BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
ZWEAPON
Captain
 
Drives: 540 RWHP
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: K/W

Posts: 816
iTrader: (0)

BMW Confirms Competition Package for E92 & E93 M3

Snip it of Press release:
M3
The M3 Coupe, Sedan, and Convertible models become 2011 models this spring . BMW ups the ante on the M3 Coupe and Sedan by offering a new "Competition Package" for MY2011. The package further enhances the highly responsive chassis by installing a 10mm lower suspension and 19" wheels with greater offset for a wider track. Combined with remapped Electronic Damping Control and Dynamic Stability Control systems, the M3 with Competition Package is the best handling production M car ever built.

The MSRP of MY2011 M3 Sedan, Coupe, and Convertible remain unchanged at $56,275, $59,275, and $67,925, respectively. All prices include $875 Destination & Handling. The Competition Package is available on the Coupe and Sedan models for $2,500.


This package will include:
Electronic Damping Control with new Sport mode mapping
19 wheels (style 359M) with performance tires
Lowered M suspension
Modified DSC mapping
ZWEAPON is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 13,975
iTrader: (4)

i wonder if you will be able to buy the ///M lower suspension? prob going to be really expensive. i guess we will just have to wait to see.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST I CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote?..EMAIL: Bmwdavid@icloud.com | T.805.482.8878 ask for David Aviles
www.stevethomasbmw.com | OUR PARTS STORE | Facebook-DAVID | BMWDAVID.COM
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3 SQ5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,601
iTrader: (0)

Not enough to change my car this year.I am very disapointed that a serious brake upgrade is not part of this package.So I guess some upgrades are happening for my present M.Besides I just ordered a new 2011 335is Cab for my wife to replace her 07 335 cab.We are just going to the dealer to check out colours as she is not sure that I ordered the best colour for her likes.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
ZWEAPON
Captain
 
Drives: 540 RWHP
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: K/W

Posts: 816
iTrader: (0)

Gotta Love Married...Life
ZWEAPON is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
revmmm
Captain
 
revmmm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 835
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
The Competition Package is available on the Coupe and Sedan models for $2,500.


This package will include:
Electronic Damping Control with new Sport mode mapping
19 wheels (style 359M) with performance tires
Lowered M suspension
Modified DSC mapping
I think if I was buying new it would be worth the $2,500. But then again I am the guy that put almost every friggin option on my car.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
revmmm is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,905
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
I think if I was buying new it would be worth the $2,500. But then again I am the guy that put almost every friggin option on my car.

Yeah - I would order it if I was ordering a new car now, not worth a trade in though IMO.
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3 SQ5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,601
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Not enough to change my car this year.I am very disapointed that a serious brake upgrade is not part of this package.So I guess some upgrades are happening for my present M.Besides I just ordered a new 2011 335is Cab for my wife to replace her 07 335 cab.We are just going to the dealer to check out colours as she is not sure that I ordered the best colour for her likes.
It turns out that I did order the correct colours Space Grey on Oyster !She looked at the Le Mans blue and the Alpine White but has gone with what she has now which in IMO is a great colour especially from an ownership point of view.It should be a nice car when it arrives in April!
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
It turns out that I did order the correct colours Space Grey on Oyster !She looked at the Le Mans blue and the Alpine White but has gone with what she has now which in IMO is a great colour especially from an ownership point of view.It should be a nice car when it arrives in April!
+ 1 Congrats Duncan, I told you the Grey/Oyster Beige is very rich looking color combination. And yes in terms of maintenance its easy!
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
I think if I was buying new it would be worth the $2,500. But then again I am the guy that put almost every friggin option on my car.
+ 1 I would have gotten it too and also gotten the edition series, i love that interior upgrade in those models, makes the M look so bespoke and exotic
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #10
ZWEAPON
Captain
 
Drives: 540 RWHP
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: K/W

Posts: 816
iTrader: (0)

http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/01/30/b...r-2011-models/
ZWEAPON is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #11
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
I think that 0-60mph is understated, unless its 0-62mph/0-100kmh

I have seen roadtests with 0-60mph times for DCT M3 Coupes pegged at 4.1s and the
6MT 4.2s-4.3s
and 6MT/DCT verts like mine at 4.6s
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3 SQ5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,601
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
+ 1 Congrats Duncan, I told you the Grey/Oyster Beige is very rich looking color combination. And yes in terms of maintenance its easy!
I have a new concernI am sitting here watching Daytona and see that my wife is looking at new Coach purses on her laptop to match her new interior colour!I guess I need a new set of wheels to match its new household stablemate
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I have a new concernI am sitting here watching Daytona and see that my wife is looking at new Coach purses on her laptop to match her new interior colour!I guess I need a new set of wheels to match its new household stablemate
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
bobbyd1961
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
Snip it of Press release:
M3
The M3 Coupe, Sedan, and Convertible models become 2011 models this spring . BMW ups the ante on the M3 Coupe and Sedan by offering a new "Competition Package" for MY2011. The package further enhances the highly responsive chassis by installing a 10mm lower suspension and 19" wheels with greater offset for a wider track. Combined with remapped Electronic Damping Control and Dynamic Stability Control systems, the M3 with Competition Package is the best handling production M car ever built.

The MSRP of MY2011 M3 Sedan, Coupe, and Convertible remain unchanged at $56,275, $59,275, and $67,925, respectively. All prices include $875 Destination & Handling. The Competition Package is available on the Coupe and Sedan models for $2,500.


This package will include:
Electronic Damping Control with new Sport mode mapping
19 wheels (style 359M) with performance tires
Lowered M suspension
Modified DSC mapping
i guess they couldnt retrofit my 2009 m3 sedan?
bobbyd1961 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #15
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
i guess they couldnt retrofit my 2009 m3 sedan?
retrofit what?

you can get a drop using any of the regular spring kits available.

The aggressive offsets are done at the factory.

and the mapping, hmm possibly an update from the dealer could do it, find something wrong with your EDC & DSC and take it to BMW
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST