BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #23
SpencerM3
20
Sauce
 
SpencerM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,026
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Zero issue with the Rogue pulleys.
Good to hear, Rogue or Dinan are what I am leaning towards.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #24
Eugene-TAIWAN
31
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH_M3 View Post
I wonder if the other pulley brands are the same or if they're better.
ie: Evosport, Rogue Engineering, Dinan, etc.
this is the 2nd time I have heard this on the forums about the AA pulley set up.

Rogue, evo, gintani, dinan have a very similar designs. Only the AA pulley set up is double sided with a custom made belt.
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #25
MMMorish
28
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
this is the 2nd time I have heard this on the forums about the AA pulley set up.

Rogue, evo, gintani, dinan have a very similar designs. Only the AA pulley set up is double sided with a custom made belt.
So let me get this straight.. Any of the other pulleys run a regualar over the counter parts store type belt?

What's the difference with all the other brands, are they the same size?
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #26
Eugene-TAIWAN
31
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
So let me get this straight.. Any of the other pulleys run a regualar over the counter parts store type belt?

What's the difference with all the other brands, are they the same size?
well the things is the later built M3s I think it was after June of 2008 needed to change 2 pulleys instead of 1. BMW made some changes.

so with the other companies what they did was ran the belt was wrapping front and back the only difference is that AA made a custom belt where the backside had PK grids on them. In theory is good but in real life I don't know if its really needed. I push my car hard very hard and I had no problems with my RE pulley.

And I think with the other brands its all about who has the more aggressive pulley (lighter weight) But I think they are mostly the same anyways.
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #27
Nawaaz
46
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
That thread is also the OP in this thread.

Hope you get your problem resolved, very strange its happened to you twice. I have not had any issues with mine, I just went to take a look - from what I can tell it looks okay.
Yep.

It's a weird & confusing situation.

Who knows, maybe it is the pulley and not the belt.....Like you said.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #28
MMMorish
28
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
well the things is the later built M3s I think it was after June of 2008 needed to change 2 pulleys instead of 1. BMW made some changes.

so with the other companies what they did was ran the belt was wrapping front and back the only difference is that AA made a custom belt where the backside had PK grids on them. In theory is good but in real life I don't know if its really needed. I push my car hard very hard and I had no problems with my RE pulley.

And I think with the other brands its all about who has the more aggressive pulley (lighter weight) But I think they are mostly the same anyways.
I have a pre June 08' build, what does that mean for me? Can I use on of the other pulleys and get over the counter belts at my local parts store?
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #29
Eugene-TAIWAN
31
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I have a pre June 08' build, what does that mean for me? Can I use on of the other pulleys and get over the counter belts at my local parts store?
I am in the same boat as you I have a pre-June production car.

the only reason why I went with RE Pulleys is Because of Drew. He pushes his car really really hard and if nothing happens to his car I think it would be same for mine as well. But over the counter belts is much easier if you ask me.
you can pick it up at any Canadian tire
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #30
tom @ eas
104
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,486
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I am in the same boat as you I have a pre-June production car.

the only reason why I went with RE Pulleys is Because of Drew. He pushes his car really really hard and if nothing happens to his car I think it would be same for mine as well. But over the counter belts is much easier if you ask me.
you can pick it up at any Canadian tire
I'm assuming you went back to the stock pulley after the G-Power was installed?
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #31
skoot3r
11
BMW n00b
 
skoot3r's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to skoot3r
shoot I didn't even know gintani made a pulley. I guess I will have to it pick up. anyone know the price?
__________________
09 SpaceGray M3 DCT
Power: Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Dinan Intake, Gintani Xpipe, RPi Scoops
Cosmetic: Vrs Poly-Lip, CSL Trunk, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Smoked Tails, Challenge Diffuser
skoot3r is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #32
Eugene-TAIWAN
31
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I'm assuming you went back to the stock pulley after the G-Power was installed?
Yes Sir, that is exactly what I did
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #33
Eugene-TAIWAN
31
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
shoot I didn't even know gintani made a pulley. I guess I will have to it pick up. anyone know the price?
just give them a PM I am pretty sure its all around the same price.
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #34
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
17
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 1,783
iTrader: (1)

Dear OP,

Thank you for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience. This is a old issue has been addressed before and we did go through our system to contact customers with the recalled belts. Obviously we are the ones that sell the systems but it was an issue with a few belts from one of our batches of shipments from the supplier ( an OE supplier) at the time. Several owners received immediate replacements and an additional if there initial was from the same supplier. We switched suppliers a long time ago and now use a company that meets all OE specs. It is unfortunate that you slipped through the cracks (even though you recieved an early belt replacement) it is clear you did not get one of the updated belts. While there is no excuse for this it does tend to happen in all industries and I apologize again.

Please contact me Monday or PM me your information and I will contact you via phone and have this issue taken care of. Once again be assured this is an old issue that has been corrected.

Best,
Omar@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #35
Mr.Bimmer
4
Lieutenant
 
Mr.Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County, Ca

Posts: 435
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrouble View Post
they need to be called out on this; whether it's a flaw in the pulley design or belt
that's the million dollar question. please keep us posted and let us know what you find out

edit: just read AA's post above. sounds like the belt is the culprit
Mr.Bimmer is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #36
Green-Eggs
8
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 812
iTrader: (3)

AA let us know about the potential problem when it first happened. Once they confirmed it, they informed us to let all our customers know. They manned up & took care of it.
__________________
Green-Eggs is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #37
xxe92xx
7
Banned
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 783
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
shoot I didn't even know gintani made a pulley. I guess I will have to it pick up. anyone know the price?
$395
xxe92xx is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #38
Trier Germany
10
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (1)

Plus 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Anyone else experiencing this with their pulleys from other manufacturers?
Maybe someone should post a pulley board!

I'm leaning towards Dinan pulley since they back the warranty on the car.

Has anyone received a Dinan pulley any reviews.
Trier Germany is offline   Luxembourg
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 03:25 AM   #39
duk
29
///M
 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 2,961
iTrader: (0)

Omar just responded guys, looks like AA will take care of things.
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

duk is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #40
MMMorish
28
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Dinan has it on their site, but they haven't shipped out yet. That's the one I'm going with as well. Just because it's the only mod, save for internals, that actually bolts up right to the motor. I'd want something on there that was backed up by warranty just in case.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #41
skoot3r
11
BMW n00b
 
skoot3r's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to skoot3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
$395
thanks bro
__________________
09 SpaceGray M3 DCT
Power: Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Dinan Intake, Gintani Xpipe, RPi Scoops
Cosmetic: Vrs Poly-Lip, CSL Trunk, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Smoked Tails, Challenge Diffuser
skoot3r is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #42
Nawaaz
46
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Dear OP,

Thank you for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience. This is a old issue has been addressed before and we did go through our system to contact customers with the recalled belts. Obviously we are the ones that sell the systems but it was an issue with a few belts from one of our batches of shipments from the supplier ( an OE supplier) at the time. Several owners received immediate replacements and an additional if there initial was from the same supplier. We switched suppliers a long time ago and now use a company that meets all OE specs. It is unfortunate that you slipped through the cracks (even though you recieved an early belt replacement) it is clear you did not get one of the updated belts. While there is no excuse for this it does tend to happen in all industries and I apologize again.

Please contact me Monday or PM me your information and I will contact you via phone and have this issue taken care of. Once again be assured this is an old issue that has been corrected.

Best,
Now that's what I call good, quality customer service.

OP: Hope your issue is resolved.......For good.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #43
dhoggm3
9
Captain
 
dhoggm3's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 E93 E36 M3, F430, 981 BS
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA

Posts: 970
iTrader: (1)

From where did you order the spare belt for the AA pulley? There must be normal retail vendors for the two Conti V Multi-rib belts that come with the AA package.
__________________

Never leave a car completely stock!
dhoggm3 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #44
M3 Montreal
21
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,183
iTrader: (0)

I have an AA pulley . I have the one sided pulley (08 model previous to a certain month that needed teh double sided).

Ive done some hard tracking with my car and no issues whatsoever.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST