BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #23
Emil
Private
Germany
0
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Hi Chris,
wheels are looking awesome!
I also purchased a set of original CSL wheels, they are beeing painted matte black at the moment.
Which type of spacer are you running on the E90?
I thought about using 15mm front and 10mm back (per wheel).
Don´t have my car lowered, so basically I´m trying to find a stance as close to the original M220 wheels as possible.
Greentings from Mannheim,
Jochen
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #24
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

OE CSL wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Hi Chris,
wheels are looking awesome!
I also purchased a set of original CSL wheels, they are beeing painted matte black at the moment.
Which type of spacer are you running on the E90?
I thought about using 15mm front and 10mm back (per wheel).
Don´t have my car lowered, so basically I´m trying to find a stance as close to the original M220 wheels as possible.
Greentings from Mannheim,
Jochen
Jochen,


Thanks for the complement!


Do you have OE front and rear CSL wheels? You know the front OE CSL wheels are 19X8.5 ET 44 and the rear are 19X9.5 ET 27.

All 4 of my wheels are 19X9.5 ET 27 so 3mm spacer in front gives me offset 24 and 5mm rear gives me offset 22 which is perfect for our cars. So if you run a 15mm spacer up front you will have OE specifications of 29 mm and for the rear a 5mm spacer will give you factory offsets for your OE CSL wheels! If you use a 10mm spacer in the rear you will have a offset of 17 food for thought.

I hope this info helps!


Chris

Last edited by Trier Germany; 01-25-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #25
Emil
Private
Germany
0
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Thats great Info, thanks!
Your right, I have the OE set 8.5x19 ET 44 front and 9.5x19 ET 27 rear.
Running a 5 mm spacer on the rears would be perfect for my purposes, but I dont know if this is a good combination from a technical point of view, because the centering circle of the hub might not catch the wheel properly any more?
What are your expereriences and which brand of spacers do you use?
Apreciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #26
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Those look great!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #27
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Those look great!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #28
OwnAge
Brigadier General
OwnAge's Avatar
Armenia
57
Rep
4,176
Posts

 
Drives: LCI 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto. Newmarket.

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 328i  [4.49]
love the color
__________________
3000k HID Fogs | Mtech 3300 AE | Alufelgen CS7 19" F 8.5, R 9.5 ET30 | ContiSport, F 235/R 275 | H&R Sport Springs | CF Perf. T.1 Trunk Spoiler | CF BMW Perf. Splitters | BMW Perf. Exhaust | iPhone4 Doc | PBX | K&E Filter/Charcoal Delete
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #29
amk6453
Major
amk6453's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,046
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F32 Blk Sapphire Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal, 92880

iTrader: (20)

Send a message via AIM to amk6453 Send a message via Yahoo to amk6453
looks good!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #30
Olagüe
Brigadier General
Olagüe's Avatar
Spain
43
Rep
4,251
Posts

 
Drives: 333i e92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

nice wheels! very nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #31
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

CSL wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olagüe View Post
nice wheels! very nice!
Thanks for all the compliments!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #32
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
132
Rep
3,499
Posts

 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (1)

OMG this would look unreal on graphite!
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
SpencerM3
Sauce
SpencerM3's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,026
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

__________________
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #34
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
180
Rep
8,815
Posts

 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Thats great Info, thanks!
Your right, I have the OE set 8.5x19 ET 44 front and 9.5x19 ET 27 rear.
Running a 5 mm spacer on the rears would be perfect for my purposes, but I dont know if this is a good combination from a technical point of view, because the centering circle of the hub might not catch the wheel properly any more?
What are your expereriences and which brand of spacers do you use?
Apreciate your help!
I have done that on my E92 335xi with a 15mm spacer up front for a 19X8 ET47 ZCP wheel (can't get the CSL width here in the States, damn it!) and the wheels ran fine. Then, I had a set of NEEZ EuroCross 7Model that is 19X8.5 / 19X9.5 ET35 all 4 corners. This set I used a 10mm spacer up front and a 15mm spacer in the back for effective ET25 front and ET20 rear. I used Rogue Engineering spacers at both times.

Here are just some pics of the setup:



__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #35
Emil
Private
Germany
0
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Kev, that white one is a real beauty!
Thanks for your info on the spacers. I found the perfect solution for my problem:
Front 8.5x19 ET 44 + 15mm spacer = ET 29 = OE dimension of the M220 wheel.
Rear 9.5x19 ET 27 + 4mm spacer = ET 23 = OE dimension of the M220 wheel.
Was a bit hard to find 4mm spacers but now it should work out fine. Spacers will arrive in approx. 3 weeks, they are currently on backorder. Will post pictures as soon as wheels are mounted.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #36
White08M3
Captain
White08M3's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
789
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island,NY/ Miami Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to White08M3
these are awesome!
__________________


E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:23 AM   #37
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I have done that on my E92 335xi with a 15mm spacer up front for a 19X8 ET47 ZCP wheel (can't get the CSL width here in the States, damn it!) and the wheels ran fine. Then, I had a set of NEEZ EuroCross 7Model that is 19X8.5 / 19X9.5 ET35 all 4 corners. This set I used a 10mm spacer up front and a 15mm spacer in the back for effective ET25 front and ET20 rear. I used Rogue Engineering spacers at both times.

Here are just some pics of the setup:




The OE color for the CSL wheels look Awesome on white!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #38
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

What brand spacers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Kev, that white one is a real beauty!
Thanks for your info on the spacers. I found the perfect solution for my problem:
Front 8.5x19 ET 44 + 15mm spacer = ET 29 = OE dimension of the M220 wheel.
Rear 9.5x19 ET 27 + 4mm spacer = ET 23 = OE dimension of the M220 wheel.
Was a bit hard to find 4mm spacers but now it should work out fine. Spacers will arrive in approx. 3 weeks, they are currently on backorder. Will post pictures as soon as wheels are mounted.

What brand of spacers are you going with? H&R?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #39
Emil
Private
Germany
0
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

I found a brand called SCC, a german manufacturer:
http://www.spurverbreiterung.de/index.php?c=true&lan=uk
Rather unknown, but the product seems alright for a reasonable price.
Perhaps not the quality level of MachtSchnell, but sufficient for my purposes.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #40
lee.minwoo_
S E 7 E N | BMW LOYALIST.
7
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: e92.| e90.| ML63.
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 노래방.

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to lee.minwoo_
damnnn what a beautiful color!
__________________

|2oo9 ///M3.| Alpine White.|BlackLeather&Alum.|Sport&Prem.|iDrive.|MDCT | OEM"19|
|2oo7 E92 335i Coupe | Space Grey | Black&Brushed Aluminum.| iDrive.|Aerolip&Mspoiler.|M3 Control Arms.|AR Downpipes.| Dinan Signature+ |
|2oo6 E46 ///M3 SOLD. | AlpineWhite | Black&CF |GruppeM.|Nav.|SMG.|&e90 330i.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #41
2pak
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 03 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

im anxious to see what it looks like...both the color and the 4 rear csl wheels

if anyone stateside is interested in doing this i have a set of 4 oem rear csl/zcp wheels for sale

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=297415

two of the wheels have curb rash but if you're getting them painted a similar color it wouldn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #42
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
yamazaho's Avatar
Taiwan
88
Rep
6,963
Posts

 
Drives: 12' E92 335is, 15' W205
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via Skype™ to yamazaho
Nice, put them on already!!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #43
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
24
Rep
1,085
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Deutschland KreisTrier auf Autobahn 64 & Tucson AZ

iTrader: (1)

It's the middle of winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
Nice, put them on already!!!!
I would buts it's the middle of winter here in germany. Also I need tires i'm gonna order some this week undecided Yoke AD08 or P-zero Corsas?

Don't worry I'll take plenty of pics when mounted!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #44
adamaster
Brigadier General
adamaster's Avatar
57
Rep
3,197
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90/E92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Home

iTrader: (89)

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST