers they could get hold off from another car, but wouldn't be wise because if BMW found out this would not go down very well. Therefore dealers follow the protocal.

This would be the same if you want to order normal M3 parts. Presumably to protect exclusivity.

Those parts look great Neil. Have you fitted the tail pipes? If so, how?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
No i didn't get the tail pipes as was considering a new zorst at the time.
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #18
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
Neil McRae's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E92 / BMW ///M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to Neil McRae
help!

I managed to snap one of the clips on the grills. tried to order a replacement and tried a number of cars that where all edition cars but the BMW parts database says you need to have option code 335 to order which NONE of the 5 reg plates of cars that where definately editions I tried had. Can anyone see if their dealer needs the same info?

Neil.
__________________
--
Neil J. //McRae -- Alive and Kicking -- neil at DOMINO.ORG --///M ARMY
M5 DCT CP Alpine White -- M135i Alpine White -- M4 DCT Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:01 AM   #19
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
ibanezking's Avatar
England
11
Rep
728
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leigh, Lancs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post

Chrome Black exhaust (you need 4) 18107842862 18ea inc vat
thought that sounded nice....................

just phoned local BM dealer - gave part number - not bothered if it was original on my car or owt........... result

can have them here for tomorrow.......... result

how much................. 35 and some pence PLUS vat............ EACH!!!!


er......... no thanks
__________________
E92 M3 - Interlagos Blue and Black everything else!!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST